Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

hefirey

oberon rework suggestion

ability 1 roots-entangle enemies that slow them down the more they move until the are immobile. if roots is used in combination with hallowed ground the roots will spread throughout the hallowed ground -augment: thorns: roots now deal damage as the enemies are caught dealing higher amounts of damage the more they move. double damage when used with hallowed ground.

Ability 2 same augment enemies killed while affected by hallowed ground give armour bonus that has unlimited stacks but ends after hallowed ground ends.

ability 3 same

ability 4 summons a tree that absorbs incoming damage and redirects the damage with exploding seeds, if planted on hallowed ground range is increased by the area of the hallowed ground augment: tree takes the damage allies would receive if allies are standing on hallowed ground

Sorry kiddo, but i prefer my 300% radiation dmg bonus on smite.

Oberon could use some animation updates on his skills though.

Especially his 2 & 4.

Sounds similar to another Oberon re-imagining from a while back. To be fair, these are Druid nature priest deals while Oberon is a Paladin of Holy Radiation who has a small nature theme. Nidus has more of the Shadow Druid connections.

33 minutes ago, Urlan said:

Sounds similar to another Oberon re-imagining from a while back. To be fair, these are Druid nature priest deals while Oberon is a Paladin of Holy Radiation who has a small nature theme. Nidus has more of the Shadow Druid connections.

best descrition of oberon so far.
but yeah, hs passive and 2, name and skins can make a lot of people think he is a Druid.

Interesting ideas, I would like to make a few suggestions though:

13 hours ago, hefirey said:

[1] "Roots": entangle enemies and slow them down the more they move until the are immobile. if roots is used in combination with hallowed ground the roots will spread throughout the hallowed ground

• Augment "Thorns": roots now deal damage as the enemies are caught dealing higher amounts of damage the more they move. double damage when used with hallowed ground.

This seems a lot like Baruuk's [2] Lull, but single target. I love the synergy of roots affecting all of the enemies that are currently on hallowed ground. I think the ability should still apply the radiation proc. 

For your augment idea, "Thorns" should replace the slowing effect with a damage over time to the target instead of just adding the damage to the base ability (augments should change the way the ability works, rather than simply strengthening them), dealing more damage while the target is moving. 

[4]: summons a tree that absorbs incoming damage and redirects the damage with exploding seeds, if planted on hallowed ground range is increased by the area of the hallowed ground

• Augment: tree takes the damage allies would receive if allies are standing on hallowed ground

The concept of the tree shooting exploding seeds seems a little extra; I believe the ability would be fine if it simply taunted enemies and redirected a percentage of the damage that you took.

1 hour ago, LupoDWolf said:

best descrition of oberon so far.
but yeah, hs passive and 2, name and skins can make a lot of people think he is a Druid.

That is understandable, but Hallowed Ground takes from a paladin ability called Sanctify which would give the area holy attributes While his passive really doesn't make much sense on him really all I can figure its supposed to refer to how Paladins in D&D often have spiritual bonds with their often blessed mounts. I still think Khora would be a better home for it, as it was called "Beastmaster" and that is her theme.

22 hours ago, Urlan said:

That is understandable, but Hallowed Ground takes from a paladin ability called Sanctify which would give the area holy attributes While his passive really doesn't make much sense on him really all I can figure its supposed to refer to how Paladins in D&D often have spiritual bonds with their often blessed mounts. I still think Khora would be a better home for it, as it was called "Beastmaster" and that is her theme.

well, they could change at least the base visuals so it is more  a light thing, passive, I think more damage against enemies wih status effects could be interesthing take on a palladin smite

1 hour ago, LupoDWolf said:

well, they could change at least the base visuals so it is more  a light thing, passive, I think more damage against enemies wih status effects could be interesthing take on a palladin smite

As a passive, sure that would be pretty logical; that or making yourself and others more resistant to status I guess, but yeah, statuses boosting damage would fit in with his usages pretty well.

Oberon is great actually, is my main.

Great support.

