Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warframe VS Warhammer 40k

peq42

I know this has been discussed in the past, but with the changes over the years(on warframe's side for example: we now have Warframes with access to the Adaptation mod and Battle ships like Railjack, the quills who can see the future,etc), the original topics wont do justice to both sides.

So, scenario: Full out war. All the factions of Warframe VS all the factions from Warhammer 40k. Both sides have every weapon, skill, power,etc at their disposal as they would be within their respective games. There are battles happening on both space and on planets. Who do you think would win, how and/or why?

24 minutes ago, PurrrningBoop said:

A solar system against a galaxy, how do you think?

well, two considering that the Sentient took over Tau.

But you gotta consider this: Each Tenno is basically a living god, as powerful as some of the most powerful entities in Warhammer 40k, and there are 20 million+ of us(since each player is, canonically, a tenno).

We would have at our side self replicating living machines who also are extremely powerful and nearly wiped out an entire multiplanet empire(sentients), a race of trillions of biologically engineered super soldiers(grineer), a super advanced technologically race who are capable of creating robots as powerful as sentients and eidolons(Corpus), a group of people capable of seeing the future(Quills), a living desease who can turn the enemies, their ships and their machines into our allies(infested), super advanced AI/another type of living machines(Cephalons), a nearly infinite amount of specters,etc.

For space specifically: We've formorians, which are heavily protected ships capable of destroying entire fleets of ships in one go, the railjack which are super versitile, Murex which can deploy thousands of Condrix and easilly take over even a whole planet,etc

Infested might stand a chance, at least against the more 'physical' side of the spectrum. Probably not, like, the forces of Chaos, but if they managed to take a couple space marines by surprise and get their Geneseed, it might work out, since once they infect one or two people, they can start replicating en-masse from material. A lot going against them though, they'd need to be in a place where Space Marines are going to go, but not constantly be examining (otherwise they'd get found out), and not in an active warzone in order to get a foothold without being caught in the considerable crossfire. They'd need at least one hive planet, preferably multiple, with at least one main hive being transient, since Exterminatus is a thing, and if their controlled planet number is too small or easily found, they're just going to get blown up. They'd need to hit a Tyrannid point where they're spreading faster than they can be purged, and the Infested are, unfortunately, not that fast-spreading. I mean, it took them a couple years to fully infest one planet, and they have not had much luck with the rest. Granted, that's with constant containment, but we can assume something similar from Warhammer.

If, and only if that happens, then the Infested could wind up a major player. Bigger than the Tyrannids even, since they infect at the molecular level, and I think that's a bit more than the Tyrannids. There's probably something else that does though, and of course - forces of chaos. They'd probably wind up under Nurgle sooner or later.

Tenno as-are don't stand a chance, because whilst we're really powerful, we're talking some pretty obscene amounts of firepower here. And our numbers aren't great. If we were to really start stretching though, and make some assumptions, we might start having a chance - Tenno have indicated that their is no range limit on their transference (since they could act on other star systems from Lua without any kind of delay), and that they do not need to be physically present to use some of their powers (we see this with transcendence). We also know that transference doesn't necessarily need a host that's 100% engineered for it, since Silvana was able to engage transference with, like, some seeds - I'm discounting the Golden Maw because that was a dream sequence. We also know that, with innate transference, we can also force that.

IF the Tenno Operators were able to push their abilities to the hypothetical extreme (i.e. able to send their will to any location with no range limit or time delay, and activate any of their abilities wherever their attention currently is), then they might be able to be more than a major player, they possibly could act as a big league. Because, boy, do they actually have some doozies - chronokinesis, pyrokinesis, physics control - they're basically reality manipulators, and technically can derive as much energy as they want from the void. And they'd be extremely decentralised and nearly impossible to find, whilst also able to find things really easily.

Sentients, they lack the mobility, and the ability to gain it. It's indicated that part of their 'subvert technology' capability comes from being made from Orokin tech, which means they wouldn't be able to subvert Warhammer tech - and that severely limits their capabilities. Plus, they can be destroyed, or at least incapacitated, with enough firepower, and as staed, there is quite a lot of firepower in the Warhammer universe. They might be able to chase off some factions, but they're best case scenario is surviving, not being a major player.

I'm not even going to question the Grineer or Corpus, they don't even last a few minutes.

In summary - Infested stand the best shot, but have a lot of conditions to success and still aren't top of the food chain. Tenno with some Homebrew could get some work done, but in their current state just aren't equpped. Sentients potentially can survive longer than most. The rest get stomped.

