Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Remove Railjack bounties from Nightwave

12 hours ago, PurrrningBoop said:

Steam achievements I'd wager, not something trustworthy, but at least something.

Less than trustworthy, they measure all steam accounts.

Including abandoned ones that haven't been played in years, alt accounts, bot accounts and so forth.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, bad4youLT said:

You can play rj missions even if you down own one untill you fill up your wreckege cap. 

They really should fix that.

I've been offering to run folks through RJ stuff. Go to Earth Proxima Level 1, and just faceroll everything.

14 hours ago, Avalon_Shadowcry said:

They really love forcing people to play bad game modes to progress in anything. These bounties are completely unfair to those who don't have a railjack and for those who want to avoid the horrible mode all together.

I like that they included railjack in there, but a true HIGH IQ move would be something conclave related.

One of the only good things Nightwave actually does somewhat well is getting people to play parts of the game that they otherwise wouldn't play. So having acts tied in to as many different game modes as possible makes sense. I actually think there should be even more different acts like this for other unpopular game modes, like Rathuum, or Defection. I even suggested some a while ago, but I guess DE only cares about their newest unpopular baby, and not the older ones, since they used some of my other suggestions, but not those.

I'm with you op, I like railjack, but I'm with you. They shouldn't force people do what they don't want to do. Otherwise tomorrow they will add conclave and archwing bounties to nightwave.

They should also remove all fortuna bounties from nightwave as well.

Edited by 32768

5 minutes ago, 32768 said:

I'm with you op, I like railjack, but I'm with you. They shouldn't force people do what they don't want to do. Otherwise tomorrow they will add conclave and archwing bounties to nightwave.

They should also remove all fortuna bounties from nightwave as well.

This is serious? I can't believe this is not a joke.

• Like 4

When I first heard that Railjack would be part of Nightwave I was a bit annoyed. I don't like Railjack and have been trying to force my way through it for the MR in the intrinsics. These missions that have showed up so far are super easy. I have done them all solo so far. Seeker Volley makes short work of everything. The Fortuna and Cetus missions are worst. The amount of host migration and glitching games is really bad. Again, when i remember to switch to solo I will do all of that as solo as well.

A bigger concern is that there will be at least 3 weeks between Nightwave story advancement which means DE is gearing this up to go all summer long. Enjoy the Glassmaker because it might be the only Nightwave series this year.

7 minutes ago, (PS4)theframpton5 said:

The amount of host migration and glitching games is really bad. Again, when i remember to switch to solo I will do all of that as solo as well.

You can also play around with adjusting your "Match Making Ping Limit" In Game Options a bit I lowered mine and this cleared up a significant amount of laggy games in all instances in the game for me. 

13 minutes ago, (XB1)Skippy575 said:

Skip the challenges if you don't like them. 

I don't mind any of the challenges (missions) themselves. And Railjack, unbelievably,  is way better now than what it started as. I will do all the missions no matter what they are. It would just be nice if the game play wasn't always being messed around by migration and glitches.

Maybe I will try that Magus_Tahir.

Edited by (PS4)theframpton5
misspelling
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Loza03 said:

Less than trustworthy, they measure all steam accounts.

Including abandoned ones that haven't been played in years, alt accounts, bot accounts and so forth.

Fun fact: According to Steam, I have never found or applied any mods, changed my colours, or even reached MR1.

Based on the OP reasoning all NW bounties should be removed, wait NW should just be removed.

There are people who dislike some type of game mode in this game and all game modes are covered in NW so the solution would be to remove NW from the game, 

3 minutes ago, minininja77 said:

Based on the OP reasoning all NW bounties should be removed, wait NW should just be removed.

There are people who dislike some type of game mode in this game and all game modes are covered in NW so the solution would be to remove NW from the game, 

Funny enough that's what some of us want. NW removed from the game, it's an awful system.

Or at the very least have it changed so that it isn't a limited-time based chorefest.

9 minutes ago, (PS4)reddragonhrcro said:

Funny enough that's what some of us want. NW removed from the game, it's an awful system.

Or at the very least have it changed so that it isn't a limited-time based chorefest.

