Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Suggestion on how to implement HARD mode

Acersecomic

It's very, very, very simple. You add a toggle on the Star chart between Hard Mode and Normal, and when you switch between them you get your regular old cleared star chat, and on the Hard Mode you get a cleared map, nodes unfinished, with difficulty raised. No hassle of choosing Normal/Hard EVERY SINGLE TIME YOU CLICK ON AN MISSION.

No hassle! Easy switch between NORMAL and HARD star chart.

Implement on a star chart scale, not per node.

• Like 11

16 minutes ago, (XB1)Cram Duahcim said:

I'm worried more about the rewards for doing it vs having to toggle it 

I'm glad to have this at all. I don't even care about the rewards I just want a nice plain simple hard mode.

If we get more materials credits and whatever else. That will make it better of course.

Edited by JackHargreav
  • Like 5

6 hours ago, (XB1)Cram Duahcim said:

I'm worried more about the rewards for doing it vs having to toggle it 

People have been pissing and moaning that the game is too easy. Well, now it will be harder. Harder IS the reward.

Oh, there will probably be more credits, better resource drops and some kind of badge that declares you're extra special. What you won't get is plat, unique mods that are worth a crap or cookies. Ok, there might be cookies.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, 3rdpig said:

People have been pissing and moaning that the game is too easy. Well, now it will be harder. Harder IS the reward.

Oh, there will probably be more credits, better resource drops and some kind of badge that declares you're extra special. What you won't get is plat, unique mods that are worth a crap or cookies. Ok, there might be cookies.

Watch these people that moaned about it complain that its TOO HARD.

Honestly it happened with The Wolf so I wont be surprised they will nerf the hard difficulty too. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, (XB1)Cram Duahcim said:

Watch these people that moaned about it complain that its TOO HARD.

Honestly it happened with The Wolf so I wont be surprised they will nerf the hard difficulty too. 

Totally agree. If this does happen it will be so funny, (and expected).

Have fun and may RNG be forever in your favor.

1 hour ago, arm4geddon-117 said:

they better include in hard and ultra hard mode also Relic fissures, Arbitrations, Kuva Nodes, POE+bounties , Fortuna+Bounties, Sorties, Profit Taker & Exploiter  etc not just normal star chart missions.

THIS! ABSOLUTELY THIS!

• Like 1

They can implement a full chart toggle, an extra pop up per node or whatever they want. If it is just a measly extra 100 levels and no extra rewards or interesting added gameplay I see little point in using it much.

The game is about hunting loot in an efficient manner, increasing the level for the same exact loot yield does not add to the efficiency. I may use it in order to level things since it will have higher XP gain, but that is about it unless they balance the rewards seperately for HM and UHM.

edit: The passive boosters that come when cracking relics would be a good simple start for the HM and UHM modes. 50% (to everything, mods, xp, rarity chance, rarity yield and credits) for HM and 75% for UHM would work and then they can tailor the rewards better for the mode later on.

Edited by SneakyErvin