The Deadlock Protocol: RELEASING JUNE 11!

9 minutes ago, HadesGamerYT said:

So its an excuse that they have less people working on it? So its an excuse that not all of the assets are accessible from laptops? So its an excuse that the community is asking to have the update relatively on time despite them setting a buffer already? Tell me, is it an excuse that other people can't work and therefore can't pay their bills? Because really, if you think DE is using Corona as an excuse to slack off on their way of earning income then I believe you need to rethink some stuff.

Well few things.

1) they have the same numbers, but working for them is a bit more difficult for them, yes
2) dwqrf is absolutelly right, unless we are in for some surprise mechanic (railjack integration or squad link or anything), this update will not be as heavy on hotfixes as scarlet spear for example
3) 95 % of people here don't demand release of the update, they just want to know if it's delayed further or not. I want them to release is as late as possible, because I want it to be perfect, but before they said May, then they said one week delay. DE are almost always releasing on Thursdays, that's why people want to know, if they should wait online for the update or not.

• Like 4
3 minutes ago, Cerikus said:

Well few things.

1) they have the same numbers, but working for them is a bit more difficult for them, yes
2) dwqrf is absolutelly right, unless we are in for some surprise mechanic (railjack integration or squad link or anything), this update will not be as heavy on hotfixes as scarlet spear for example
3) 95 % of people here don't demand release of the update, they just want to know if it's delayed further or not. I want them to release is as late as possible, because I want it to be perfect, but before they said May, then they said one week delay. DE are almost always releasing on Thursdays, that's why people want to know, if they should wait online for the update or not.

1) I'm just making a point that Corona isn't an excuse.

2) Saying it's easy when its not is still incorrect. In a comparison it is similar to other updates sure, but not easy. 

3) Did you read the thread or did you skim because a LOT of people are angry that they haven't released it (yes yes communication blah blah, other than that I mean.) 

Simply put, JUST WAIT FOR IT GUYS. Play a different game until it comes out because even if its being released today (unlikely at this point) that's still time you don't need to be using to complain about there being nothing from DE about it.

• Like 2
Posted (edited)
19 minutes ago, HadesGamerYT said:

1) I'm just making a point that Corona isn't an excuse.

2) Saying it's easy when its not is still incorrect. In a comparison it is similar to other updates sure, but not easy. 

3) Did you read the thread or did you skim because a LOT of people are angry that they haven't released it (yes yes communication blah blah, other than that I mean.) 

Simply put, JUST WAIT FOR IT GUYS. Play a different game until it comes out because even if its being released today (unlikely at this point) that's still time you don't need to be using to complain about there being nothing from DE about it.

1) You are right, it's not an excuse for not keeping us updated, but DE does it anyway as is their right. 😄 I am just kidding, I know what you mean and it's ok that they are taking the time to finish it, when it's more difficult for them.
2) But dwqrf expressed that it's easy only in comparison the other updates, which you basically admit. No update is easy, but this IS easier than more difficult stuff.
3) Yes I did and I think the 95% is pretty close.. maybe 90%

I agree and I will JUST WAIT FOR IT. I have no other option.
But... If I knew if it's coming, Id be happier. That's all. And happier player is a good thing 🙂 

Edited by Cerikus
  • Like 1
Posted (edited)
36 minutes ago, Cerikus said:

2) But dwqrf expressed that it's easy only in comparison the other updates, which you basically admit. No update is easy, but this IS easier than more difficult stuff.

I don't know...

The primary kit guns are probably a big headache as they have to rework some already deeply integrated code from fortuna.

Then the removal of stasis for our pets, how are they stored now? Do we have to stim pack them every 2 days to keep them in shape?

And then the corpus rework that effects much more then gas city (jovian concord) did as it supposedly renews the ships and planets and adds brand new tilesets?

Thats a lot re-wiring here and i think its everything BUT easy.

Edited by Crossfire78
  • Like 2
Just now, DrivaMain said:

Come on DE say something. The lack of communication of will it come this week or the next irritates the player base. 

