Jump to content

The Deadlock Protocol: RELEASING JUNE 11!


Recommended Posts

20 minutes ago, BornAgain04 said:

Don't think they'd want to release today, there's a couple hours left of the workday. Better to release early tomorrow or on Thursdays as usual and leave space for hotfixes.

 

What about releasing it with not as many bugs as usual so they don't need to do hotfixes immediately after launch? 😞 Last update i had to relaunch the game after updating because immediately after downloading the update they released a hotfix, like 20-30 minutes after the update was live. I know it's DE we are talking about and everyone wants the update, but i don't want it to release too early again with tons of bugs in it, so i'd actually be comfortable with waiting a little more than 1 or 2 days. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Samhel said:

What about releasing it with not as many bugs as usual so they don't need to do hotfixes immediately after launch? 😞 Last update i had to relaunch the game after updating because immediately after downloading the update they released a hotfix, like 20-30 minutes after the update was live. I know it's DE we are talking about and everyone wants the update, but i don't want it to release too early again with tons of bugs in it, so i'd actually be comfortable with waiting a little more than 1 or 2 days. 

It's gonna have bugs regardless.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
55 minutes ago, Eyn_Sof said:

To anyone who says "its still june so its ok" they wanted to release it at the end of may and left early june as a buffer.

Now i dont know about you but usually when they said something like that, it means that they are polishing the update and most of the update is done.

As someone who knows about programming i know that even small problems can become hard to fix, but everytime in the past when a problem cropped up that delayed the release they posted about it.

PS. PSO2 was a thing even before but only japanese servers and fan translation(though japanese servers are surprisingly stable)

 

You're clearly talking to me. Next time, quote me so I can answer.

1. It's still early June.

2. As someone else stated in the last page, DE just added a Deadlock Protocol picture to their banner on their facebook (And now their Twitter), which means it will more than likely release some time this week.

3. They DID post about a delay. Deadlock was initially going to release in May. This thread right here states that it will be instead released in June. It is still June. There's no reason to post about another "delay" when the current delay threshold hasn't been met yet.

4. Duh PSO2 was a thing before. However many people from places not in JP either could not play it or didn't wish to deal with fan translations. It's been officially released here in NA on PC and now everyone can play it on servers situated at their home. Thus, point still stands.

Edited by SoulEchelon
  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, BlackCat500 said:

Oh no, we have to wait a few days longer for content on a free game. I don't think I can survive a minute longer, even though this month was said to be a buffer in case they don't make it! Here's my will that I have written before dying of lethal doses of entitlement. Tell my family I love them.🙄

Oh no, people are asking for infos about an update that's been advertised to come out early june or even more specifically "the week of the 5th of June"(see the PCGamer article). I don't think I can possibly wrap my head around the concept of there being a difference between that and demanding to drop the update immediately. Here's my now broken shield I've used in so many battles DEfending against these madlads expecting to get updated and not be completely ignored. Now I'll pass the keyboard to someone else so they can tell complainers to play another game. Tell DE(those saints letting you download the game for FREE) I owe em my soul

Edited by HmInteresting
  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

First off, this is a thing. Second, as far as I can see, the article everyone keeps harping on about like some holy scripture says "most likely the week of June 5th", meaning it is speculative. Not only that, but I don't even see where they got this information from. Maybe actually take word from the actual developers that already designated up to the entirety of the whole month of june as a buffer for finishing the update instead of a third party site? It feels like that would really alleviate most of the problem. Sure, a more precise update on the situation might be nice, but just run with what they're saying because even they might not know the exact timeframe to release it in. It's not a hard idea to grasp and definitely not a good reason to conjure a feces-storm over.

Edited by BlackCat500
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
37 minutes ago, BlackCat500 said:

First off, this is a thing. Second, as far as I can see, the article everyone keeps harping on about like some holy scripture says "most likely the week of June 5th", meaning it is speculative. Not only that, but I don't even see where they got this information from. Maybe actually take word from the actual developers that already designated up to the entirety of the whole month of june as a buffer for finishing the update instead of a third party site? It feels like that would really alleviate most of the problem. Sure, a more precise update on the situation might be nice, but just run with what they're saying because even they might not know the exact timeframe to release it in. It's not a hard idea to grasp and definitely not a good reason to conjure a feces-storm over.

