Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Remove Railjack bounties from Nightwave

1 minute ago, (PS4)Kakurine2 said:

The seller can simply walk away.

don't you mean the buyer can walk away? fits more with my experiences w rivens.

5 minutes ago, (PS4)Kakurine2 said:

Like its entirely your choice to skip those rank points

the whole game is optional, that's still not what anyone is griping about.

1 minute ago, (PS4)Kakurine2 said:

But if you want rank 30 asap you'll do the challenges.

that's why, to some people it must feel like they're being stifled.

2 minutes ago, (PS4)Kakurine2 said:

It took me 30 mins to knock out all 3 challenges.  Wether it was fun or not isn't really important when it gives me nw ranks.

other side of the same coin. spite.

2 minutes ago, (PS4)Kakurine2 said:

Railjack is still a work in progress. Over time it will get more meat.  Warfram3 has fsults but it has changed alot over the years snd its still s fun free game.

i'll try it out in a year or so n send another review of the (whole) game, i'm actually finally warming up to some POE stuff

Lol whoops yea meant buyer. Will edit correct that.

In a haggle whoever is more desperate is at a disadvantage.  I have laughed in people faces selling rivens and walked away.

Bought rivens for cheaper then rerolled them to a better riven.  The person eho refused to haggle with me lost profits and comes back crying to me.  The potential buyer has more power typically.

16 hours ago, (PS4)Navalhabr said:

This is serious? I can't believe this is not a joke.

No, this isn't a joke. In Nightwave season 4 you will be doing Lunaro bounties. Oh look, they want you to play the game, nobody is forcing you, cry me a river, blah blah blah.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, STUVash said:

While proper in game explanation would indeed be comfortable, we were all newbies when the mode was released and we all learned about it on our own.
Just reading tips offered by the in-game interface and the description of each intrinsinc, you can get an idea of how everything works.

I never red a railjack guide and I managed to understand all of it. Just playing is enough really, it's not complex at all.

Get in the very first mission of Earth.
Pilot ship,
kill stuff,
attack crewship,
crewship is tanky and can hardly be killed.
Use brain.
Realise you should do something else with it to blow it up.
Try everything you can try.
Realise you can board the crewship with Archwing.
Kill everyone inside,
realise you can kill the pilots,
realise you can take their place and pilot the crewship.

Get out.
Realise the ship is still not blowing up.
Get back in the crewship,
check the insides.
Realise you can fire at the main structure to destroy it.
Ship blows up.

Congratz, you learned the basics from the very first mission.

---
Nigthwave railjack missions show up this week. Oh no.

Boarding a ship ? You know about it from first mission.

Destroy a crewship with Forward Artillery ? What is that ?
Is it my pilot gun ?
No it can't be since I couldn't destroy a crewship in the very first mission of railjack.
Maybe it's a weapon in the dojo ?
No....
Maybe a gunnery intrinsinc ? Oh look. There's a gunnery rank that talks about Artillery. Hmmm maybe it's that, guess we'll see when I get rank 5.

There. Just doing the VERY FIRST MISSION of Railjack you figure out how to do the Nightwave challenge, no need for wiki. What you got in-game is plenty enough if you pay attention.
But you're right it's probably too complex to anyone who never played it, not even the first mission.

You took so many lines to make your point... and it explains my point, I guess.
But thanks to reply.
Also, if you just go to the very first mission without any upgrades and squad, you can easily fail the mission.

• Like 1

On 2020-05-26 at 7:05 AM, Avalon_Shadowcry said:

They really love forcing people to play bad game modes to progress in anything. These bounties are completely unfair to those who don't have a railjack and for those who want to avoid the horrible mode all together.

You don't need to have a railjack to get those bounties. Just find 1 person who does. 

On 2020-05-26 at 6:15 AM, (PS4)Lollybomb said:

Should probably delete the bounty to defeat the Hydrolyst too then.  And the Exploiter orb.  And the Profit Taker.  Wasn't the Ropalyst a bounty one time?  Remove syndicate mission bounties.

Being unwilling to do the bounty is no excuse.  Being unable?  Well in the case of Railjack you can just go on someone else's ship.

Yes please. These all are just sucks already.

Edited by DroopingPuppy

This thread has got me just shaking my head 😄

How about we just go with something along these lines

Daily:

Weekly: 

Send 20 messages in Region Chat

Fire a primary weapon

Swing a melee weapon

Revive a companion 

Jump out of map boundary 

Stagger yourself 50 times

Elite Weekly:

Initiate a host migration

Have the highest damage done in a squad

• Like 1

14 hours ago, (XB1)TyeGoo said:

All three have mechanics that are out of my control: fishing is not guaranteed to be rewarded rare fish. It's RNG, I've wasted too many baits to be proven differently

I also mined too many hours not getting a rare drop.

And don't get me started on buggy captures which is still being complained about everywhere.

Again, too much bs out of my control.

Rare fish is not RNG. Go to the right place in the right temperature and wait (check wiki).

The Bait will help to get them faster.

Mining is SKILL and RNG. 

Echolure, watch the WIND and the SOUND and never miss the shot = PERFECT all the time.

The "dogs" will smell you. One of them (the ugly one) will hear any sound. 

Listen carefully what the Business(dude) is saying!

AH and don't bring your pets... use Sentinel!