53 минуты назад, elpeleq42 сказал:

We've formorians,

Which are not capable of FTL travel. Grineer, overall are meat for everyone with the exception of penal legions of Astra Millitarum.

and there are 20 million+ of us(since each player is, canonically, a tenno).

Citation needed. 

,a super advanced technologically race who are capable of creating robots as powerful as sentients and eidolons(Corpus

Imperial knights and titans come to mind. Each faction in 40k has something huge.

group of people capable of seeing the future(Quills

entire fleets of ships in one go

All kinds of psykers, including the one's that can see into the future.

living desease who can turn the enemies, their ships and their machines into our allies(infested)

Tyranids?

super advanced AI/another type of living machines(Cephalons),

What about them? Dramatic abominable intelligence that isn't even allowed to pilot a ship.

All in all, due to the scale of 40k, we wouldn't be able to hold against Tau. May we could win some guerilla type  engagements, but that's it.

But that's just my view.

P.S. Sorry for the formatting, will fix it when time allows.

8 minutes ago, Loza03 said:

I'm not even going to question the Grineer or Corpus, they don't even last a few minutes.

People really dont give those two factions the credit they deserve.

Grineers have the numbers that no other faction has on warframe and are extremely capable builders. Without the Tenno stopping them, Tyl Regor could easily finish his research and not only put a stop to grineer decay but also make basically all their units even stronger than they currently are. On top of that, grineer have access to Kuva, which makes certain units basically as powerful as warframes(immortality included) and allow their queens to come back to life.

The corpus have many robot production facilities, some that could even mass produce boss level enemies. They've access to extremely advanced technology(like long distance teleportation they use to deploy units in fortuna and for interplanetary travel) and can create things like orbit exploiter and the profit taker who are basically as powerful as eidolons. They've also recently found ways to upgrade the power of their units with the amalgan project.

but enough of me defending warframe. I'm curious to learn about what Warhammer 40k would have

9 minutes ago, elpeleq42 said:

Grineers have the numbers that no other faction has on warframe and are extremely capable builders. Without the Tenno stopping them, Tyl Regor could easily finish his research and not only put a stop to grineer decay but also make basically all their units even stronger than they currently are. On top of that, grineer have access to Kuva, which makes certain units basically as powerful as warframes(immortality included) and allow their queens to come back to life.

"We Grineer are millions strong" A quote from Vor.

Millions. As a species. 

Of note, this puts into perspective just how destructive the collapse of the Orokin was. We went from multiple planets and moons worth of habitable area, plus several space and void colonies, likely sustaining hundreds of billions of lives - perhaps even trillions - to one of the largest factions being able to fit onto a single continent if they tried.

On that note, the Imperium of Man in Warhammer is sitting cool at four quadrillion at a conservative guess, and most population estimates don't take into account, like, refugees and people off the radar.

13 minutes ago, elpeleq42 said:

The corpus have many robot production facilities, some that could even mass produce boss level enemies. They've access to extremely advanced technology(like long distance teleportation they use to deploy units in fortuna and for interplanetary travel) and can create things like orbit exploiter and the profit taker who are basically as powerful as eidolons. They've also recently found ways to upgrade the power of their units with the amalgan project.

Warhammer has also got teleportation, and has groups that can wipe out planets with ease. It's just not a fair fight.

I've seen someone compare Grineer and Orks on Twitter.

Orks would win hands down. Grineer are cool and all... no doubt about that.

But I 've rad about the way Orks fight in the wh40k books. These sh**s don't give up... even if you rip off his arm with a Miter, from afar. The Ork isn't even going to notice! He'll just keep killing what's in his way. Arms gone or not.

The Tenno might stand a chance against a bunch of space marines though..... depends. Once the Adeptus Mechanicus and it's Titans arrive, the Tenno are screwed.

The Corpus? Oh c'mon... I don't even understand how they can stand up against the Grineer to begin with.

All the Corpus are good at are Robotics. Most of them too small to pose a threat to.... let's say a Dreadnaught.

And don't get me started on Chaos.

1:0 For Wh40k. (Srsly.... they... nuke entire planets to bits.)

being honest i could see the imperium of man becoming friendly with the Tenno  they are humans just enhanced a little not to unlike the Primarchs. It would not be a stretch for the Emperor to keep the Tenno safe on the throne world and send out the warframes to do his dirtywork and the best part these Tenno work for shiny trinkets. 

On 2020-05-30 at 2:09 PM, WEREsandrock said:

I've seen someone compare Grineer and Orks on Twitter.

Orks would win hands down. Grineer are cool and all... no doubt about that.

But I 've rad about the way Orks fight in the wh40k books. These sh**s don't give up... even if you rip off his arm with a Miter, from afar. The Ork isn't even going to notice! He'll just keep killing what's in his way. Arms gone or not.

