Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Kuva Bramma feedback and Discussion

SpringRocker

13 minutes ago, RuFi0 said:

Then bramma users shouldn't be able to dictate how people choose to play. And I choose to play in a team, while doing something fun and meaningful. Those options are gone when a Bramma user is going nuts, and since we both agree that one dictating another's actions is wrong, then I'm sure you would understand why this is such an issue.

Well I think it’s time DE to give us more controls in the matchmaking so each side of the player base can play nice with other. Modern games have some control of matchmaking in the form of player level restriction, class/weapon bans, avoid player, etc. 

Nerfing the bramma wouldn’t solve it, in fact those Bramma spammers will become Ignis Spammers and the whole nerfing cycles continues.

10 hours ago, Kayll said:

So right, the nerf to my eyeballs from introducing the Kuva Bramma really made the game less fun for me.

😔

There's this thing called playing Solo, Invite only, or friends only.

You can also turn off particle effects. There's any number of ways you can fix that for yourself. I can't ever get my rocket jump back for my tonkor. Can't get the other nerfed weapons back to viable either.

See a difference? Your problem you can fix. My problem, I cannot.

32 minutes ago, (PS4)UltraKardas said:

There's this thing called playing Solo, Invite only, or friends only.

You can also turn off particle effects. There's any number of ways you can fix that for yourself. I can't ever get my rocket jump back for my tonkor. Can't get the other nerfed weapons back to viable either.

See a difference? Your problem you can fix. My problem, I cannot.

I don't play with particle effects enabled,probably turned them off and never back on during some other obnoxious AoE weapon meta, probably the Simulor.
That still doesn't stop the constant barrage of multiple flashing neon colored explosions that are happening every 0.4 seconds multiplied by how many users in your group are using it.(Probably 2 in my experience at least)

"Play solo" is probably the worst defense you could give, DE is not going to allow something that actively dismantles the desire to play multiplayer in their multiplayer game.

7 hours ago, DrivaMain said:

Well I think it’s time DE to give us more controls in the matchmaking so each side of the player base can play nice with other. Modern games have some control of matchmaking in the form of player level restriction, class/weapon bans, avoid player, etc. 

Nerfing the bramma wouldn’t solve it, in fact those Bramma spammers will become Ignis Spammers and the whole nerfing cycles continues.

Yeah, I agree that we need more control over the matchmaking. 

On 2020-05-27 at 7:03 PM, Travis05 said:

Clearly you dont get my thought process.

I didnt intend to be competitive. i didnt care about damage. I wanted to PLAY. Can you get the concept? Can you understand now?

Running around empty halls and doing bullet jump would be good in a parkour game, no here.

I barely could reach the enemies before they dissapeared. I only wanted to be busy during all the duration of the mission. If i go to work, but i have nothing to do, then why im even here?

Actually after reading this post and the above response from the OP I see its not the Bramma that is the problem here.. It sounds like you're a follower not a go getter.. I play a melee game primarily and I have no problems killing enemies when others have brammas, the bramma shoots slow and short, dont stand in the same room, get out and chase down the enemy.. change direction and dont follow along hoping to get a kill.. or of course you could just blame the Bramma, or Saryn, or .. anyway.. movement is the key to all nerf this nerf that.. 

Excluding other peolpe from your group is good when you:
1) are doing a Spy sortie,
2) know there will be an obnoxious build in your party,
3) are tired of people.

Excluding other peolpe from your group is bad when you:
1) are opening a relic,
2) want extra enemy spawns,
3) want company of other people.

For me, most of the time "I want extra enemies" is happening, so I like putting it on Public. Because of that, now I'm giving my voice to get rid of one "obnoxious build in my party".
NERF BRAMMA!

I can confirm the Kuva Bramma kills fps. I play on an i5 8400 with a GTX 1060 6GB at 144+ fps most of the time. But when a teammate spawns the Bramma and the explosions are in my face, the fps drops to 55 fps. FIFTY FIVE!! from 144+. This is a very big issue, i don't know what to do, i tried to lower some settings in the Display menu in game but nothing seems to work. And i don't want to play on low quality to make my game look bad only because a weapon in game.

Please somebody from Technical support read this and take action!

