Jump to content

The Deadlock Protocol: RELEASING JUNE 11!


Recommended Posts

27 minutes ago, Kel_Silonius said:

emmm no dude. A good company always in check with their clients, always. You stick with your client, you keep him updated. Because you need to sell stuff.

Now don't get me wrong, although your remark is funny, it has little to do with a situation at hand. As it now i see little to no reason to remain silent about current state of the update. I mean there might be a bigger picture what i'm missing, but i will repeat. I see no reason to keep players in the dark.

Same here ^

Tho not gonna lie the GF thing reminds me of my old friend, used to be same, even tho she was legit in the other room

Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, AnhurShu said:

I see this line of defense every time DE delays something, and it might work for another developer, but for DE, history has shown that regardless of how long DE delays new content it always comes out buggy. Why? Because we (PC players) are their play testers and we always have been. Hell, on the Devstream that Hard Mode was announced, Steve said he just wanted to release it immediately and figure everything out from there (balance issues, etc.), it was laughed off at the time but that seems to be their real mentality sometimes. Release and Hotfix, Release and Hotfix, and if something is too difficult to fix, e.g. Lich balance issues, try to kick the can as far down the road as possible. 

All of ^. Every single Update/Hotfix be in a endless loop of stuff breaking and being tested. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

This awkward radio silence though...

I still don't get how telling us "Hey couldn't make it for 'xyz' reasons so shipping it next week or later." would be that hard, literally anyone in DE can do that if they have access to this Warframe forums. 

After this weekend it will be back to visiting forums periodically while praying that we get an official statement. 

Any old or relatively old WF player is used to delays, that's although not desirable but definitely better than this awkward silence all over this place. We just want some official confirmaton guys. 

 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Cosmic_Executioner said:

This awkward radio silence though...

I still don't get how telling us "Hey couldn't make it for 'xyz' reasons so shipping it next week or later." would be that hard, literally anyone in DE can do that if they have access to this Warframe forums. 

After this weekend it will be back to visiting forums periodically while praying that we get an official statement. 

Any old or relatively old WF player is used to delays, that's although not desirable but definitely better than this awkward silence all over this place. We just want some official confirmaton guys. 

 

DE's Developers always escape their community's questions. They are used to this. THEY REALLY NEED TO START WORKING.

Link to post
Share on other sites
hace 3 horas, Cosmic_Executioner dijo:

This awkward radio silence though...

I still don't get how telling us "Hey couldn't make it for 'xyz' reasons so shipping it next week or later." would be that hard, literally anyone in DE can do that if they have access to this Warframe forums. 

After this weekend it will be back to visiting forums periodically while praying that we get an official statement. 

Any old or relatively old WF player is used to delays, that's although not desirable but definitely better than this awkward silence all over this place. We just want some official confirmaton guys. 

 

Exactly

 

NOT THE UPDATE ITSELF, BUT INFORMATION

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

i am not going to play the white knight here, i do remember trailers coming 2 weeks befor an update, i also know they said "no planned deployments untill deadlock" assuming this update also contain nightwave part 2, they might be in a bind if some of the console companies halting thier buisness as a result of the protests, it also possible the update is in a state they simply cannot give an ETA, i wont say how they are handeling it is right (stopping communications insted of saying "not this week and we cant promise next week), they should just give some kind of word so people stop bugging them about it (though honestly they have always been slow with big updates to the point it's not funny, but oh well, i'll just play the 100+ games i never got around to play)

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, BornAgain04 said:

So another week of no streams. There's been 0 communication aside from the corporate BLM statement. Lost most of my hype for Deadlock Protocol as well.

While it's true that DE has lately been doing a lot of stuff I almost couldn't disagree with more strongly...

It's important to have compassion for just how precarious and stressful their situation is right now. The problems they currently face are a fiendishly complicated mixture of world events, industry trends, assorted short- and long-term consequences of their work culture and choices. 

I think many of the people within DE, if not all, are stressed nearly to the breaking point. Some may have already passed that point. As tempting as it is to continue to criticize and poke fun for my own satisfaction, I would want us all to remember the importance of compassion - it seems to be greatly lacking in the current global moment.

If I don't feel I can support or enjoy the game, that's one thing. I can still wish DE and its people well, even when they're making choices I don't like. 