The Tenno might stand a chance against a bunch of space marines though..... depends. Once the Adeptus Mechanicus and it's Titans arrive, the Tenno are screwed.

The Corpus? Oh c'mon... I don't even understand how they can stand up against the Grineer to begin with.

All the Corpus are good at are Robotics. Most of them too small to pose a threat to.... let's say a Dreadnaught.

And don't get me started on Chaos.

1:0 For Wh40k. (Srsly.... they... nuke entire planets to bits.)

I google those titans and it seems most of them are between 15 and 60 meters, and thats basically the same size of an eidolon(whose even I can solo using chroma, Rhino or valkyr given enough time).

Considering Grineers have most their limbs replaced with robotic parts, I dont think they would mind losing those either. Also you gotta remember, grineers have heavy weaponry(snipers, flamethrowers, rocket launchers, machineguns, high caliber rifles), mindless mutant mass murderers(Ghouls), Tusks and literal fabrics for mass producing all of them.

Most of the corpus robots may not be as strong as a Dreadnaught, but they are definitely faster. Also easily strong enough so 4 of them(say, hyena pack) could easily destroy multiple of those. Dont forget that, if not for the tenno, the corpus would have mass produced all of their boss-level robots and could have taken over the solar system. Also I believe the new Jackal, the Razorback and maybe even the Ambulas due to its adaptive nature could 1v1 Dreadnaughts too.

About the Exterminatus: well probably there wouldn't be much that could be done besides fighting off the ships using Formorians and such, but we know all planets of the origin system have an orokin planetary deffensive system which is currently offline(it has been shown during the first trailers/videos of railjack and can still be seen on missions I believe) + the ship destroyer cannons the grineer created so maybe those could defend the planets.

Also, we do have faster than light travel. Just look at how Railjacks can basically jump from one planet to another in seconds without using any external help(such as solar rail)

On 2020-05-30 at 2:00 PM, Follordark said:

1. Warframe has no things that can accomplish FTL travel as fast as the imprium

Only point I want to contend - fast isn't the problem.

Range is.

As far as we can tell, void travel is extremely fast. A punch to a different star system (likely Tau, having likely got there to activate their end of the Rail via more conventional means) was a matter of seconds, whilst Warp travel varies greatly, between days and weeks. Granted, that's a 100 light year jump - Tau is only seven light years - but still, that's a hell of a lot faster. Plus there's a start-up time in real-space for Warp Travel - another several weeks. Void Travel has no such limitations.

The main problem with Void Travel is range. Or, rather, that it only works within developed space. You need a Solar Rail, likely both at the point of Origin and exit (at least for longer, inter-planetary jumps), unless you're lucky enough to have a Reliquary drive - and even then, the range is short. Likely, short-range jumps are possible (hence how Grineer ships can punch in to Railjack missions).

As evidenced by the Zariman, a long-distance jump without proper solar rail infrastructure will wind up with you lost in the void.

40K Warp Travel, meanwhile, can actually be used with any practicality between star systems.

1 час назад, elpeleq42 сказал:

(whose even I can solo using chroma, Rhino or valkyr given enough time).

Mixing lore and game mechanics isn't a good idea tbh. Otherwise, my argument would be that in Soulstorm Titanium mod, Imperial Guard can destroy 1k+ Tyranids in 20 or so minutes without loosing a single unit (and that's baby numbers).

The issue with W40k against Warframe is the Warhammer's scale, variety and it's blatant disregard for loss of life. Google, say Sabbat Crusade, Siege of Vraks and compare them to War of the Beast and Battle of Beta-Garmon. - any conflict in Warframe kinda pales in comparisson, apart from Sentient invasion during the Orokin rule (maybe, somewhat).

If you're interested, I'd like to suggest looking up 40k Theories and Luetin09 on YT in regards to W40k lore.

Ive never liked wh. 

Partly because i dont like rts games. Partly because i dont like 7 hr long lore nerdouts in council chat when im trying to talk about warframe. 

That said i bought the wh fps coop game that was on sale for 10.00.

I wish i hadnt. Clunky bout sums it up. 

Just now, Hawk1911 said:

Then please enlighten me, prove beyond a shadow of a doubt that any faction would lose a fight with any faction of 40k.

I already talked about how there is the faintest glimmer of a chance for the infested to win with at least the more martial races of 40K. If the stars aligned for them just right. And even in that perfect, 1/100000 chance, then they still lose to the forces of Chaos, because Papa Nurgle exists, and they're a disease. Go read my first post here for my reasoning.

