The Deadlock Protocol: RELEASING JUNE 11!

17 minutes ago, Swagernator22663 said:

Oh wow, so now i need to quote my own post, because some mod silently deleted add about hong kong that was within my post ?

Truly a clap for DE, and i guess now im on my way for second "verbal warning" because .. what exactly ? Like WOW, actually WOW DE.

Could also be because Leyou is in a vulnerable time right now trying to get bought out by Tencent through their IDreamsky subsidiary. If you recall, Tencent was involved with the Activision Blizzard reaction to the social protests and show of support among some pro-players at the time in the city.

7 hours ago, arm4geddon-117 said:

Exactly, this year they can ride the horse of this covid thing but those who have been around for 5+ years know too well they never ever met their deadlines when they gave some...Now people defending them by saying that they didn't give a release date, probably forgot to read that interview released to pc gamer where they stated DP would be out on the week of the 5th, and PC gamer wouldn't really write that if they didn't get that memorandum from DE themselves.

What pissed people off the most is the total lack of communication, either they were too ashamed to further let the community know of another delay in the delay after 2 months of delays already or i dunno, but the total radio silence was uncalled for, they really managed to delay and not...

I've read that article 5 times by now and still, it was stated they would try to release it this week. Try to being the key words here. They also said in Devstreams that early June was a buffer back in May. They've been communicating this possible delay for weeks now and people just haven't been listening. 

People are defending because some people know what its like doing game development, and others have sympathy for people. I don't need an announcement every day saying "its not today" or even every week. I just need a "we can't make it until x time" and then either an announcement in that period of time that its delayed or will ship. Our period of time here is early June. That's still this week. 

• Like 2
5 minutes ago, CanOfCraig said:

It's meant for those toxic individuals who support these horrible things to feel uncomfortable in those spaces, and communities.

Inviting that kind of volatility onto the forums would normally get you banned. The climate surrounding these issues is insanely hostile, and trust me, not just those who support horrible things will end up feeling really uncomfortable.

Hell, those who support horrible things will probably feel less uncomfortable since they don't care about other people from the get-go.

• Like 4
Posted (edited)
10 minutes ago, Draconicdisciple said:

I've read that article 5 times by now and still, it was stated they would try to release it this week. Try to being the key words here. They also said in Devstreams that early June was a buffer back in May. They've been communicating this possible delay for weeks now and people just haven't been listening. 

People are defending because some people know what its like doing game development, and others have sympathy for people. I don't need an announcement every day saying "its not today" or even every week. I just need a "we can't make it until x time" and then either an announcement in that period of time that its delayed or will ship. Our period of time here is early June. That's still this week. 

Why did they then post so many trailers about update on their social media week before? 
It's not like they didn't know it gonna build some hype and expectations like it did with every other update realeased earlier. That's why lot of people were also expecting some sort of info during this week

Edited by Exelcto
Just now, Exelcto said:

Why did they then post so many trailers about update on their social media week before? 
It's not like they didn't know it gonna build some hype and expectations like it did with every other update realeased earlier.

Which social media specifically? I've only read the 3 articles, devstreams, and youtube trailer. The devstreams made clear that late May/Early June was in the realm of possibility. Late May came and they said June. They said they would try for week of the 5th, so that's not a solid guarantee. If you're expecting an update to drop late May you're gonna advertise it in early to mid may, or earlier as the situation feels right. A week before the release seems fine to me, like sure we're all given hype but its not hard to wait a week. They already don't really advertise early so that should be taken into consideration too of course. Like WoW announces trailers of its new stuff months before release and DE doesn't.

1 minute ago, Draconicdisciple said:

Which social media specifically? I've only read the 3 articles, devstreams, and youtube trailer. The devstreams made clear that late May/Early June was in the realm of possibility. Late May came and they said June. They said they would try for week of the 5th, so that's not a solid guarantee. If you're expecting an update to drop late May you're gonna advertise it in early to mid may, or earlier as the situation feels right. A week before the release seems fine to me, like sure we're all given hype but its not hard to wait a week. They already don't really advertise early so that should be taken into consideration too of course. Like WoW announces trailers of its new stuff months before release and DE doesn't.

