Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What to use to make Tennogen Equipment?

On 2020-05-26 at 8:14 AM, Vulbjorn said:

I personally use Blender for rendering/rigging/low poly fixes and unwrap, Substance Painter for texturing, Zbrush for sculpting and retopo. It's advisable to also get topogun for retopology.

Ok so I'm super new to this and I've got a high poly model sculpted in zbrush, what exactly would my next step be?

On 2020-06-02 at 4:45 AM, (PS4)Shadow_Of_Hunhow said:

Ok so I'm super new to this and I've got a high poly model sculpted in zbrush, what exactly would my next step be?

Your next step would be retopology and unwrapping your model, before texturing it.

On 2020-06-04 at 12:41 AM, (PS4)Shadow_Of_Hunhow said:

Ok, and I see you said that you can use zbrush for the retopology, is there an unrwapping ability for zbrush as well or do I gotta go over to blender for that?

I suggest using Blender for that, since Zbrush's auto-UV is quite horrendous in my opinion.

As for retopology I agree w/ what Vulbjorn said, you can definitely retopo in Zbrush; the only problem is that it's quite difficult to do vs topogun/blender/maya's retopology.which are more streamlined in my opinion.

I usually decimate the hi-poly mesh into a respectable topo count(like 20k or so) so my PC doesn't explode when I import it into Maya for retopo

Edited by IncandescencentGlow

1 hour ago, IncandescencentGlow said:

I suggest using Blender for that, since Zbrush's auto-UV is quite horrendous in my opinion.

As for retopology I agree w/ what Vulbjorn said, you can definitely retopo in Zbrush; the only problem is that it's quite difficult to do vs topogun/blender/maya's retopology.which are more streamlined in my opinion.

I usually decimate the hi-poly mesh into a respectable topo count(like 20k or so) so my PC doesn't explode when I import it into Maya for retopo

That makes sense, however I'm stuck now because idk how to do the retopo because the tutorial I was following by hydroxate  goes over to topogun and I'm gonna be using blender 😂

Le 05/06/2020 à 11:33, (PS4)Shadow_Of_Hunhow a dit :

That makes sense, however I'm stuck now because idk how to do the retopo because the tutorial I was following by hydroxate  goes over to topogun and I'm gonna be using blender 😂

There is an important thing to keep in mind when learning for Tennogen :
Exept for the tint texture which is specifically build for Warframe, all creation process is just the same general process as most of 3D stuff. This mean you can follow every tutorial covering sculpting/modeling, retopology, UV and texture for the software you're using even if it's not related to warframe.

Also, even if Hydroxate tutorial are good, they only cover the basis and a few warframe specific things, so you will be more likely to learn useful things and understand how they work with more general tutorial about specific tasks on that software rather than warframe specific tutorials.

10 hours ago, lukinu_u said:

There is an important thing to keep in mind when learning for Tennogen :
Exept for the tint texture which is specifically build for Warframe, all creation process is just the same general process as most of 3D stuff. This mean you can follow every tutorial covering sculpting/modeling, retopology, UV and texture for the software you're using even if it's not related to warframe.

Also, even if Hydroxate tutorial are good, they only cover the basis and a few warframe specific things, so you will be more likely to learn useful things and understand how they work with more general tutorial about specific tasks on that software rather than warframe specific tutorials.

That is good to know, I mainly was learning all this specifically for tennogen to start so I wanted to make sure I was first learning it in the most direct context I can. That being said, I've started figuring out retopo, but I don't know if what I have is ok or not. All the ones I could see in examples all the quads are parallel and almost all the same size, is that what the end goal is?

Il y a 10 heures, (PS4)Shadow_Of_Hunhow a dit :

That is good to know, I mainly was learning all this specifically for tennogen to start so I wanted to make sure I was first learning it in the most direct context I can. That being said, I've started figuring out retopo, but I don't know if what I have is ok or not. All the ones I could see in examples all the quads are parallel and almost all the same size, is that what the end goal is?

It depends on what the final model is for.
If your final model is meant to be animated (bent, stretched, etc...), you to prepare your geometry for that animation, in most of case with even quads. However, if your final model will be static (like warframe helmets), you really don't care about the geometry as long as the shape looks good.

12 hours ago, lukinu_u said:

It depends on what the final model is for.
If your final model is meant to be animated (bent, stretched, etc...), you to prepare your geometry for that animation, in most of case with even quads. However, if your final model will be static (like warframe helmets), you really don't care about the geometry as long as the shape looks good.

That makes sense, I have been seeing a lot of that in regards to syandana and stuff so I didn't know if that's required for all of this! Now for the uv unwrapping, which I have looked at for all of 5 minutes before I felt my brain melting 🤣