Jump to content

The Deadlock Protocol: RELEASING JUNE 11!


Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, Mole38 said:

Too busy virtue signaling like every other company.

Yeah, like when a person does it i dont find it weird, but when a company does it its like .."yeah, we see what you did there, it was expected of you, now silence brand".

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Kim-Pine said:

Let them take their time to polish this update, do you guys want another rushed half-baked mess ?

I rather wait to get something good and enjoyable...

BUT !! If they failed us again, this going to be a rough moment for them.

One thing you learn after this kind of thing happens a bunch is that no matter how long it takes past the original estimates; as it has already with this one, originally intended about when the initial rest of world COVID 19 outbreak; extra time isn't used for bug fixing; but for fiddling with or removing features that were intended originally or late additions. Considering that DE has already did the marketing and "interviews" for the update on sites like the Playstation Blog or PC Gamer, this repeats updates like Sanctuary Onslaught, where after many delays it wasn't even playable on release without emergency weekend hotfixes. This of it akin to an old friend, you like them, you wish them well, but they can't meet deadlines, even ones they established with no input of another; its just part of their nature.

  • Like 5
Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Exactly, this year they can ride the horse of this covid thing but those who have been around for 5+ years know too well they never ever met their deadlines when they gave some...Now people defending them by saying that they didn't give a release date, probably forgot to read that interview released to pc gamer where they stated DP would be out on the week of the 5th, and PC gamer wouldn't really write that if they didn't get that memorandum from DE themselves.

What pissed people off the most is the total lack of communication, either they were too ashamed to further let the community know of another delay in the delay after 2 months of delays already or i dunno, but the total radio silence was uncalled for, they really managed to delay and not deploy anything in the lamest way this time...At least in the past they would post on Wednesdays ( lul ) the ever present message that the update wasn't coming lmfao.

What about one of the most infamous delays aka the War Within? was there covid 19 back then 3 yrs ago too? That sh_it got delayed for so long that people called it The Wait Within.

And everytime after the whiteknights kept cuddling DE and telling them to take their time lmfao, they always had to drop half a dozen of fixes right after anyway in the best case scenario, so cut it with this bull_S#&$ whiteknighting posts of love and gratitude.They can't meet deadlines, they have a terrible organization and resources management.That's a fact and it's been under everyones eyes for years.End of story.

Withnessing hype and delays since 2015 and im sure those who started even before can more or less state the same.

But keep hiding in the shadows and behind your radiosilence dear DE, you really hit another lvl of lameness this time.

Edited by arm4geddon-117
  • Like 15
Link to post
Share on other sites

What makes the silence worse is when Rebecca acknowledged on stream that DE know people have been disappointed with recent releases and lack of communication, and literally the next update.. here we are. 

  • Like 8
Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, Godzilla853 said:

I understand what is going on in the world is wrong and all, but video games are made to escape the real world and have fun. Politics and what is happening in the real world do not always belong in the game

and you totally seem to ignore, that this game is made by REAL people, that are affected by REAL issues of the REAL world.

And no amount of you wishing this isn't true is changing that very REAL fact

What I'm to say next is exaggerated and over the top and I'm doing this only, to drive my point home (and possibly overshoot by a longshot) and is NOT directed at you... but that REAL reason the world in such a sorry sate, is that 50% of its inhabtants are a**h**es or manipulated by a**h**es and the other 50% wants nothing more than to escape that state and  start whining if they learn and see that the people providing said escape, actually don't want to look away

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

This whole pandemic thing and the BLM Politics going on atm is just a welcome excuse for DE to do absolutly nothing for days/weeks . They never really listened to their community and delayed their updates tremendously . so this is nothing new to their playerbase . no one really wanna play railjack or archwing stuff or trash tier augments and 1 deluxe skin each few months . but DE is still really doing this as their only content . ( dont mention scarlet spear it was a buggy disaster ) the only good thing about warframe atm is that it is for free . only noobs who casualy playing the story having fun right now in this game 

  • Like 5
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Unverzeihlich33 said:

This whole pandemic thing and the BLM Politics going on atm is just a welcome excuse for DE to do absolutly nothing for days/weeks . They never really listened to their community and delayed their updates tremendously . so this is nothing new to their playerbase . no one really wanna play railjack or archwing stuff or trash tier augments and 1 deluxe skin each few months . but DE is still really doing this as their only content . ( dont mention scarlet spear it was a buggy disaster ) the only good thing about warframe atm is that it is for free . only noobs who casualy playing the story having fun right now in this game 

I'm having fun and i've been here since update 7

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Crossfire78 said:

and you totally seem to ignore, that this game is made by REAL people, that are affected by REAL issues of the REAL world.

