Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Scott said they'll buff final intristic tiers to be more rewarding and worth the value

Deshiel

I actualy have no issue with tactical, piloting and engineering tiers, but gunnery tiers bug me a lot.

I think the new rendition should focus more on the forward artillery. in not just making it charge faster but also at rank 10 it should grant the ability to fire it from the pilot seat

• Like 3

One of the upper gunnery tiers should make Cy actually help with target tracking.  Make it so you just have to keep the lead indicator within the brackets to score hits.  At least then there will be a point to having a super advanced AI on the ship other than it just constantly yelling at us.  "We are burning."  "Optimists inbound." "Looks like we kicked the nest."  Can it, Cy.

Of course, they should also fix the lead indicator.  It seems to be quite a ways off these days for anything other than short to medium range.

• Like 7

That'd be so much better than switching from pilot to gun to pilot and adjusting if the blasted CS moved before you got a shot off.

But I suspect that won't happen because they wanted Railjack to be co-op mainly. With recent changes to RJ though, we can do it solo. I prefer solo honestly. Don't have to put up with someone taking my pilot or grabbing up the side guns and wasting my flux doing who knows what.

Tactical is great at 10, but just to Warp to any crewmember is very underwhelming for so many intrinsic points to reach that rank.

Piloting 10 is ok, but it could be coupled with a longer boost bar to go with "Ramming Speed"

Engineer 10 is perfect the way it is.

2 minutes ago, Alcatraz said:

That'd be so much better than switching from pilot to gun to pilot and adjusting if the blasted CS moved before you got a shot off.

But I suspect that won't happen because they wanted Railjack to be co-op mainly. With recent changes to RJ though, we can do it solo. I prefer solo honestly. Don't have to put up with someone taking my pilot or grabbing up the side guns and wasting my flux doing who knows what.

Tactical is great at 10, but just to Warp to any crewmember is very underwhelming for so many intrinsic points to reach that rank.

Piloting 10 is ok, but it could be coupled with a longer boost bar to go with "Ramming Speed"

Engineer 10 is perfect the way it is.

Whatever they intended at launch is outdated and no longer what they're after because you can now pretty much solo every proxima and forward artillery is the least used device in the railjack game due to its triffling  requirements to utilise.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, gamer4ever27 said:

I actually like the gunnery perk as it is, so i hope it stays somehow as maybe a toggle

Why? it doesn't last long enough to be worth using and it's counterproductive when it only works with projectile firing weapons, but you need to aim ahead to land the projectiles so you don't actually want to be target locked. Even on the best case scenario, it should have been an early rank passive, and not even then it would be worth it.

Gunnery effecting forward artillery more would be nice, extra dmg, faster charge up time, shield bypass something along those lines would be nice, or even something simple like being able to use the forward artillery without having to leave the pilot seat

• Like 2

I use the Amesha Archwing a lot and typically go outside the Railjack to mass slow all the ships. I noticed my reticule in Archwing isn't correct on slowed ships. I don't have Gunnery 10, does this mess up Gunnery 10's targetting?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Teksorbkyva said:

Any upgrades to the rank 10 intrinsics are a thumbs up from me. As a mainly solo player, the only one I feel is worth it right now is the remote repair function under Engineering.

And even that one is kinda useless. If you're at a point of having rank 10 intrinsics, you probably already have a beefy ship that tanks damage and not getting catastrophic failure, kills fast enough to never get boarded (or barely) and can afford to ignore hazards because you already tank stuff and regen it up inbetween fight/crewship spawns. Maybe if we had remote forging instead.

9 minutes ago, (PS4)lumen2ne1 said:

And even that one is kinda useless. If you're at a point of having rank 10 intrinsics, you probably already have a beefy ship that tanks damage and not getting catastrophic failure, kills fast enough to never get boarded (or barely) and can afford to ignore hazards because you already tank stuff and regen it up inbetween fight/crewship spawns. Maybe if we had remote forging instead.

Very true. I'd appreciate remote forging more as a solo player. It'd save a lot more time imo.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, (XB1)ALTBOULI said:

Gunnery effecting forward artillery more would be nice, extra dmg, faster charge up time, shield bypass something along those lines would be nice, or even something simple like being able to use the forward artillery without having to leave the pilot seat

Yes please.. I do more solo runs than having a crew on board, I can control fires and move quickly through the ship with tactical menu, the best thing for me would be the ability to fire the FA from the pilot chair, and maybe remote forging?

34 minutes ago, Saberfrost said:

It'll be nerfs they call buffs.

They already made Railjacks significantly slower lol

They shifted it. They slowed us down but also made us not to move around as much so it doesn't matter, it was more of a benefit than a loss.

44 minutes ago, Saberfrost said:

It'll be nerfs they call buffs.

They already made Railjacks significantly slower lol

Highly recommend getting the cruising speed mod, that is huge quality of life improvement in terms of maneuverability. Still not as fast as we used to be at maxed boost but not far off and it's a pretty consistent speed without a cooldown

1 hour ago, (PS4)Lollybomb said:

Of course, they should also fix the lead indicator.  It seems to be quite a ways off these days for anything other than short to medium range.

The thing about the lead indicator is that it assumes the enemy will continue moving in a straight line. It's a tangential vector, rather than a predictive algorithm

4 hours ago, (PS4)lumen2ne1 said:

Why? it doesn't last long enough to be worth using and it's counterproductive when it only works with projectile firing weapons, but you need to aim ahead to land the projectiles so you don't actually want to be target locked. Even on the best case scenario, it should have been an early rank passive, and not even then it would be worth it.

It last long enough for the purpose it serves. Despite what everyone wants it to be, it's not a lock on. I seem to be one of the rare few, if any that looked at the skill description and immediately understood what it does and how it works and was excited for it and made it my first r10 perk. When I saw people complain about it and videos of it, I was confused, it functioned exactly how I assumed it would and made me even more eager to get it, but people hated it, until I realized people somehow misunderstood what the skill is. Could it be a lower rank, sure. but I'd be greatly disappointed if it got removed.

Yes, for weapons with travel time, you need to aim ahead of the target, at the lead indicator, the R10 skill does exactly that, it's snaps, not locks, the aim to the indicator, it's literally a form of Aim Assist or what ever it's called in FPS/TPS games that you can snap your aim on a target if it's close to your reticle, it's usually optional though since it aims at the body. also, The skill does work on the hitscan RJ weapons, at least the pulsars, haven't tried the laser ones, the aim actually snaps to the enemy ship directly, still, not a lock on.

Actually, the only annoying issue I've had with the R10 perk is that the lead shots completely miss occasionally when they should hit, but I don't have to deal with that anymore since I've been using tether.

Or...... adding more levels after 10 for 1024 int and so on... better than already reworking born-dead content but adding more to work for.

I'm sick of gaining no intrinsics or something as replacement with the xp cap. Once the ship has maxed components, replayability is non existant.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, TARINunit9 said:

The thing about the lead indicator is that it assumes the enemy will continue moving in a straight line. It's a tangential vector, rather than a predictive algorithm

It's not even that.  Recently I often have to aim significantly ahead of the indicator to hit a target moving in a straight line.  Nothing about my weapons have changed to account for this.  If I aim directly at the indicator I'll often miss, but if I lead the lead indicator I'll start scoring hits again.