Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

DEsign Concept - Augment Adapters!

(PSN)True_Reclaimer

This is a simple DEsign concept I came up with; I believe it falls under UI - as it would directly impact the Warframe mod screen and need to be resized to fit there

• Augment Adapters are purchasable from the market, and craftable with blueprints earned as rewards or purchased with currency
  • Up to 4 adapters can be installed on each Warframe, allowing up to the current cap of 4 augment mods to be equipped
  • Augment mods equipped in an adapted slot have zero drain/polarity, to increase variety without decreasing existing builds
  • No need to Forma these slots since Augment mods equipped in them already cost 0
  • Originally all Warframes had 4 ability slots, DE took those away. These adapters will add those slots back, but solely just for Augment mods - to prevent powercreep while increasing build diversity and Quality of Life enhancements

Just now, WhiteMarker said:

That's quite the power creep. What are the drawbacks? Just adding power without any drawbacks won't be good for that game at all.

Most augment mods are QOL enhancements. Are exilus adapters powercreep? What about Aura slots and Aura Forma? Do they have negatives? Pretty sure Aura slots not only are FREE but GIVE mod power!

We literally had 4 ability slots for years, but we lost them when DE removed ability mods. Augments came much later, so therefore they need Augment slots/ Simple logic

No, and it should be obvious why this is a terrible idea.

And you aren't really making a very good case for it with your answers. It should be easy to see why this is different from the other examples.

You're even stating it shouldn't have drain. And not just 1 but 4 slots. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, WhiteMarker said:

That's quite the power creep. What are the drawbacks? Just adding power without any drawbacks won't be good for that game at all.

5 minutes ago, SpicyDinosaur said:

No, and it should be obvious why this is a terrible idea.

And you aren't really making a very good case for it with your answers. It should be easy to see why this is different from the other examples.

You're even stating it shouldn't have drain. And not just 1 but 4 slots. 

"A worse version of enemy radar is powercreep!" https://warframe.fandom.com/wiki/Revealing_Spores

"B b b being able to roll??? POWERCREEP!" https://warframe.fandom.com/wiki/Mesa's_Waltz

"Draining health instead of energy for Desecrate! NEEDS NERF" https://warframe.fandom.com/wiki/Despoil

"Being able to recast Iron Skin? Absolutely broken! Even if it shouldve been part of his kit, P O W E R C R E E P" https://warframe.fandom.com/wiki/Iron_Shrapnel

Y'all really getting bent over optional mods that you dont even need to use? Nobody is gonna force you to!

So because others want to have fun or have QOL improvements, you dont want them to because you dislike it? Seems biased and unreasonable 👍

8 minutes ago, (PS4)True_Reclaimer said:

So obvious thats why you fail to explain?

In your flawed logic Aura mods should cost mod drain instead of giving it then

And you can already equip 4 augments, you want DE to nerf that too? smh

You know what, this is getting me worked up and I am trying not to get warned for now so I'm just going to bite my tongue and let you keep on keeping on.

17 minutes ago, (PS4)True_Reclaimer said:

Most augment mods are QOL enhancements. Are exilus adapters powercreep? What about Aura slots and Aura Forma? Do they have negatives? Pretty sure Aura slots not only are FREE but GIVE mod power!

Yes, even QOL would be power creep. Exilus slot is also power creep. Now you want to add 4 more slots...

19 minutes ago, (PS4)True_Reclaimer said:

We literally had 4 ability slots for years, but we lost them when DE removed ability mods. Augments came much later, so therefore they need Augment slots/ Simple logic

Did you even play back then? When we had the slots for abilities, we had 2 more slots over all (excluding aura and exilus). When using all 4 power, as we do now, we had 2 less slots for everything else. With the change to the power-slots, we gained to slots. Adding 4 more slots for power... yeah, just power creep.

I will ask again: where is the drawback? Usually people are just suggesting additional slots. The mod capacity is the limiting factor. But you want these new slots to drain no capacity at all. That's just bad design and nothing else.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, WhiteMarker said:

Yes, even QOL would be power creep. Exilus slot is also power creep. Now you want to add 4 more slots...

