The Deadlock Protocol: RELEASING JUNE 11!

Just now, XzWasPzX said:

Not a valid excuse, at least not to me. A single tweet fix everything: "this week; not this week". At least something, instead the overwhelming silence.

i agree if the update is truly planned for this week they need to communicate.

• Like 3
Justo ahora, Godzilla853 dijo:

i agree if the update is truly planned for this week they need to communicate.

99% sure its not coming this week. But... they did it again.

4 minutes ago, XzWasPzX said:

Not a valid excuse, at least not to me. A single tweet fix everything: "this week; not this week". At least something, instead the overwhelming silence.

Nah might as well not say anything about update, at least tweet something like "we're polishing the content/there are some inconveniences" would be a little bit better

• Like 4
5 minutes ago, RamonLeeYJ said:

They're staying silent because of, I don't know, a huge incident happening in a neighboring country?

With all respect to current accidents happening in USA, but if that's a reason for them to remain silent about progress, it's just imo arrogant towards us- players.
For me it would feel like using S#&$ happening around the world to justify the lack of communication with community. All we need is simple and easy message- is it coming this week or not. People would stop spamming around forums with questions about release date.

• Like 5
20 minutes ago, Unverzeihlich33 said:

u guys are seem to forget this updates release was planned in damn april 

And you've apparently forgotten the tiny plan upset that was a minor global crisis happening right in the middle of its development cycle.

• Like 5

It's obvious that they're intending to release this week. When they know if it's releasing this week/day or if it's postponed to next week, they'll let us know.

And I'd rather it goes to next week rather than us getting another Update with awful first impressions.

Go do something else and wait it out.

• Like 3

I remember seeing developers on other project releasing a sort of %-list, giving a check-list of everything (audio, video, ...) done or not & showing how much work was needed.
Yes, I suppose it wouldn't be easy to copy/paste such system for a video game developpment, but something like this (without any some sort of comment) would be enough I guess.

But keep your hope : the update will come, one day, some day, this week or next month; but it will come.

(if the Deadlock protocole end with the Corpus-leader being resurected; from HIS point of view, do you think he would be in some sort of Half-Life 2 situation (playing as Gordon Goldman) ?)

• Like 1
il y a 13 minutes, Circle_of_Psi a dit :

PC gamer tells is 5th, but won't that be bad?, due to weekend workings

I believe that this update isn't the kind that need a lot of patching after live. Indeed, it's mostly maps, maps, a loads of maps ; a warframe, three weapons, (if not primary kitguns), and the rift-thingy to go get the pieces of Protea. The last part MAY need patching, but the rest seems like bugless easy-to-deploy content.

• Like 4
6 minutes ago, dwqrf said:

I believe that this update isn't the kind that need a lot of patching after live. Indeed, it's mostly maps, maps, a loads of maps ; a warframe, three weapons, (if not primary kitguns), and the rift-thingy to go get the pieces of Protea. The last part MAY need patching, but the rest seems like bugless easy-to-deploy content.

Ture, tho, to be fair, they ARE at home, rather then at the office, so quickly to repair (cuz IIRC, they have to go BACK to the office to fix)

• Like 2
3 minutes ago, dwqrf said:

So I suppose you know how to code, and make video games for a living right? If it was easy, it would be done, and we would have maxed the stuff already. Clearly its not coming anytime soon so just wait. That goes out to everyone complaining; just keep waiting.

• Like 2

You at DE might be thinking right now that Friday is an excellent day to release Deadlock Protocol.

I'm here to say DON'T.  You don't want the playerbase to have a weekend to find all the bugs qa probably missed because they play it as intended.  Don't release it yet, because some Nyx main will find out you can mind control the big bad in an arena.  Some Nekros main will discover that desecrate makes more than one coin drops from a mission.  Sone Chroma main will find a way to abuse shield gating using the cold energy color.  Some Gauss player will find a way to break the new weapons.  Some Mesa player will discover that the primary kitgun positively impacts the passive because its built on the foundation of secondary kitguns.  Some Titania player will discover that you can now get out of the mission area because the door doesn't shut quite fast enough.