Great for damage buff (you all know).

Imunity to any debuff.

My only issue with it is the passive, is near to useless i believe.

14 hours ago, Peter said:

My only issue with it is the passive, is near to useless i believe.

Oberon's passive currently only affects Kavats and Kubrows, it would be much better if it functioned like the Shepherd Aura and affected all companion types.

2 hours ago, TehGrief said:

Oberon's passive currently only affects Kavats and Kubrows, it would be much better if it functioned like the Shepherd Aura and affected all companion types.

"Creatures of nature rejuvenate in OberonIcon272 Oberon's presence, causing allied Kubrows and Kavats to receive +25% Health, Shield and Armor links. Oberon's own Kubrow or Kavat also receives 1 instant revive per mission."

Should be:

Creatures of nature rejuvenate in 
OberonIcon272 Oberon's presence, causing allied pets to receive +30% Health, Shield and Armor links. Oberon's pets also receives 1 instant revive for every 90 seconds.

Pets: Kavats, Kubrows, Sentinels, Moas...

4 hours ago, Peter said:

Should be:

"A
llied companions receive +30% Health, Shield and Armor links."

That's honestly all it needs to be. It's clear and concise - all pets gain a little more survivability. It's perfect. The instant revive doesn't really matter, I don't think; the passive would be fine as just health, shields, and armor links.

Oberon?

I will agree he could use grendels damage scaling but mostly that frame is quite good.

He doesn't really need a rework yet. Maybe a light revisit at most.

GYvWaJT.jpg

needs only to rework his 4th augment, the way u get bonus armor is little bit annoying.

if it buffs to you, from where u r, with little armor and stacked by each enemy would be totally perfect.

12 hours ago, (PS4)ForNoPurpose said:

Oberon?

He doesn't really need a rework yet. Maybe a light revisit at most.

Renewal undeniably needs to be changed from how it currently works. It is clunky, and beyond the mechanics of the ability it will also need a visual overhaul. 

For more details, please refer to this thread ->

1 minute ago, TehGrief said:

Renewal undeniably needs to be changed from how it currently works. It is clunky, and beyond the mechanics of the ability it will also need a visual overhaul. 

That is literally "light revisit" material.

Adding a permanently Visible aura so people can see where renewals buff is, is an entirely qol change.

My original statement stands.

38 minutes ago, TehGrief said:

Interesting ideas. Personally I miss the visuals of the original infinite range renewal and would like that back, however with the pace of the game I can understand why the AoE is better. 

My ideal revisit would be to give him the original infinite range seeking orbs on cast in addition to a 23m aura around Oberon while it's active.

For Phoenix Renewal I'd like to see a 5m AoE blind when it's triggered and while it's recharging the Renewal Orb orbits that player.

23 hours ago, BeardyKyle said:

Interesting ideas. Personally I miss the visuals of the original infinite range renewal and would like that back, however with the pace of the game I can understand why the AoE is better. 

My ideal revisit would be to give him the original infinite range seeking orbs on cast in addition to a 23m aura around Oberon while it's active.

For Phoenix Renewal I'd like to see a 5m AoE blind when it's triggered and while it's recharging the Renewal Orb orbits that player.

I think that is pretty reasonable, if not as base; that certainly as some modification, augment or like how Umbra has a slight variant of Radial Blind.

11 hours ago, Urlan said:

I think that is pretty reasonable, if not as base; that certainly as some modification, augment or like how Umbra has a slight variant of Radial Blind.

On 2020-05-29 at 12:44 PM, TehGrief said:

Yup...at the very least the visual changes and for god sakes give him a better passive. 

Those ideas are really cool .

But since so many thing tied to hallow ground , I think it should be his 1 ( or 4 , depending on the power level ) .

Also 4's augment should be build it , since it just Octavia's 1 with a twist ( even weaker if I may say )

Also , this frame is not Oberon anymore . You change it so much , that this should be a separate frame concept.

We don't have a completely plant base frame , so this could be cool.