All of this showed up on their Twitter and Facebook- which are social media. 
This^ + articles= building hype and expectations among group of players. Simple.
On the other hand on roadmap showed on devstreams they said that delay buffer is EARLY June, which is its 1st or 2nd week. While most of people out there understand that update may be delayed( again) due to lot of reasons, all that they wanted was just piece of information about progress. They're not demanding update.

• Like 7
1 minute ago, Exelcto said:
All of this showed up on their Twitter and Facebook- which are social media. 
This^ + articles= building hype and expectations among group of players. Simple.
On the other hand on roadmap showed on devstreams they said that delay buffer is EARLY June, which is its 1st or 2nd week. While most of people out there understand that update may be delayed( again) due to lot of reasons, all that they wanted was just piece of information about progress. They're not demanding update.

And we got a progress update last week that we need the early June buffee, which means we still have a week. I don't get why its suddenly horrible that they're not announcing it week by week. 

• Like 1
Just now, Draconicdisciple said:

And we got a progress update last week that we need the early June buffee, which means we still have a week. I don't get why its suddenly horrible that they're not announcing it week by week. 

They hyped it as if it was coming on the first week of June. Then they got silent.

That's the only problem. People just want some information about the progress as well as reasons for this delay. Nothing more.

• Like 1
Posted (edited)
9 minutes ago, Draconicdisciple said:

Also according to article on PC Gamer: 
https://www.pcgamer.com/warframe-the-deadlock-protocol-will-soon-to-revamp-the-games-oldest-content/
It's stated update " is due to release" in the next 2 weeks, but more likely week of June 5th. But here's a little detail. Article was added 14 days ( 2 weeks) ago. 
People read that and got their hopes up.

Edited by Exelcto
  • Like 2
4 minutes ago, Exelcto said:

Also according to article on PC Gamer: 
https://www.pcgamer.com/warframe-the-deadlock-protocol-will-soon-to-revamp-the-games-oldest-content/
It's stated update " is due to release" in the next 2 weeks, but more likely week of June 5th. But here's a little detail. Article was added 14 days ( 2 weeks) ago. 
People read that and got their hopes up.

Wow that's weird, that same article comes up as 1 week ago for me. 

15 minutes ago, Draconicdisciple said:

Two of those teasers are from last week, I think one or both of them were posted -after- it was announced that it would release in June. 

Hmmm...how welcoming.

24 minutes ago, CanOfCraig said:

It's not meant to pat them on the back and make them feel better - It's meant for those toxic individuals who support these horrible things to feel uncomfortable in those spaces, and communities.

hmmm

16 minutes ago, Colyeses said:

Inviting that kind of volatility onto the forums would normally get you banned. The climate surrounding these issues is insanely hostile, and trust me, not just those who support horrible things will end up feeling really uncomfortable.

Hell, those who support horrible things will probably feel less uncomfortable since they don't care about other people from the get-go.

<Can't comment for fear of reprisal for expressing an opinion that is different than the proscribed opinion of others>

This is going to be fun moving forward.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Colyeses said:

Two of those teasers are from last week, I think one or both of them were posted -after- it was announced that it would release in June. 

Yeah, if that's the case then I don't see a problem when combined with an "early June" buffer. Release a trailer saying 'soon', well 1 week after is still soon.

3 minutes ago, Exelcto said:

Well, this is what I see ^^
https://imgur.com/sUtRDOj

From the link you gave me it says 2 weeks, when I google search and open from another tab its only 1. Might be a problem on my part. I maintain the early June buffer since ultimately articles aren't a primary source but this does change things a little. 

• Like 2
Just now, Draconicdisciple said:

From the link you gave me it says 2 weeks, when I google search and open from another tab its only 1. Might be a problem on my part. I maintain the early June buffer since ultimately articles aren't a primary source but this does change things a little. 

Oh I see. Well, all we can do is just wait with patience right now. Our discussions there won't change anything sooo let's just leave it.

Wish everyone wonderful weekend. Stay healthy!

• Like 1
25 minutes ago, Draconicdisciple said:

Yeah, if that's the case then I don't see a problem when combined with an "early June" buffer. Release a trailer saying 'soon', well 1 week after is still soon.