This is all the community wants is just something from DE that says is it this week or next.

• Like 2
6 minutes ago, Crossfire78 said:

I don't know...

The primary kit guns are probably a big headache as they have to rework some already deeply integrated code from fortuna.

Then the removal of stasis for our pets, how are they stored now? Do we have to stim pack them every 2 days to keep them in shape?

And then the corpus rework that effects much more then gas city (jovian concord) did as it supposedly renews the ships and planets and brand new tilesets?

Thats a lot re-wiring here and i think its everything BUT easy.

Again. Literally nobody said it is EASY. It was just expressed that this update will be probably EASIER to hotfix once it's out. Definitelly easier than scarlet spear or railjack.

Or maybe.. this opinion is wrong, bacause that's totally possible (It's just an opinion) Maybe this si the hardest update ever.

The point of no announcement still stands..

• Like 1
58 minutes ago, Cerikus said:

Again. Literally nobody said it is EASY. It was just expressed that this update will be probably EASIER to hotfix once it's out. Definitelly easier than scarlet spear or railjack.

Or maybe.. this opinion is wrong, bacause that's totally possible (It's just an opinion) Maybe this si the hardest update ever.

The point of no announcement still stands..

easy to deplay / easy to patch, that was the choice of words and I honestly just doubt that, as this update in its entirety touches a lot of deep integrated and burried code, same goes for pets plus the corpus rework on ship and planet tilesets, plus new quest, new weapons, new warframe...

I'm even inclined to agree that the "new new" stuff is probably a not so work intensive or "easier" to implement as it adds things but there is a lot more going on.

And for the lack of information, I have the feeling that there is more happeing behind the scenes then just the situation in the US and DE's support for BLM etc.

In that sense I just hope that everyone on the team is well and safe in Canada, the US and anywhere else globally.

Posted (edited)
11 minutes ago, Crossfire78 said:

easy to deplay / easy to patch, that was the choice of words and I honestly just doubt that, as this update in its entirety touches a lot of deep integrated and burried code, same goes for pets plus the corpus rework on ship and planet tilesets, plus new quest, new weapons, new warframe...

Well I think I know why we disagree. I don't deny the scale and complexity of the update. What I am saying is that since this update doesn't seem to be type of content that will break because it didn't have testcluster testing (no new networking, no new type of matchmaking, etc., no balancing issues) they will be able to release it without gamebreaking bugs, because this type of "easier" content is something they can test as much as possible on their own. I don' think there is anything in this update that cannot be debugged in a solo play. (I obviously can be totally wrong)

That is the point. It's "easier" to release in a good state. It's "easier" to hotfix it afterwards. They will release it once it's finished and that is the right thing to do. All they should do to make all the people here happy is to literally post: "not today" 😄 

11 minutes ago, Crossfire78 said:

And for the lack of information, I have the feeling that there is more happeing behind the scenes then just the situation in the US and DE's support for BLM etc.

In that sense I just hope that everyone on the team is well and safe in Canada, the US and anywhere else globally

That's possible as well. We shall see..

I hope everyone is well and safe too 🙂

Edited by Cerikus

I honestly think that there are multiple factors at play here. One might be  the current situation in the US and Canada and the effect it may have on some members of the team, but to be honest it should not be the main factor. A company cannot afford to shut down production to show solidarity how good the cause may be. I

think the more likely factor and the reason why there is no definitive answer to whether it will be postponed or not is that they simply cannot say. When they saw they couldn't reach their deadline in May they informed the playerbase as soon as that was a fact for them. Now let's say their new inernal goal was to bring it out this week, let's say today on friday. If they had announced that last week it would have meant for them to deliver which may still be possible. But if something else came along they would not be able to hold the new announced deadline thus upsetting the playerbase again. But if they keep quiet and only announce it will be postponed once they know they can't roll out for sure this week (for example towards the end of the workday) it gives them the opportunity to either deliver this week if everything works out or postpone without losing face again.