If you're playing the game for immersion or role play, you should probably do it solo, I know solo sucks but if other players who play in a way opposed to your preferred style there's not much else you can do. The Bramma might be obnoxious but there are plenty of other "immersion breaking" weapons/frames that make the game barely enjoyable for everyone involved.

Even if they nerf the bramma another obnoxious AOE meta will take its place.

On 2020-05-30 at 12:21 AM, -Alleluia- said:

As much as I hate Bramma Spammers the issue isn't the Bramma in itself. The issue is that pretty much every other non melee weapon in the game outside of niche use cases are so incredibly crap and inefficient at mass murder. 

How were we able to play the game before Kuva Dramma?

Many primary and secondary weapons for example require headshots to even be viable at high levels and when you're surrounded by 50 enemies that's just not going to be a pleasant experience.

"Aiming for heads is too difficult, I can only shoot the ground." High lvls ask for player engagement, who would have thought that?

I seriously think primaries and secondaries need to be looked at and generally buffed. They fall off far too quickly compared to melee as enemies sky rocket in levels. 

Or maybe melee is the problem, or rather Condition Overload & Blood Rush.

4 hours ago, xcrimsonlegendx said:

Even if they nerf the bramma another obnoxious AOE meta will take its place.

Appeal to futility, which is a logical fallacy. Clearly, if Bramma is the most obnoxious, nerfing it will mean that the next "most obnoxious" meta is still going to be less obnoxious than the current one.

2 hours ago, Bristoling said:

Appeal to futility, which is a logical fallacy. Clearly, if Bramma is the most obnoxious, nerfing it will mean that the next "most obnoxious" meta is still going to be less obnoxious than the current one.

Still won't stop people from crying and moaning about it, also I didn't say the next one would be equally as obnoxious simply that nerfing the bramma isn't going to magically fix the problem. 🤣

6 hours ago, Bristoling said:

Appeal to futility, which is a logical fallacy. Clearly, if Bramma is the most used obnoxious weapon, nerfing it will mean that the next "most obnoxious" meta is still going to be less obnoxious used than the current one.

It's just a short term vision.

11 hours ago, ShortCat said:

How were we able to play the game before Kuva Dramma?

"Aiming for heads is too difficult, I can only shoot the ground." High lvls ask for player engagement, who would have thought that?

Or maybe melee is the problem, or rather Condition Overload & Blood Rush.

I didn't say the game was unplayable before the Bramma so I have no idea what point you're trying to make there.

I didn't say headshots were difficult, I pointed out how inefficient it would be when surrounded by 50+ enemies compared to other methods.

Sure, you could argue it the other way around and ask for melee to be nerfed to the ground, still doesn't change the fact everything else at present feels completely subpar compared to melee, for the most part, obviously there are exceptions. I feel the need to point that out for your sake as you seem to just want to take cheap shots at people based on what you think they're trying to get across rather than the actual points they make. 👍

my thing with it is it should have a MR Requirement. All Kuva weapons don't really have a MR requirement a MR5 can get the Kuva bramma and be able to use pretty much all the needed mods to make it good. they can get the 60-60 toxin and cold from mission they can from spy and void runs. they have split chamber, serration, Italian sense, point strike, and etc. I don't believe a MR5 should be able to just jump in damage and be able to kill lvl 100+ enemies because DE never put in a MR requirement for Kuva weapons when almost all of the Kuva weapons can easily deal with level 100+. They need to take the game slowly and steadily instead of just rushing I and losing the fun from the stress and difficulty in the game. just imagine some MR5 kid just joins a low level mission and just nukes the enemies because bramma one shots about everything under level 60-70 enemies. That In my opinion would be boring, Not some high level players using the bramma a couple of times and going "Oh this weapon one shots these guys, that's broken Nerf please." or they just get their kills stolen and they cry about it. 

A change to bramma will not affect efficient players who probably don't even use bramma to begin with since the weapon while powerfull isn't all that great on the long run. It requires powerfull and grouped enemies to be effective, anything else like lower level enemies will cause crossbows to be better and if the enemies are scatered then you need to charge the shot multiple times. This excluding the use of abilities, some of which the bramma can never compete because you won't even have a single enemy to shoot at.