I already saw that post before commenting, didn't really change the fact you picked the flawless logic cards of "game is free" and "lul ppl complaining about coNtEnT drOuGhT"(which wasn't the actual complaint of the majority of commenters here) when even a vaguer version of the post you quoted would've worked to make people stfu for a while about lack of communication. So yeah I still decided to comment. If you can't tell what was wrong with the way they handled it, what can I say other than I'm glad you're not a community manager at DE

 

No worries, I get what you're saying and I'll be parodying commenters with you once they pick the 2021 buffer while staying silent for half the year

Edited by HmInteresting
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, DeLawrence said:

Tomorrow, Destiny 2 launches its next season or at least we believe so, bottom line is, there's gonna be a big reveal for the season to come and probably the next fall expansion. Saturday, they had a big world event(albeit a bit long) which was a pretty big technical success. 

I imagine DE won't sit on their asses and let Bungie claim all the hype, so I'd expect Deadlock to launch either later on this evening or even tomorrow to try and build their own hype.

Honestly D2 deserves it.

And they didn't get so worked up about the real life issues, made a simple statement and went on their way, not went overboard on twitter or "other things"

1 hour ago, HmInteresting said:

-snip-

For a split-second I thought you name said "Human Testing"

(curse my eyeballs)

  • Like 6
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Circle_of_Psi said:

For a split-second I thought you name said "Human Testing"

(curse my eyeballs)

Nah your eyes didn't deceive you, the big brains managing the simulation fixed my nickname in a split second

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, HmInteresting said:

I already saw that post before commenting, didn't really change the fact you picked the flawless logic cards of "game is free" and "lul ppl complaining about coNtEnT drOuGhT"(which wasn't the actual complaint of the majority of commenters here) when even a vaguer version of the post you quoted would've worked to make people stfu for a while about lack of communication. So yeah I still decided to comment. If you can't tell what was wrong with the way they handled it, what can I say other than I'm glad you're not a community manager at DE

 

No worries, I get what you're saying and I'll be parodying commenters with you once they pick the 2021 buffer while staying silent for half the year

It's not that I didn't see that the people were complaining about a lack of communication..but the fact of the matter was and still is that they had already given a rough estimate of the timeframe in which people could expect the content drop. Given that, I figured that was what people ended up wanting to implicitly complain about. When posting in this thread, I assumed either the devstream information, any of the youtube summaries or the very thread's first post and title would have given that much away, so the only reasonable connection I could make was that it wasn't fast enough for people, since they should already know it might take them time to get back to us on it if there's further delay into july. Given that there wasn't, it is either too early for them to say, or they are in fact close to finishing it. So people sounding like someone beat their puppy with a rusty iron pipe when I think DE have been desperately trying to please this broad spectrum of opinions within the community that just can't possibly all be satisfied at once (I have a bunch of things I am dissatisfied with as well) made be somewhat peeved. I doubt anyone in their right mind would want to purposely set off a bomb within their own community if they want to keep them.

..and..sure. I doubt I'd do very well as a community manager, though I'd contest not for this reason. I'm just not that type of person. Not sure if that makes you qualified to talk down to me as if you were self-evidently better suited to the position, but y'know what - go for it if you think you could do a better job at it than the current CMs. There wouldn't be any harm in being proven wrong there, for everyone involved.

Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, BlackCat500 said:

It's not that I didn't see that the people were complaining about a lack of communication..but the fact of the matter was and still is that they had already given a rough estimate of the timeframe in which people could expect the content drop. Given that, I figured that was what people ended up wanting to implicitly complain about. When posting in this thread, I assumed either the devstream information, any of the youtube summaries or the very thread's first post and title would have given that much away, so the only reasonable connection I could make was that it wasn't fast enough for people, since they should already know it might take them time to get back to us on it if there's further delay into july. Given that there wasn't, it is either too early for them to say, or they are in fact close to finishing it. So people sounding like someone beat their puppy with a rusty iron pipe when I think DE have been desperately trying to please this broad spectrum of opinions within the community that just can't possibly all be satisfied at once (I have a bunch of things I am dissatisfied with as well) made be somewhat peeved. I doubt anyone in their right mind would want to purposely set off a bomb within their own community if they want to keep them.