Did you even play back then? When we had the slots for abilities, we had 2 more slots over all (excluding aura and exilus). When using all 4 power, as we do now, we had 2 less slots for everything else. With the change to the power-slots, we gained to slots. Adding 4 more slots for power... yeah, just power creep.

I will ask again: where is the drawback? Usually people are just suggesting additional slots. The mod capacity is the limiting factor. But you want these new slots to drain no capacity at all. That's just bad design and nothing else.

Explain to me how Revealing Spores is powercreep

Then explain to me how Aura slots have any drawbacks

Please, I cannot wait to hear this

And there would be no point to adding slots if they still cost the same drain genius. Because then NOBODY would use Exilus slots when they could squeeze in augments which you want to cost drain as well!

Most augments already can go in the Exilus slot! Therefore you contradict your own argument, and are disagreeing while not understanding why you are when all the things Im suggesting currently exist in game and/or have in the past

4 minutes ago, (PS4)True_Reclaimer said:

Yes, even QOL would be power creep. Exilus slot is also power creep.

I realized the problem. You dont know what "powercreep" even means

Exilus slots were designed to NOT add any, and Quality of Life is not even related to power

Ill explain it for you, since Im nice

Power is your ability to complete content - usually in this case its the ability to kill enemies

Powercreep is when something is added that overtunes your power, allowing you to trivialize content

Seeing enemies on radar doesnt break the game. Being able to recast an ability or roll or any of the hundreds of QOL improvements, does nothing to nuke the map of enemies.

Therefore it is NOT powercreep, and you are hereby banned from using the word again since even the devs will tell you that youre wrong.

Please stop trolling and telling people that enemy radar is powercreep, its laughably pathetic to anyone that actually plays Warframe

9 minutes ago, (PS4)True_Reclaimer said:

Explain to me how Revealing Spores is powercreep

It is more power, more power we don't even need. And it's not just about one augment. You want 4 at the same time without any drawback.

10 minutes ago, (PS4)True_Reclaimer said:

Then explain to me how Aura slots have any drawbacks

Please, I cannot wait to hear this

I will do that. Just tell me when did I say they aren't power creep aswell? Then again we always had auras. So they are somewhat fine. You just want to add 4 more slots to our Warframes, based on what? Because the game is difficult, and we need these slots? So before I explain anything, you explain why we would need these slots in the game, especially 4 of them without drawback.

13 minutes ago, (PS4)True_Reclaimer said:

And there would be no point to adding slots if they still cost the same drain genius. Because then NOBODY would use Exilus slots when they could squeeze in augments which you want to cost drain as well!

Most augments already can go in the Exilus slot! Therefore you contradict your own argument, and are disagreeing while not understanding why you are when all the things Im suggesting currently exist in game and/or have in the past

I contradicted nothing. Now the augments drain capacity and you have to chose what to slot in. With you idea there would be no decision on how to build. Just more power, more and more power.

So before asking anything from me, how about you explain why we need that feature. And yes, you have to explain it. Every idea is basically a product you have to sell to DE. Why should DE be interested in your idea? How would your idea benefit the game? 

2 minutes ago, WhiteMarker said:

ou just want to add 4 more slots to our Warframes, based on what? Because the game is difficult, and we need these slots?

To increase build variety and Quality of life. Most augment mods should have been part of the original abilities, but its cool to have O P T I O N S

3 minutes ago, WhiteMarker said:

Why should DE be interested in your idea?

Because most augments are unused

Also plat sales

Also good incentive to grind content for the bp rewards, so more playercount and longer playtime

5 minutes ago, WhiteMarker said:

How would your idea benefit the game? 

More build variety. Nobody can argue with optional mods (besides you of course)

Many underused frames and abilities will see some light - more tennogen and deluxe skin sales

Overall not a single negative besides you dont like it because you think everything is powercreep, which even if it was, will still be a benefit to all players and hurt nobody

More slots don't add build variety. If this was true then this would be the case already. People are going and will always go for the meta, for more power.

And why would you 4-slot-idea add variety? I would still use the same build as I have now with the augments in addition to that.

So you have no reasoning. Great.