Another thing to consider is that while i understand the concerns of newbies who still believe the weapon makes a difference, i noticed 2 things that are likely to be true, not certain, but likely:

1. when given the opportunity to kill like in a capture, spy and many other mission types, users with brama or without brama will not engage said enemies, but they will complain about kill steals for example, if you're not killing, why do you care about others doing that?
  2. It is likely that even if a change happens, you won't play, DE may give you EXACTLY what you want, like a massive nerf, similar to ember, but when given the chance to play the game with the changes, you will likely be absent, this often occurs when players realize that it wasn't the weapon/warframe, it was them all along

As much as i like players comming in, spiting out something in the forums, getting the change done and then abandon the game, i don't think that's something that should be done

IF a change happens and we have to put up with it (i don't care because i don't use the weapon to begin with) then YOU have to put up with it aswell, instead of bailing like the vast majority, every single time a topic like this appears, i always see new faces.

Bad players, unwilling to put some effort with what they have will always blame gear and will always exist, so i know this exact same topic with a slight variation will exist in a few months.

Right after they nerf Ember, Saryn, Volt and Mirage, simply because really the Bramma is just an illusion of being over powered...If a player can get 500-1k in kills out of a Saryn's 3k in onslaught..then all the power to them...

Also DE nerfs weapons all the time in order to make room for the next OP thing that will have everyone clutching pearls over it...Bramma will fall into second rule of Warframe in never getting attached to anything.

4 minutes ago, (PS4)FriendSharkey said:

Right after they nerf Ember, Saryn, Volt and Mirage, simply because really the Bramma is just an illusion of being over powered...If a player can get 500-1k in kills out of a Saryn's 3k in onslaught..then all the power to them...

Also DE nerfs weapons all the time in order to make room for the next OP thing that will have everyone clutching pearls over it...Bramma will fall into second rule of Warframe in never getting attached to anything.

that why I sold and removed my Magus lock down. to get used to using op without it

Here's an idea: Everytime you fire with the Bramma, you have to stay stationary on the ground in a fixed position. You can still aim freely and such, you just can't move while charging, except for rolling but that would pause your charge. If you're jumping or in motion, your forward momentum completely stops and you drop to the floor faster. No damage changes, no fire rate changes; just changing the way how easy it is to use.

Not to say it would necessarily solve all issues related to it. Just hopefully reduce the overuse of by making it a harder to use weapon. Whoever can adapt to the changes can continue to see their massive explosions everywhere.

26 minutes ago, Scruffel said:

Here's an idea: Everytime you fire with the Bramma, you have to stay stationary on the ground in a fixed position. You can still aim freely and such, you just can't move while charging, except for rolling but that would pause your charge. If you're jumping or in motion, your forward momentum completely stops and you drop to the floor faster. No damage changes, no fire rate changes; just changing the way how easy it is to use.

Not to say it would necessarily solve all issues related to it. Just hopefully reduce the overuse of by making it a harder to use weapon. Whoever can adapt to the changes can continue to see their massive explosions everywhere.

or MR lock the bramma so everyone can't just kill a lich and go Willy nilly with it.

On 2020-05-31 at 11:32 AM, Bristoling said:

Someone took a high school debate course.

1 hour ago, (PS4)Michal_576_ said:

or MR lock the bramma so everyone can't just kill a lich and go Willy nilly with it.

Changing the acquisition or MR requirements doesn't change the weapon itself, that would only delay the process of being able to access it. And what about the low MR players that already have access to it? After the change, it wouldn't retroactively deny them access to it.

And plus, how would that change work for someone who currently has a Bramma Lich but not the MR? I guess they would have to either Convert the Lich since they can't access the weapon, or if they don't have proper knowledge of the change, have to keep it ready stuck in their foundry until when they get the MR. Actually, how would that even affect Larvling spawns? How do you restrict low MR players from getting a Bramma Lich in the first place when anything that happens in a mission is meant to be universal for all players, even solo?

Again, that wouldn't change why Bramma is overused. It's not the acquisition that's too easy, it's the weapon that's easy to use.

4 hours ago, KIREEK said:

Bad players, unwilling to put some effort with what they have will always blame gear and will always exist, so i know this exact same topic with a slight variation will exist in a few months.

I like this because the Bramma takes the LEAST effort (minus the Simulor),bounce around the map and shoot at the ground the whole time.
If I learned anything about this community over the years i've played it,its that people wanted to be in as little effort as possible,and this is why every.single.game. that you join will have someone using the Bramma,if not multiple.

Archived