 

  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, notlamprey said:

While it's true that DE has lately been doing a lot of stuff I almost couldn't disagree with more strongly...

It's important to have compassion for just how precarious and stressful their situation is right now. The problems they currently face are a fiendishly complicated mixture of world events, industry trends, assorted short- and long-term consequences of their work culture and choices. 

I think many of the people within DE, if not all, are stressed nearly to the breaking point. Some may have already passed that point. As tempting as it is to continue to criticize and poke fun for my own satisfaction, I would want us all to remember the importance of compassion - it seems to be greatly lacking in the current global moment.

If I don't feel I can support or enjoy the game, that's one thing. I can still wish DE and its people well, even when they're making choices I don't like. 

 

While I certainly appreciate the message here, it should also be stated that criticism of a company is not inherently a personal attack on the individuals who work there. It is not forgetting their humanity, it is not a lack of compassion for what they are going through, and it is not wishing anyone ill. For example, Amazon, I have no doubt that there are individuals working at all levels at Amazon who care deeply for and are committed to BLM. That doesn't mean I can't look skeptically, even cynically on the BLM message on Amazon's front page. I honestly think they left off a disclaimer there stating, "Unless they work at one of our warehouses, no lives matter at our warehouses". That isn't throwing shade at or mocking the individuals that work there but rather the company as a corporate entity and its history. By the same token, recognizing that DE, as an organization, might be falling into the same pattern of behavior for this content release that they have for previous content releases, does not dismiss the hardships and stress the individuals working there are going through.

As I said in my previous post, I'm not concerned with this content release, delays are expected, communication issues are, unfortunately, expected to some degree (bugs are also expected). I just disagree with using the bigger issues currently going on in the world as an excuse when the same problems have been with DE for a long time.  

  • Like 9
Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

5 years playing this game and 99% of the time they do not meet the dates they give, so they should not even leave a specific date so as not to give us hope, as always a terrible organization and equally bad resource management, as memories with the hype for The War Within and Covid 19 did not exist, as they always managed to disappoint me

Sorry for my bad english

Edited by Ashvent_Wolfer
  • Like 9
Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, BloodKitten said:

i am not going to play the white knight here

And yet you just did?

7 hours ago, BornAgain04 said:

So another week of no streams. There's been 0 communication aside from the corporate BLM statement. Lost most of my hype for Deadlock Protocol as well.

I am pretty sure this is going to happen for some time Born, hell things like this never just vanish quickly, no matter how much we want it to, but keep in mind of the other matters that this whole "issue" has brought, so do not be srupised if this keeps going on for some time.

 So, go ahead and play a new game or hell maybe move onto D2, they never pull such stunts (besides that one day of without a small patch) but that was for something else due to the event in-game. 

4 hours ago, AnhurShu said:

As I said in my previous post, I'm not concerned with this content release, delays are expected, communication issues are, unfortunately, expected to some degree (bugs are also expected). I just disagree with using the bigger issues currently going on in the world as an excuse when the same problems have been with DE for a long time.  

Besides the Shielding comment, I have to agree here ^

Delays and such are expected (if not just a meme at this point with out much it happens) but the latter?, yeah no, not good.

7 hours ago, zurefox said:

I just wanna know why :c

Go ahead and look at the tweets, that will give you a solid crystal clear image

Edited by Circle_of_Psi
Thanks for whoever put the Posts in one single one!
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

What really boggles my mind is that it was only a few weeks ago during a stream with Megan that Rebecca was going on about how DE need to do better especially in terms of communication after the various disasters such as Railjack and Kuva Liches. 

Fast forward a few weeks from then and DE have reverted back to their old bad habits.

I'm also getting sick to death of people making excuses for DE, their lack of communication and continual delays far predate the usual excuses players throw out on DE's behalf. 

As others have mentioned a very simple post on the forums from a member of staff keeping the playerbase up to date on a rough ETA would be much welcomed by a large proportion of the playerbase, it would legitimately take them seconds, mere seconds. 

  • Like 10
Link to post
Share on other sites

It really saddens me that even after they apologized for the lack of communication over Scarlet Spear, they are doing it again! Sure there is a lot going on right now, but a tweet or a post or anything would go a long way. 