And no amount of you wishing this isn't true is changing that very REAL fact

What I'm to say next is exaggerated and over the top and I'm doing this only, to drive my point home (and possibly overshoot by a longshot) and is NOT directed at you... but that REAL reason the world in such a sorry sate, is that 50% of its inhabtants are a**h**es or manipulated by a**h**es and the other 50% wants nothing more than to escape that state and  start whining if they learn and see that the people providing said escape, actually don't want to look away

Wait...lets see if I get this right...

The reason for such a sorry state is that 50% of the world are "a-holes" or are manipulated by "a-holes" and the other 50% want to escape the sorry state but can't because the first 50% (the 'a-holes') won't look away...so that means that the players are the ones that want to escape but can't because DE won't look away?

Are you calling DE a bunch of 'a-holes'? That seems harsh...they are people and deserve to be treated with respect...

Also, those REAL people with REAL issues in the REAL world probably are not all that understanding when they don't get a paycheck because someone lost a member of the family, or had to work from home, or wanted to have some internal discussions about some topic happening in another country, or any number of other REAL issues...because...well...paycheck.

The point is...using "REAL" issues as a reason to not communicate with the player community is simply a lame excuse. But those players that are 'attacking' DE for not releasing content the first, second, third week of June 2020...well...those players are being silly. If DE simply says "We are close...but not this week" it helps reduce all the "where is the content" threads but won't impact those players with an axe to grind that want to complain that DE is "always late on content"...

It seems that DE could do a lot to improve player community relationships with a steady update on the schedule for content releases. This mindset companies like DE have that keeping release dates "secret" is a good thing needs to change. Any good manager wants employees that are willing to notify them early when a milestone is going to be missed rather than being told the day of or right after the milestone date passes. The same theory can be applied to the player community.

Internally, DE should have a target date for the content to be completed that is BEFORE the target RELEASE date. So we get something like this:

Tennocon movie (not trailer of game play) - July 2020 => Look at this pure fantasy of something we hope to give to the players sometime in the future!!!! Target release date Nov 12 2020!

Internally: The new content target date (for completion) 1 Nov 2020.

Internal Aug 1 2020 Update: We are way behind on getting this reskinned version of rescue as a new game mode to work properly...

External Aug 8 2020 Update: We are on track for a Nov 12 2020 release! (Lots of hype in dev streams for what actually works)

Internal Oct 20 2020 Update: We won't make Nov 1 2020 for this reskinned version of rescue as a new game mode...simply not working out. NOW WE KNOW WE HAVE TO PUSH THE RELEASE! New internal target date is 25 Nov 2020.

External Oct 28 2020 Update: We have ran into some issues and are now pushing the new content to Dec 1 2020! Sorry...here is a pixel hat for you to wear for Halloween!

Internal Nov 1 2020 Update: Everything works except for the rescue target is getting stuck in elevators still.

External Nov 9 2020 Update: Still looks like Dec 1 2020 for the new content!

Internal Nov 8 2020 Update: Fixed rescue target movement issues now the new enemies don't attack the rescue target anymore.

External Nov 17 2020 Update: Get ready for this great new content on Dec 1 2020!

Internal Nov 15 2020 Update: Fixed enemies attacking rescue target but now a Limbo can CC the entire map and trivialize the reskinned rescue as a new game mode content.

External Nov 25 2020 Update: We are on track for Dec 1 2020....get ready!

Internal Nov 23 2020 Update: Removed Limbo as a warfame to make the new content not trivial anymore...will refund all players with Limbo a total of 1 credit because players shouldn't have played Limbo after we nerfed Limbo in Scarlet Spear.

External Dec 1 2020 Update: Release new content

Internal Dec 1 2020 Update: Prepare for the forum backlash for removing Limbo by giving all the devs and community team the next two weeks off with pay!

This timeline is for example purposes only and the suggestion to remove Limbo is probably the greatest suggestion ever.

  • Like 5
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Crossfire78 said:

and you totally seem to ignore, that this game is made by REAL people, that are affected by REAL issues of the REAL world.

And no amount of you wishing this isn't true is changing that very REAL fact

What I'm to say next is exaggerated and over the top and I'm doing this only, to drive my point home (and possibly overshoot by a longshot) and is NOT directed at you... but that REAL reason the world in such a sorry sate, is that 50% of its inhabtants are a**h**es or manipulated by a**h**es and the other 50% wants nothing more than to escape that state and  start whining if they learn and see that the people providing said escape, actually don't want to look away

This is very true.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Crossfire78 said:

What I'm to say next is exaggerated and over the top and I'm doing this only, to drive my point home (and possibly overshoot by a longshot) and is NOT directed at you... but that REAL reason the world in such a sorry sate, is that 50% of its inhabtants are a**h**es or manipulated by a**h**es and the other 50% wants nothing more than to escape that state and  start whining if they learn and see that the people providing said escape, actually don't want to look away

 

17 minutes ago, Godzilla853 said:

This is very true.