If you dont like it why do you bother with it? DE is not forcing anyone to do NW the only one forcing you to do it is YOU, and hell unless you are one of those who do nothing but sit in Hydron all day everyday when you play getting 99% of NW done is pretty simple

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, minininja77 said:

If you dont like it why do you bother with it? DE is not forcing anyone to do NW the only one forcing you to do it is YOU, and hell unless you are one of those who do nothing but sit in Hydron all day everyday when you play getting 99% of NW done is pretty simple

Easy to say when it's pretty much integrated into the game like a mandatory system. But when there's umbra forma along with other stuff like cosmetics, for people like us who like to collect stuff we have to go for it.

Problem is the sense of pressure it puts on players.

2 minutes ago, (PS4)reddragonhrcro said:

Easy to say when it's pretty much integrated into the game like a mandatory system. But when there's umbra forma along with other stuff like cosmetics, for people like us who like to collect stuff we have to go for it.

Problem is the sense of pressure it puts on players.

So you are mad that just doing stuff in WF completes off some of the NW bounties? The OCD to collect everything that shows up in a game is not DE's fault they like pretty much any game company may exploit it but its not their fault you have to get all the shiny things you see

• Like 4

I agree with the prevailing sentiment on including RJ in NW - If you don't like it, don't do it.  Nobody is forcing anyone to do anything.  YOU HAVE A CHOICE!

I would be considered a novice in this game by most standards, but I'm also in my 50's (for real!) and having a lot of fun with this game!  First one of it's kind I've ever done thanks to my 25y.o. son who loves gaming and introduced me to it.  If you are looking for sympathy for a myopic view of game development, I think you'll be sorely disappointed.  I admire the DE's commitment to developing a game with such broad appeal - truly something for everyone at any/every level.  My only regret about the game is that I didn't get in on it way back in the beginning.  I would love to have Excalibur Prime!

I like the humor above from miniminja77 :

"The OCD to collect everything that shows up in a game is not DE's fault they like pretty much any game company may exploit it but its not their fault you have to get all the shiny things you see."

Got a good 😄 out of this one - Well said (in spite of the obvious grammar & punctuation issues)!  Though process is on target!

BTW - Has anyone else seen any difficulty getting Railjack mission credit to show up in Nightwave?

I've done 3 RJ missions so far (tagging along with others) and nothing is showing up in the NW Acts screen to show I'm making progress.  This is unlike all the others where a counter of "1/8" or "2/5" will show when you hover over the act.

I don't want to burn the time on 8 missions if I'm not going to get any NW credit for it!  I'd rather farm cephalite in OV and get something that will help in the long run!

8 minutes ago, DrWhitewulf said:

Got a good 😄 out of this one - Well said (in spite of the obvious grammar & punctuation issues)!  Though process is on target!

Yeah, I know my grammar is horrible, but after I had a serious head injury somethings just dont click as well as they used to

9 minutes ago, DrWhitewulf said:

BTW - Has anyone else seen any difficulty getting Railjack mission credit to show up in Nightwave?

I've done 3 RJ missions so far (tagging along with others) and nothing is showing up in the NW Acts screen to show I'm making progress.  This is unlike all the others where a counter of "1/8" or "2/5" will show when you hover over the act.

I don't want to burn the time on 8 missions if I'm not going to get any NW credit for it!  I'd rather farm cephalite in OV and get something that will help in the long run!

I have not noticed it myself but a couple of friends that I run RJ with noticed that the "use the BFG to kill a crewship" had to be them shooting it, same with yesterday's capture a ship had to be the person doing to get credit

9 hours ago, (XB1)TyeGoo said:

I rather take railjack than fishing, mining and catching animals. Note: all 3 of them have multiple layers of RNG in them.

That. Is bad game design. 

I'd be fine if they change them to just catch xx animals, mine xx amount of resources and fish xx of fish. Instead of "rare" and "perfect"

Rare fish are determined by lure, perfect catch is determined by skill. Only mining is truly RNG.

If you don't know the difference then you can't be trusted with statements about game design.

• Like 2

23 hours ago, (PS4)Lollybomb said:

Should probably delete the bounty to defeat the Hydrolyst too then.  And the Exploiter orb.  And the Profit Taker.  Wasn't the Ropalyst a bounty one time?  Remove syndicate mission bounties.

Being unwilling to do the bounty is no excuse.  Being unable?  Well in the case of Railjack you can just go on someone else's ship.

I don't like shooting headshots so remove that too please