• Like 2
11 hours ago, HadesGamerYT said:

-snip-

Easy there Tiger 

They can Delay the update as much as they need to, but considering that DE are very well kown for their Delays and what not, you can see why others won't find anymore "excuses" acceptable anymore. But like I said, I'm fine with it, I've stopped careing now, but please try not to just outright attack someone because you want to defend DE. People WILL write you off as an typical WK

Same goes for the last guy you drilled into for such, that I quoted below.

11 hours ago, dwqrf said:

It's not what I meant.

15 часов назад, HadesGamerYT сказал:

not all of the assets are accessible from laptops?

iirc at some of the streams it was made clear that employees of the DE are not working on laptops at home.

15 часов назад, HadesGamerYT сказал:

if you think DE is using Corona as an excuse

i highly doubt DE actually need any excuse for delayed updates. people are just overreacting and do not learn it seems.

anyway. Bannerlord 1.4.2 hit the steam. See you all on the flipside.

• Like 1
4 hours ago, Circle_of_Psi said:

Easy there Tiger 

They can Delay the update as much as they need to, but considering that DE are very well kown for their Delays and what not, you can see why others won't find anymore "excuses" acceptable anymore. But like I said, I'm fine with it, I've stopped careing now, but please try not to just outright attack someone because you want to defend DE. People WILL write you off as an typical WK

Same goes for the last guy you drilled into for such, that I quoted below.

Last time that on gonna reply to anything at this point. Oh yeah I can tell you stopped caring by how much you keep replying to the thread. But it is funny how you don't bother to show what I've said. Anyway it's not me attacking people. You're simply being told you're wrong for saying it's easy or an excuse. But go off. I get they can delay it, no duh. I'm saying yall need to find something other than going to forums that they arent going to see anyway and posting about why theres no communication or whatever. And please tell me you arent in a timezone where you got up at 4 in the morning just to incorrectly quote me. 

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, ooodNA said:

It is weird they haven't made a "Where Is" post yet.

I think it is because they have chosen to mute their channel like gearbox did and decided to delay the update.

Edited by Godzilla853
1 minute ago, Godzilla853 said:

I think it is because they have chosen to mute their channel like gearbox did and decided to delay the update.

If so, I find it disrespectfull towards players, because they should give us at least some information. 🙂

• Like 3
6 minutes ago, Exelcto said:

If so, I find it disrespectfull towards players, because they should give us at least some information. 🙂

I understand what is going on in the world is wrong and all, but video games are made to escape the real world and have fun. Politics and what is happening in the real world do not always belong in the game.

• Like 4
Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, Godzilla853 said:

I understand what is going on in the world is wrong and all, but video games are made to escape the real world and have fun. Politics and what is happening in the real world do not always belong in the game.

Exactly.

And while I understand they maybe want to delay the update because of events in USA( or maybe it's just not ready), it doesn't change the fact that they should inform us about it( as I said many times already). Communication is key to success. ^^

Edited by Exelcto
  • Like 5
1 minute ago, Exelcto said:

Exactly.

And while I understand they maybe want to delay the update because of events in USA, it doesn't change the fact that they should inform us about it( as I said many times already). Communication is key to success. ^^

I totally agree with you

• Like 2

is actually someone watching this thread from DE? PC Gamer said 5th June, we need some clarification... is it delayed or not? anything at all on twitter or forum.. c'mon

• Like 2
Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, KinZuraky16 said:

is actually someone watching this thread from DE? PC Gamer said 5th June, we need some clarification... is it delayed or not? anything at all on twitter or forum.. c'mon

exactly i also read it there and got a little ray of light that it might release today but nope... their usual update drop time, i.e. 2AM ET, has past 37 minutes now to be precise so i guess it isnt coming which means its back to waiting in the dark again i guess. thats all we can do right now....

Edited by ZealousJayhawk
a little misspelling corrected :)
  • Like 2
19 minutes ago, KinZuraky16 said:

PC Gamer said 'aiming for the week of the 5th of June'.

Just saying.

I'm gnashing at bit as much as everyone else, but it really doesn't help anyone to get this antsy about it

• Like 1