..and..sure. I doubt I'd do very well as a community manager, though I'd contest not for this reason. I'm just not that type of person. Not sure if that makes you qualified to talk down to me as if you were self-evidently better suited to the position, but y'know what - go for it if you think you could do a better job at it than the current CMs. There wouldn't be any harm in being proven wrong there, for everyone involved.

You know it's a bit weird when you sprinkle the advertisements you mentioned all over your media channels in a short period of time and then have full radio silence when people (even if unreasonably) ask for updates. Maybe it's just me. Maybe I'm not suited to be a CM either after all. Guess I'll have to retract the claim I've never made.

 

Considering you took that hypothetical situation further(and the rest of what you wrote) I'm assuming saying nothing with the forums "sounding like someone beat their puppy with a rusty iron pipe" for an entire week is the norm to you, then yeah, I stand by what I said earlier. You know, I don't need to be a game journalist to be able to tell that the supposedly-out-of-thin-air(according to some) date from PCGamer was a questionable bit of info to put in the article if it was indeed never mentioned before.I'll add the "then why dont u do it instead" to the list of powerful cards in your arsenal. Only second to "free game". Anyways, have a good one. Just felt like complaining about people complaining about complaints. The itch is gone now

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

I wish I could be excited about Protea, but the Ember rework kind of sealed my lack of faith in Pablo's ability to turn out a frame that's properly tuned and playtested (>4 4 4 4 4, what is heat gauge lol) and from what I hear he's had a huge part in her development. The overall quality of the game's updates has jumped drastically since then (almost certainly due to the devs' A team, Pablo included, no longer being distracted with railjack) but I'm still not optimistic.

New Corpus tileset looks incredible though, and I'm excited to finally have a new story quest! 😄 can the grineer tilesets get some love tho

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Circle_of_Psi said:

Honestly D2 deserves it.

And they didn't get so worked up about the real life issues, made a simple statement and went on their way, not went overboard on twitter or "other things"

True that.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2020-05-25 at 3:18 PM, [DE]SpaceySarah said:

EDIT: June is here, and launch week is here! We will be releasing Update 28: The Deadlock Protocol on PC this week (not today, though)! 

 

  • Like 25
Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

EDIT: June is here, and launch week is here! We will be releasing Update 28: The Deadlock Protocol on PC this week (not today, though)!

ooooh "I'm very excited now. The anticipation." gotta a feeling its gonna be Wednesday or Thursday. we all know DE doesn't like launching mainlines on Fridays

Edited by killerKronos23
weird text coloration and idk why its still like that. . .
Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, killerKronos23 said:

we all know DE doesn't like launching mainlines on Fridays

You might be new and didn't know. DE love to launch stuffs on Fridays last time and leave players with the bugs over the weekend. Many complained and insert logic into DE, that made DE realized it and change launch days to other days than Fridays.

  • Like 6
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, kyori said:

You might be new and didn't know. DE love to launch stuffs on Fridays last time and leave players with the bugs over the weekend. Many complained and insert logic into DE, that made DE realized it and change launch days to other days than Fridays.

nope i've been around for 2 years and only a few times have mainlines been launched on Fridays, or at least from what ive heard.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Dear DE! The remaster of Jupiter has long passed, and the remaster of all Corpus is already on the way. You have already given us the new kavat (vasca is useless - but it looks cool), you have developed a new MOA for us (they are all useless - but they look cool). You remodeled such a beautiful Jackal (it is dangerous, it is scary - and it looks cool). And now combining all these incredible achievements of yours - like some other players during almost every of your Devstream I want to ask: Zanuka type of MOA - when?  ;))

  • Like 7
Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
×
×
  • Create New...