I don't mind delays, but information would be great! 

  • Like 5
Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Guys I guess we must prepare to leave this game. DE seems like under big trouble and cannot run the company any longer.

  

2 hours ago, -Alleluia- said:

What really boggles my mind is that it was only a few weeks ago during a stream with Megan that Rebecca was going on about how DE need to do better especially in terms of communication after the various disasters such as Railjack and Kuva Liches. 

Fast forward a few weeks from then and DE have reverted back to their old bad habits.

I'm also getting sick to death of people making excuses for DE, their lack of communication and continual delays far predate the usual excuses players throw out on DE's behalf. 

As others have mentioned a very simple post on the forums from a member of staff keeping the playerbase up to date on a rough ETA would be much welcomed by a large proportion of the playerbase, it would legitimately take them seconds, mere seconds. 

They think we are their slaves, we should just shut up and pay rather than questioning their game LOL. In their eyes a few seconds is not worth to pay to please their playerbase, at least their action is showing this IMO.

Edited by CrimsonBladeZeta
  • Like 5
Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, CrimsonBladeZeta said:

Guys I guess we must prepare to leave this game. DE seems like under big trouble and cannot run the company any longer.

Have players already not tho?, cuz I seen a few folks leave and partners,  but not sure on that really.  Although with so much things shaken up the wrong way, I won't be srupised, but I'll hate to see what you say become an reality, you go out in glory, not in a fire. 

11 hours ago, vakary829 said:

It really saddens me that even after they apologized for the lack of communication over Scarlet Spear, they are doing it again!

They only do so, so they can look forgiven, nothing they say means anything, just words to appeal for PR. No matter of Apologizes/We'll Try Harder/We Promise. To be honest, I doute any compney turely means what they say, but it's something you'll learn over time Vak.

As well, this guy said it clearly below me. 

13 hours ago, -Alleluia- said:

What really boggles my mind is that it was only a few weeks ago during a stream with Megan that Rebecca was going on about how DE need to do better especially in terms of communication after the various disasters such as Railjack and Kuva Liches. 

Fast forward a few weeks from then and DE have reverted back to their old bad habits.

I'm also getting sick to death of people making excuses for DE, their lack of communication and continual delays far predate the usual excuses players throw out on DE's behalf. 

As others have mentioned a very simple post on the forums from a member of staff keeping the playerbase up to date on a rough ETA would be much welcomed by a large proportion of the playerbase, it would legitimately take them seconds, mere seconds. 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

This situation reminds me of " the missile knows where it is".

Révélation

The game knows where it is at all times. It knows this because it knows where it isn't. By subtracting where it is from where it isn't, or where it isn’t from where it is, it obtains a difference or deviation. The guidance developers use deviations to generate corrective updates to drive the game from a position where it is to a position where it isn't and arriving at a position that it wasn't, it now is. Consequently, the position where it is is now the position that it wasn't, and it follows that the position that it was is now the position that it isn't. In the event that the position that it is in is not the position that it wasn't, developers have acquired a variation. The variation being the difference between where the game is and where it wasn't. If variation is considered to be a significant factor, it too may be corrected by DE. However, the game must also know where it was. The game guidance team scenario works as follows: Because a variation has modified some of the information that the game has obtained, it is not sure just where it is. However, it is sure where it isn't, within reason, and it knows where it was. It now subtracts where it should be from where it wasn't, or vice-versa. And by differentiating this from the algebraic sum of where it shouldn't be and where it was, it is able to obtain the deviation and its variation, which is called a patch.

Here, the response time to correct the trajectory from where the game shouldn't be in, and where the game should be in (the variation), is too important. A single patch will not be able to correct completely the game & more time given to developing such response will only make the situation worse.

Edited by Umbriellan
Link to post
Share on other sites

Why procrastination? It's dishonest, isn't it? Don't commit if you can't.And they said in the live broadcast that they think the communication with the community is not enough, so even if they realize this problem, they are still repeating the problem rather than considering to fix it, just like they fix all kinds of bugs

Spoiler

Work Hug GIF by Kochstrasse™

I think it can be seen from the number of steam online that there is a huge loss of players, but de doesn't seem to realize that. The trust of players is not infinite

Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
×
×
  • Create New...