Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Remove Railjack bounties from Nightwave

2 minutes ago, (XB1)TyeGoo said:

The current acts aren't challenge.. it's the same with the "collect 8 rare mods" it's redundant, honestly. No challenge in sight.

It's not really a stretch, it's basically what it is. I scouted out the plains often without getting rare gems, at all. Heck, I had instances where there barely were any veins in general. The game doesn't have to be perfect, but punishing you for "having bad luck" or experiencing "bugs" is wrong. The change to the acts would get rid of that completely.

Heck, make me catch 100 fish and mine 100 veins, it's still better than what we have now, hence I downright refuse to do them after failing them the previous nightwaves.

I'm not the type that enjoys when their time is wasted, and those acts feel like being programmed to waste people's time. 

Look at the new acts we had so far, no RNG, at all. And all can be done by normally playing. (I was against railjack btw, but that turned around after Scarlett spear)

Yeah I think challenge was the wrong word and yes, for most that have been playing for a little while, some of the challenges are redundant. But so is everything at that point, it just depends on what you enjoy doing in the game and some of these force you into doing stuff that you might not like or enjoy. I suggested earlier of having a pool of challenges you can pick at the beginning of each new weekly cycle where you could have a little more control over what you want to do. If you never want to mine or fish, it's your choice, choose option B from the list and you're locked into that for the week. I think most people would be fine with changing those bounties to just getting a certain amount instead of the rare requirement. Maybe 50 of each tops and something like 20 animal captures. 

• Like 1

I'd like to be able to check a box that says "don't recover this quest." Coming back from breaks, I seem to run into situations where I keep recovering the same quests that helped put me on break last time (animal captures, mining, snowboards, railjack), even though there are dozens more quests I do like that I know I missed (kill stuff, kill stuff faster, kill stuff with different stuff), which I can never reach unless I do the stuff that I don't consider Warframe (which I don't, I just go back on break).

• Like 2

There is no monetization on this video, and don't subscribe, i'm not a pro youtuber.

You don't need a railjack, you can perform well with a good ArchGun (i'm using the Imperator vandal lvl 9 - 3 forma)

This is not a guide, but if you are a beginner, you can learn by watching.

0:00: using Seeker volley
2:28: Not using seeker volley
6:34: Archwing, not using abilities
13:43: Archwing, using Amesha abilities
17:46: Gear and builds

On 2020-05-25 at 5:05 PM, Avalon_Shadowcry said:

They really love forcing people to play bad game modes to progress in anything. These bounties are completely unfair to those who don't have a railjack and for those who want to avoid the horrible mode all together.

Then don’t, Or suffer. If your too lazy or don’t feel like doing something then don’t. But also know you lost your rights to complain. You can’t complain about something just because YOU don’t want to do it because it too much effort to spend 30 mins on rj. It’s basically free standing.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Xylena_Lazarow said:

I'd like to be able to check a box that says "don't recover this quest." Coming back from breaks, I seem to run into situations where I keep recovering the same quests that helped put me on break last time (animal captures, mining, snowboards, railjack), even though there are dozens more quests I do like that I know I missed (kill stuff, kill stuff faster, kill stuff with different stuff), which I can never reach unless I do the stuff that I don't consider Warframe (which I don't, I just go back on break).

Nice idea. They should make "discard" button on bounties and ideally replace discarded bounty with another bounty of the same rep value, so peeps can have some choice on how to do Nightwave this week.

I had this problem too: i skip some bounty (e.g. ideal captures), then do all bounties next week and that stupid ideal captures recover itself because of catch up. The only way to discard it is to wait for a week when this bounty repeats, then another bounty is recovered. This is mildly annoying and clogs the catch up queue too.

• Like 2

While we're on the topic I really don't like farming Eidolons, because everything about them is bad.  Can I have free Arcanes now please?

You may feel Railjack is a bad mode and wish to avoid it altogether, but some of us quite enjoy and have put the effort in to it in hopes that it might pay off later (oh look!).

Also, in what way are you FORCED to do it?  If you don't want to you'll just miss out on some Glassmaker rep, which (based on the current event progression) should not be overly difficult to acquire.

I do love Warframe, but there are parts of the game I've not really had the full benefit of because the time and effort required to complete/master/rep-farm/etc. just wasn't worth the pain.  That's a choice, it would be wrong of me to inflict it on others.

It isn't that hard...I finished the 8 railjack missions in under 20 minutes in the first mission on earth.  Granted I have seeker volley, however, even without that it would be trivial to complete.  Took me under 3 hours to finish the weeklies this week.  Once you get to rank 30 you don't have to do anything nightwave related for months usually or you can finish by the end of series 3 going at a leisurely pace and only doing the challenges that take very little time to do or you enjoy doing them.  

2 hours ago, (XB1)COA Altair said:

It isn't that hard

Neither is washing the dishes, taking out the trash, mowing the lawn... maybe we should add these to Nightchores?

3 hours ago, 32768 said:

They should make "discard" button on bounties and ideally replace discarded bounty with another bounty of the same rep value, so peeps can have some choice on how to do Nightwave this week.

This would be great. People who enjoy minigames can still progress Nightwash doing them, the rest of us can discard them for core gameplay challenges.

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, Xylena_Lazarow said:

Neither is washing the dishes, taking out the trash, mowing the lawn... maybe we should add these to Nightchores?

Only if DE adds Lawnmower Umbra and such first, so these Nightwave challenges would automatically complete themselves. :D

To those who critique others based on your own opinions which may not be shared, take a long, hard look at yourself first. Your opinion is as valid as anyone else - and hence don't put people down.

If exclusivity matters so much to you in a PvE game, do consider if this is the right game for you, before critiquing others who do not enjoy being pressured to play certain game modes. The fact that you enjoy them does not give you the right to put the other person down. There has been no comment from DE on how long this NW will last, so the concerns of people being forced to play certain game modes is not invalid. 

You can share your own opinion, but not at the expense of putting someone down, either implicitly or explicitly.

This applies to RL as well, not just in this game.

• Like 3

On 2020-05-25 at 5:05 PM, Avalon_Shadowcry said:

They really love forcing people to play bad game modes to progress in anything. These bounties are completely unfair to those who don't have a railjack and for those who want to avoid the horrible mode all together.

Conform...I want more nuanced tasks

i disagree on this one tbh

i never enjoyed RJ much, but i did A LOT of those missions to farm intrinsics ( since i didnt abuse the ivara thing ), i reached 10 9 9 10 with normal missions and it was terrible

i wouldve never tried RJ after all this, but because of the nighwave challenge, i did some missions with the new rework and it was quite great

the movement is better, the missions go faster, the weapons feel better, overall it was fun

nightwave got me into trying a mode i wouldve probably ignore for a long future period

• Like 3

On 2020-05-26 at 12:13 AM, Katinka said:

Damn them for wanting us to play the game!  *Shakes fist*  It'd almost make you think Nightwave's raison d'etre is to encourage people to vary their day-to-day gameplay experience.

They shouldn't have put Railjack in Nightwave without the command intrinsic.

• Like 2

il y a 42 minutes, Strahdcrown a dit :

UP! REMOVE IT! I HATE RAILJACK! ITS BORING. MOST OF THE TIME THE CREW IS REPAIRING THE STUPID SHIP! MOST BORING GAME MODE EVER! #*!%N WASTE OF TIME!

You okay man ?

• Like 1