Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Ember Immolation Augment

Immolation Augment: When Heat Gauge is MAX - Fireball costs zero Energy. (also, Fire Blast, Maybe)

The drain isn't that bad when it first starts, but escalates. However, if Fireball was Free to Spam during that time, it would feel like MAX Meter is GIVING you something rather than taking it away. 

Her Damage Reduction constantly oscillating from 50-90% and the Feeling of the Energy Drain are less than Ideal. You are supposed to manage the meter, but Drain will eventually Max out no matter how many times you Fire Blast. It feels like you are doing something wrong when it happens. (because you should just toggle on/off) 

This Period of Max meter is when she is at her most powerful, and the correct thing to do is... turn it off. 

I think having the constant drain could actually FEEL like a positive, if you could spam Fireball (and maybe Fire Blast to dump meter).

• Like 1

Exothermic and Arcane Energize synergy.

Fck "managing" your heat bar and end up being mediocre.

Aura whatever, Cunning Drift

Both R4 Streamline and Fleeting Expertise, Primed Flow, Exothermic

Stretch, Augur Reach, Primed Continuity, Natural Talent

Arcane Energize and whatever 2nd Arcane

Vazarin school.

The trick to play new Ember is to hard spam your 4 and use your 3 every 10 seconds or so to reset the exponential drain (and strip all armor to whoever unlucky).

If you're nuking the map well then energy management is never a problem as those synergy I mentioned above along with minimal drain already do more than enough for her.

Since she can't use Zenurik if she want to keep her perma-4 anyway, Vazarin school will covered the part that she can get easy maxed overshield with the constant uptime of her 90% DR OR Protective Dash vs. level 300s or above.

Syndicate procs from Suda or Red Veil, Exodia Brave, etc.

So typical TLDR: Git gud minmaxing a frame with synergy of your entire loadout then your criticism might be valid to my ears.

Edited by Ragnafiro
  • Like 2

Ember's rework was less than ideal.

3 hours ago, Ragnafiro said:

Aura whatever, Cunning Drift

Both R4 Streamline and Fleeting Expertise, Primed Flow, Exothermic

Stretch, Augur Reach, Primed Continuity, Natural Talent

Nice build for nuking Star Chart.

If you removed the energy cost from her 1 and 3 she would have no way to reset her shield gate. This would reduce her survivablility significantly. If anything I want her 4 to cost energy when it's cast. Since you already spam inferno for energy orbs it would be nice if it also added shields/over shields. If you run Arcane Energize and the Exothermic augment for her 4 you pretty much have an unlimited supply of energy. You have a spammable cc ability that resets your shield gate and strips armor. The damage reduction is inconsequential to me since I run rolling guard, I just want her immolation level up for full armor strips.

4 hours ago, ShortCat said:

Tried it in one hour Requiem Kuva Survival, still higher kills than Saryn by 400 difference. Arbi Survival for the same time and more kills than my Equinox and Saryn combined. But never mind that. Any valid crititism that I can improve my build since you know better?

Edited by Ragnafiro

5 hours ago, ShortCat said:

Gonna break down each mod reasoning since you woke af:

105 DUR 175 EFF 190 RANGE 100 STRENGTH

Hit minimal drain to make the abuse of her abilities last longer. I had tried the 40 DUR 190 EFF but the lack of duration cucked out the DoT from her 4 too much so I settle for that with Primed Continuity.

225 max energy is still too small for the sheer inconsistency before and after the Energize procs so bigger pool also means that the pool don't get instantly cucked by energy leech eximus.

Exothermic self-explained as makes as much Energy Orb rolls for Arcane Energize.

Instead of building flat ability strength that don't give much. It's better to get more indirect ability strengh via her passive: Enemies within 50m of her that are heat proccing grants her +5% ability strength, so range mods that can hit enemies up to 50m like her 4 already suits well and complement the fire spread as she gain better damage in higher enemy density environments.

Natural Talent is just basically the attack speed mod for nuke frames. Change my mind.

Any valid criticisms?

EDIT: At 110% Strength via burning 2 enemies at least Ember already that 90% DR cap OR... use Growing Power.

Edited by Ragnafiro