So... which 50% do you belong to? Just asking.

Link to post
Share on other sites

It's actually quite hillarious to read comments that say current pandemic situation is an excuse for DE's delays.
I don't have any classes, seminars or lectures, all I can do is to study which I do as I always did, leisurely and I don't treat current pandemy as an excuse of my way of studying. However, it still does affect last step of my academic education and I am worried how will it turn out in the end.

Now look at Deadlock Protocol the other way or from developer POV - I don't have tools for my work (mb I have at home if I am lucky), I can't use mo-cap studio, audio studio, lots of things affect my company and dev team, I have tons of data I have to code/decode for it to work perfectly with other huge amount of data that's in the game, I can't ensure it will be perfect as I have specific task assigned and I focus only on that, not on the whole.

Now, imagine there's 50-100 ppl, each of them different task under current circumstances. Moreover, the delay was being considered way earlier, patch is due in June. June started 6 days ago. Nothing what devs said is being covered by pandemy as the excuse.

Not trying to be "white knight". However, I am considerate person who knows how hard it is for others or how hard it can be. I am really gratefull to devs that they are trying to make up for 2019 and I really enjoy the patches/updates since 2020. Just wanted to clear some ppls views on the matter, nothing more.

Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, darkhades2012 said:

It's actually quite hillarious to read comments that say current pandemic situation is an excuse for DE's delays.
I don't have any classes, seminars or lectures, all I can do is to study which I do as I always did, leisurely and I don't treat current pandemy as an excuse of my way of studying. However, it still does affect last step of my academic education and I am worried how will it turn out in the end.

Now look at Deadlock Protocol the other way or from developer POV - I don't have tools for my work (mb I have at home if I am lucky), I can't use mo-cap studio, audio studio, lots of things affect my company and dev team, I have tons of data I have to code/decode for it to work perfectly with other huge amount of data that's in the game, I can't ensure it will be perfect as I have specific task assigned and I focus only on that, not on the whole.

Now, imagine there's 50-100 ppl, each of them different task under current circumstances. Moreover, the delay was being considered way earlier, patch is due in June. June started 6 days ago. Nothing what devs said is being covered by pandemy as the excuse.

Not trying to be "white knight". However, I am considerate person who knows how hard it is for others or how hard it can be. I am really gratefull to devs that they are trying to make up for 2019 and I really enjoy the patches/updates since 2020. Just wanted to clear some ppls views on the matter, nothing more.

The problem is not about update not getting released.

The problem is that official twitter started hyping the update up, the trailer was released, and then silence. Not even a small update like "looks like it wont be coming out this week", but they had the time to tweet about the situation in america.

  • Like 8
Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
13 minutes ago, Eyn_Sof said:

The problem is not about update not getting released.

The problem is that official twitter started hyping the update up, the trailer was released, and then silence. Not even a small update like "looks like it wont be coming out this week", but they had the time to tweet about the situation in america.

Exactly this^
Players wouldn't spam around forums so much if they didn't put so many trailers on social media. Recent accidents in USA won't justify how poorly they played it during whole week. 
One single tweet or sentence on forum would be enough which, let's be honest, would take 20 sec of their time.

 

EDIT: Also there's still no second act of nightwave after( if I remember correctly) 3-4 weeks. It's also weird and gives 2nd intermission vibes kinda.

Edited by Exelcto
  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites

Calm before the storm. Used to it since War Within. Would've been nice to have a head's up though, among other touchy subjects being raised this week.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Also they still reply to some topics (including rebecca locking a topic) so its just about them not wanting to speak about the update.

  • Like 9
Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
10 hours ago, Swagernator22663 said:

The update is DElayed because they are adding an political message after initial login, and if you don't agree with it they don't want you to play their game.

Oh wow, so now i need to quote my own post, because some mod silently deleted add about hong kong that was within my post ?

 

Truly a clap for DE, and i guess now im on my way for second "verbal warning" because .. what exactly ? Like WOW, actually WOW DE.

Edited by Swagernator22663
  • Like 7
Link to post
Share on other sites

I'd like to say two things.
Firstly - It's kind of annoying seeing people in the warframe community rag on DE for making a public statement. Large and small companies speaking against Oppression, Systematic Racism, and injustices targeted towards minority groups that get ignored is a good thing. It's not meant to pat them on the back and make them feel better - It's meant for those toxic individuals who support these horrible things to feel uncomfortable in those spaces, and communities.

Trying to simplify things and use them as an excuse to throw shade at a company in an underhanded way to express your frustrations isn't cool. Shame on you. 

Secondly - I'd appreciate a little more communication on content releases. Even if it's just to say "It's not done yet".

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
×
×
  • Create New...