1 week after would've been yesterday. It's going to be 1.5 to 2 weeks after, minimum. That's what bugs me about this, the teasers came out too soon, IMO, especially if DE won't communicate that the patch isn't coming this week. 

They've kept us posted before, so why they didn't this time...

It'll be next week. Yall need to relax. When they post and say "its not done yet" Yall *@##&#036; and whine until it is done. Lets be patient. We don't want a buggy mess, if it ends up tat way, we might have a forum genocide. 

• Like 1
24 minutes ago, VitalAmprex said:

It'll be next week. Yall need to relax. When they post and say "its not done yet" Yall *@##&#036; and whine until it is done. Lets be patient. We don't want a buggy mess, if it ends up tat way, we might have a forum genocide. 

Literally sounds like a bunch of dudes mad because their gf didn't call them to check in. Just wait it out ppl. Maybe play a different game for a bit if you have nothing to grind. DE can take their sweet time if it means less bugs for us.

• Like 2
12 hours ago, Frost.Umbra said:

Literally sounds like a bunch of dudes mad because their gf didn't call them to check in.

Imagine comparing the lack of communication from a live service videogame company to a gf

12 hours ago, Frost.Umbra said:

Maybe play a different game 

Great suggestion until more and more people start playing different games and not just for a bit

• Like 8
4 hours ago, HmInteresting said:

Imagine comparing the lack of communication from a live service videogame company to a gf

Great suggestion until more and more people start playing different games and not just for a bit

If not permanently, yes, giveing the direction of WF now

Posted (edited)
19 hours ago, GreyDeath789 said:

Hmmm...how welcoming.

hmmm

<Can't comment for fear of reprisal for expressing an opinion that is different than the proscribed opinion of others>

This is going to be fun moving forward.

That's Warframe for you. Look no further than the Guides of the Lotus and the Partner Program.

GotL was (until its dissolution) a miniature little NKVD, and the same is true now with the Partner Program. People work tirelessly to compile ammunition for future moves against each other. The rules of the game can change at any moment, without notice to you, and suddenly you are in disfavor with the local Troika. Enjoy GULAG, you naughty anti-revolutionary.

Edited by notlamprey
  • Like 1
Posted (edited)

It Be Like That I Suppose, One Wrong Move, It All Breaks Down. Best Action At This Point Is To Wait And Hope It All Improves. (Even If We All Know It Won't)

Edited by BigCupOfBeans
  • Like 1
19 часов назад, Frost.Umbra сказал:

Literally sounds like a bunch of dudes mad because their gf didn't call them to check in.

emmm no dude. A good company always in check with their clients, always. You stick with your client, you keep him updated. Because you need to sell stuff.

Now don't get me wrong, although your remark is funny, it has little to do with a situation at hand. As it now i see little to no reason to remain silent about current state of the update. I mean there might be a bigger picture what i'm missing, but i will repeat. I see no reason to keep players in the dark.

• Like 9
19 hours ago, Frost.Umbra said:

Literally sounds like a bunch of dudes mad because their gf didn't call them to check in. Just wait it out ppl. Maybe play a different game for a bit if you have nothing to grind. DE can take their sweet time if it means less bugs for us.

I see this line of defense every time DE delays something, and it might work for another developer, but for DE, history has shown that regardless of how long DE delays new content it always comes out buggy. Why? Because we (PC players) are their play testers and we always have been. Hell, on the Devstream that Hard Mode was announced, Steve said he just wanted to release it immediately and figure everything out from there (balance issues, etc.), it was laughed off at the time but that seems to be their real mentality sometimes. Release and Hotfix, Release and Hotfix, and if something is too difficult to fix, e.g. Lich balance issues, try to kick the can as far down the road as possible. 

As far as this delay goes, I'm not personally phased, it's to be expected at this point. "DElayed" is a meme for a reason. I do think the advice to play something else for a while is valid, and would also encourage people who don't to consider it. It'll be better for your mental health in the long run. As for a lack of, or in this case I would call it "vagueness" in communication, that is also often par for the course. I would say it's understandable but I can't say it's excusable. I certainly can't excuse it per the bigger issues in the world. As much as I understand we've all been affected by them in one way or another and I sympathize with those who have been affected to a far greater degree than others, including myself, the problem is that the issues with DE predate all of this.  

• Like 10