Don't release it on a Friday because it's not ready for a Friday release and the people making the hotfixes shouldn't have to dial in on a weekend to fix the errors that weren't found because it's two different attitudes between "for fun" and "for work" no matter how much you love your job.  JUST DON'T.  It'll wait until Monday.

• Like 2
hace 3 minutos, Xaero dijo:

Communication is needed.

Thats what most of people wants, not the update itself, but a little hint on when its coming. Just that.

• Like 2

We were just good with announcing early in the week it wasn't happening now this week nothing.  Like I know things can happen or things show up in testing that push it back but wish we had better communication on yes or no.  Like normally we would have the daily streams to update us but since they were all canceled this week we got nothing and it is frustrating and disheartening to hear nothing.  I would rather a No than radio silence. 

Like I know this is a tough spot for DE.  Release a buggy update again and people will loose their S#&$.  Take time to release a less buggy update and people are screaming for content.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Petroklos said:

And I'd rather it goes to next week rather than us getting another Update with awful first impressions.

Considering the whole update history, it's either this week with awful first impressions or the next week with awful first impressions. DE seriously lack in testing department, and that's why they should launch PTS more often.

Edited by Rann0n
  • Like 1
il y a 44 minutes, HadesGamerYT a dit :

So I suppose you know how to code, and make video games for a living right? If it was easy, it would be done, and we would have maxed the stuff already. Clearly its not coming anytime soon so just wait. That goes out to everyone complaining; just keep waiting.

Hold your horses.
I didn't complain about the DElay. I just tried to compare this update to, lets say, Railjack or even the Liches. I don't recall Jovian Concord being any buggy, which was basically the same thing as Deadlock protocol.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, dwqrf said:

Hold your horses.
I didn't complain about the DElay. I just tried to compare this update to, lets say, Railjack or even the Liches. I don't recall Jovian Concord being any buggy, which was basically the same thing as Deadlock protocol.

I didn't say you were complaining pal, but saying its easy to deploy when its not is just plain ignorant. Not only is it impressive to make a game under normal conditions, but having to do it split up from the rest of the team with limited resources requires more time. Even if it is similar to other releases, this release is during a pandemic where all ways of life have changed. So no, it is not easy, and expect it to be buggy because everything has bugs whether you notice them or not. Every update something unrelated to the new content breaks.

1 hour ago, bad4youLT said:

People need to chill and lower their expectations , DE said June that doesnt mean its this week or next , it can be any week in June .

On the Dev Stream two weeks ago, they said "this week, though probably next week." This week is the "next week" they were referring to. Chastising people for expecting DE to either deliver what they said they'd planned or announce that they won't is not justified.

• Like 2
1 minute ago, Circle_of_Psi said:

You are the second person to bring up that excuse 

So its an excuse that they have less people working on it? So its an excuse that not all of the assets are accessible from laptops? So its an excuse that the community is asking to have the update relatively on time despite them setting a buffer already? Tell me, is it an excuse that other people can't work and therefore can't pay their bills? Because really, if you think DE is using Corona as an excuse to slack off on their way of earning income then I believe you need to rethink some stuff.

• Like 1
il y a 12 minutes, HadesGamerYT a dit :

but saying its easy to deploy when its not is just plain ignorant.

It's not what I meant. I just wanted to point out : while DE generally tried hard to update early during the week, on monday, tuesday, or wednesday, to avoid being forced to work on the week end to patch critical issues ; with this kind of update, aka mainly map cosmetics, we shouldn't run into critical issues, as most of the "bugs" would be holes of some sorts, overlapping models or texture mess. Nothing that would force DE to maintain a stressed patch team during the week end. So, my point is : The update could still come today (not) or tomorow.