It isn't much, but it is a ghost of a possibility that the Infested might win against some factions. Which is the bare minimum here.

3 minutes ago, Hawk1911 said:

Then please enlighten me, prove beyond a shadow of a doubt that any faction would lose a fight with any faction of 40k.

lose or win win the infested could on right conditions as the time of conversion is related with the size and can infect machines the corpus are incredibly good at reverse engeniering grineer are like the krigs if they can make more cloning factorys they can basically turn into orks on terms of reproduction sentients on right conditions can develop imunnit to the most powerful weapons of each faction or ise mimics to manipulate on the shadow so they can turn into a powerful force before being spoted the tenno only problem is numbers a theu are powerful as a space marine  psycher but they are less common than them is 41st mileniun is difficult but a good strategy and you can prolong you're existence 

Actually - I'd like to amend my original point. The infested DO  have a winning match-up: the Tyranids. And from there, they could actually win out.

Simply put, here's the logic. The Infested... well, infest on the molecular level. In practice, they're more like Grey Goo than a zombie plague. And the Tyranids, of course, go about their business by eating things. And there's the critical point - they consume biomass. The infested aren't bio, at least not properly. There is a substantially non-zero chance that any time a Tyranid tries to eat an infested, it itself becomes infested, because its digestive system and immune system simply aren't capable of dealing with the very matter their cells are made of being turned against them. You can't be immune to that, unless you're either already made of the stuff, the matter you're made of is designed to constantly re-manipulate itself or you periodically cease to be made of matter to convert. In other words - Warframes, possibly Kavats, Sentients and Operators. Tyranids don't have any of those luxuries.

As such, the Tyranid's attempts to consume whatever planet the Infestation has taken root on would cause them to be devoured instead from the inside out - literally. If they can get onto the hive ship, then they now have the ability to spread on a galactic, or even universal scale safely, since the Tyranids are extragalactic.

The Infested battle plan, therefore, goes something like this:

Step 1: suddenly appear on a planet for this fight to actually start.

Step 2: Pray that the Tyranids find them first.

Step 3: Infest the Tyranids and manage to get to their hive ship

Step 4: Infest as many planets as possible before all numerous races capable of completely annihilating planets find them.

Step 5: On these infested worlds, reproduce hive ships of their own - this is something they can do, they are able to replicate anything they have consumed.

Step 6: upon reaching critical mass (the rate of infection being higher than the rate of Exterminatus and equivilants), repeat as appropriate. Infest everything.

Step 7: Pray that the Tyranids weren't actually running away from anything.

Step 7 (Alternate): Become enslaved to Chaos anyway, because Papa Nurgle exists and they're a disease.

10 minutes ago, Loza03 said:

Actually - I'd like to amend my original point. The infested DO  have a winning match-up: the Tyranids. And from there, they could actually win out.

Simply put, here's the logic. The Infested... well, infest on the molecular level. In practice, they're more like Grey Goo than a zombie plague. And the Tyranids, of course, go about their business by eating things. And there's the critical point - they consume biomass. The infested aren't bio, at least not properly. There is a substantially non-zero chance that any time a Tyranid tries to eat an infested, it itself becomes infested, because its digestive system and immune system simply aren't capable of dealing with the very matter their cells are made of being turned against them. You can't be immune to that, unless you're either already made of the stuff, the matter you're made of is designed to constantly re-manipulate itself or you periodically cease to be made of matter to convert. In other words - Warframes, possibly Kavats, Sentients and Operators. Tyranids don't have any of those luxuries.

As such, the Tyranid's attempts to consume whatever planet the Infestation has taken root on would cause them to be devoured instead from the inside out - literally. If they can get onto the hive ship, then they now have the ability to spread on a galactic, or even universal scale safely, since the Tyranids are extragalactic.

The Infested battle plan, therefore, goes something like this:

Step 1: suddenly appear on a planet for this fight to actually start.

Step 2: Pray that the Tyranids find them first.

Step 3: Infest the Tyranids and manage to get to their hive ship

Step 4: Infest as many planets as possible before all numerous races capable of completely annihilating planets find them.

Step 5: On these infested worlds, reproduce hive ships of their own - this is something they can do, they are able to replicate anything they have consumed.

Step 6: upon reaching critical mass (the rate of infection being higher than the rate of Exterminatus and equivilants), repeat as appropriate. Infest everything.

Step 7: Pray that the Tyranids weren't actually running away from anything.

Step 7 (Alternate): Become enslaved to Chaos anyway, because Papa Nurgle exists and they're a disease.

if they don't count as desease as they exist like the tyrannids 

Archived