Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Dps Cap + Gameplay

MaxHardwood

Okay so I've done a few of the new golem runs, and only discovered recently that when damage doesn't show up, it's not because you're missing, but because there's a DPS cap.

I honestly thought the game was bugged here as did everybody I was playing with.

There needs to be more game play visual feedback rather than just have numbers not show up. Perhaps it can eject some bullet dissolving gas cloud when you can't damage it any more? Have lotus say something like, "Your bullets can't penetrate that gas cloud. It must be too acidic" or something. I'm cool with DPS cap, but really needs to be obvious rather than numbers just not showing up.

wait is this cap on everything? or just Lephantis?

only lephantis, as of right now, doesnt mean DE cant start adding them to all the bosses.

there's been a few threads about DPS caps being bad design, one of them being mine, yes, we all agree it's a bad choice by DE, and hopefully it'll be removed.

only lephantis, as of right now, doesnt mean DE cant start adding them to all the bosses.

there's been a few threads about DPS caps being bad design, one of them being mine, yes, we all agree it's a bad choice by DE, and hopefully it'll be removed.

Unless DE begins/learns to make hard bosses then it will stay.

So what exactly is your definition of a hard boss?

When you've grown up on video games and played them before they became mainstream, you know what true bosses are.

Much like completing the 64 challenges of Super Smash Brothers Melee.

They dumb games down for the current generation because they want to make money.

Hard games do not make money on level with easy games.

Simply put.

Games this day and age are but a shell of what they once were.

Edited by Anarties

Thats the whole problem in warframe ...  definition of difficulty.

Atm. its like max all mods on your weapons and frames = win. Perfectly supported by power creep and current scaling.

I really hope that warframe will became a better game someday, with almost no scaling, no power creep and high skill cap.

Unless DE begins/learns to make hard bosses then it will stay.

The problem I see right now is 8 or 80, not a middle term, if any of you played against Lephantis right after the Update 10 hit (before the first rebalance), we here 4 players with good weapons, and the fight long about 30m bc he was a complete bullet sponje, not even the Flux did the job right, right after the so called rebalanced, you could kill him in 5 to 10 m or soloing if needed.

It seem to me that, they achieved better result by creating adapting AI behiavor (dont know if the correct term) on bosses, that scale with skill/weapons from players or the most mvp in the party, that could create better challenge for all involved in the fight, and please everybody. 

This is just my 2 cents, I already played on games with scalling bosses and they are never easy or one shot.

So what exactly is your definition of a hard boss?

My opinion? Something about 50 to 100x the difficulty of Lephantis. I'm talking something that REQUIRES a fully maxed out 4-man team of decently skilled players with all level 30 and forma'd weapons and takes at least 20 minutes to take down.

A boss like that would set the players of Warframe on FIRE to kill.

My opinion? Something about 50 to 100x the difficulty of Lephantis. I'm talking something that REQUIRES a fully maxed out 4-man team of decently skilled players with all level 30 and forma'd weapons and takes at least 20 minutes to take down.

A boss like that would set the players of Warframe on FIRE to kill.

Who the hell would want to fight that on warframe?

The AI isn't hard so the fight would get extremely monotonous.

Bosses don't drop a particularly large amount of mods or resources.

Bosses don't give enough xp.

The rng could make it take weeks of non so grinding for a warframe with 20 minute fights.

Warframe doesn't reward you for fighting harder content (endless defence and survival) so why would a big bad boss be any different?