Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Maxed Mod Indicator

Sasha2k1

So a little idea I had while cleaning my mod collection. If you had a "hide maxed" filter on, an indicator would appear on your mods saying that you have a maxed version in the collection. That would streamline the selling/dissolving process by eliminating the need to check if you're about to get rid of the only unranked copy of that new mod you got a few games back.

26 minutes ago, Sasha2k1 said:

That would streamline the selling/dissolving process by eliminating the need to check if you're about to get rid of the only unranked copy of that new mod you got a few games back.

Um, how? An indicator for maxed mods have nothing to do with selling your last unranked copy. Why not just keep your only unranked copy? I think I understand what you mean, you just explained it really poorly.

You mean: if the unranked copy you are about to sell is the only copy at any level you have. Right?

8 минут назад, krc473 сказал:

Um, how? An indicator for maxed mods have nothing to do with selling your last unranked copy. Why not just keep your only unranked copy? I think I understand what you mean, you just explained it really poorly.

You mean: if the unranked copy you are about to sell is the only copy at any level you have. Right?

Consider the following: You are clearing up your collection from duplicates and you turn the "hide maxed" filter on to not bother with maxed mods. While selecting mods you come across an obscure one and you're not sure if that's a duplicate of a maxed mod or a brand new one. Since you turned "hide maxed" on you cannot check whether it's a dupe or not. That leaves you with 2 choices: Check the completion of that mod, making you start over or browse with "show maxed", giving you the possibility of accidentally selling a maxed mod. With the indicator, you would see that there is a maxed version of that mod somewhere in your collection and that it's safe to select this mod for sale.

1 hour ago, Sasha2k1 said:

With the indicator, you would see that there is a maxed version of that mod somewhere in your collection and that it's safe to select this mod for sale.

I get what you mean. But it sounds like it could easily be negated by just paying attention. There is not much point DE putting time into something that you can already see. It is quite difficult to accidentally select a mod if you are actually paying attention to what you are doing.

• I do think a limited number of people would find this proposal useful. I doubt there is enough of a demand for DE to bother.

I haven't sold mods for credits/endo in years. And when selling for platinum you don't need a filter as you know what you are looking for.