Edited by (PS4)Navalhabr

On 2020-05-25 at 4:05 PM, Avalon_Shadowcry said:

They really love forcing people to play bad game modes to progress in anything. These bounties are completely unfair to those who don't have a railjack and for those who want to avoid the horrible mode all together.

Are you new to WF? This is kinda DE's thing.

• Like 1

Just now, (XB1)TyeGoo said:

Go to the plains RIGHT NOW and Livestream until you get rare fish! It won't happen because it doesn't exist at least on console.

Skill is irrelevant when RNG decides what drop you get with mining, please, listen to yourself.

And catching animals has still to many "uhm what, elements which ends in stuff OUT OF MY CONTROL.

On PLAINS: Look for the white bubbles on the water (check the right spot and time) 

On Orb Vallis: The Green/purple lights on the water (check the temperature and the spot)

The mining, use the FORTUNA gear. Cetus has 3 mining tools, only the LAST ONE will get rare gems.

Catching animals is 100% skill. I upgraded SOLARIS UNITED only doying that. Some dogs will give you 8000 of reputation.

Just now, (XB1)TyeGoo said:

You clearly didn't read what I wrote. I know how the game works, entirely, after living in the wiki and 5 thousand hours playtime, 9 thousand total.

Good day to you mister I can't read for Jack.

I have almost 3000 hours and i know how to fish and hunt. 

1 minute ago, (XB1)TyeGoo said:

You clearly didn't read what I wrote. I know how the game works, entirely, after living in the wiki and 5 thousand hours playtime, 9 thousand total.

Good day to you mister I can't read for Jack.

People are just trying to help you, no need to take it personal. I go to caves to fish on OV and the big lake on Plains. If there's hotspots, there is no RNG. Throw in the bait and you're done. I agree mining is a little bit annoying, but it shouldn't take you more than 10 minutes. Don't even bother playing the mini game, just blast through a bunch of them. The only annoying part of animal capture is the seemingly horrible timing of enemies showing up and ruining your hunt. This is more of a problem on Plains but I just try to double check the area is clear before using the lure. 

6 minutes ago, (XB1)TyeGoo said:

I can only share my experience, and it doesn't align with the sentiment there is no RNG. I once wasted 20 murkray baits WITHOUT A SINGLE SPAWN in hotspots.

I know how it works on paper but it DID NOT work. Hence there's a layer of RNG deciding IF you get spawns. In the plains they're not guaranteed, and that's a fact.

In another thread I proposed to change plains fishing to how orb vallis works, but that is completely missing my point.

My point is, nightwave should not rely on any kind of RNG when it comes to acts, no other acts have that.

again, let me point out that it would be just as redundant to create an act "get blind rage from orokin vaults"

Bold stuff is my point, and some try desperately to miss it.

Change acts to catch xx fish, mine xx ore or gems, capture xx animals instead of "rare" and "perfect" to be in line with all other acts

Right now, 9 min run just because i believe in you and maybe there is something wrong with the game:

4 Small

2 Larges

1 Medium

All Mukray (PS4)

5 minutes ago, (XB1)TyeGoo said:

I can only share my experience, and it doesn't align with the sentiment there is no RNG. I once wasted 20 murkray baits WITHOUT A SINGLE SPAWN in hotspots.

I know how it works on paper but it DID NOT work. Hence there's a layer of RNG deciding IF you get spawns. In the plains they're not guaranteed, and that's a fact.

In another thread I proposed to change plains fishing to how orb vallis works, but that is completely missing my point.

My point is, nightwave should not rely on RNG when it comes to acts, no other acts have that.

again, let me point out that it would be just as redundant to create an act "get blind rage from orokin vaults"

Bold stuff is my point, and some try desperately to miss it.

Change acts to catch xx fish, mine xx ore or gems, capture xx animals instead of "rare" and "perfect" to be in line with all other acts

So you'd like it changed to catching/mining/hunting a certain amount of each thing. I mean I guess that works, they are just trying to add a little bit of challenge to it by having it the way they do. I think comparing them to Orokin Vaults is a bit if a stretch though. That RNG that's totally out of your control and you are given the necessary tools and resources to complete the other tasks. And as far as the Murkray, I'll give it to you that some spots seem to be better spots than others, even when hotspots are showing. I don't bother with them for the rare fish challenge, I just catch Norgs and they show up everywhere. 

1 hour ago, (PS4)goonie4good said:

This thread has got me just shaking my head 😄

How about we just go with something along these lines

Daily:

Weekly: 

Send 20 messages in Region Chat

Fire a primary weapon

Swing a melee weapon

Revive a companion 

Jump out of map boundary 

Stagger yourself 50 times

Elite Weekly:

Initiate a host migration

Have the highest damage done in a squad

You're going to force me to take an aoe weapon, play co-op or get a companion, use a melee weapon, use a primary weapon, use the chat function, play maps with BOUNDARIES, and worst of all, LOG INTO WARFRAME? Screw you, I worked so hard to complete three planets on the starchart so I wouldn't need to log in anymore and simply use three extractors to collect resources via the warfarme app. I can't believe you're forcing this bad gameplay down our throats with such trash suggestions.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, (PS4)Kakurine2 said:

They where easy.  If anything stuff like the conservation hunts or fighting bosses locked behind rep should be removed.

Or allow folks to piggy back off someone to fight profit taker/exploiter orb.

Just jump in with a pug group if you didn't build your ship.

people can piggy back off the exploiter orb, though I suspect that is a bug since the entire rest of that series is locked behind tier 5 fortuna rep