Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Been A Long Time Since Last Workshop Post(10 Days Actually)

SouthBi4ch

"Hi my name is Scott, the bald, fluffy, neck beard guy on the live streams. I am lead designer on Warframe and Design Director at DE. What do all those fancy titles mean? Basically I am the filter. Warframe is a combination of all the ideas here at DE. It's my job to take all those ideas and filter them down to what fits with the core of the game, at least that's what I tell myself.

So why the hell am I telling you all of this? Well I am going to start a semi-regular blog(hate that word). The point of this is to give the community some insight into what we do all day. This might end up being daily; this might end up being once a week or longer, it all depends on how crazy things are here at DE. So expect to get a random blast of whatever is going on in my head at the time I write it. This is a look at my workshop, so approach all content with the understanding that it CAN and might change."

no he didn't, I bolded the important part,   you guys need some patience

Edited by TheDrift

From a developer's point of view, 10 days is not a long time.

The community in general, and you, are spoiled with how much interactivity DE has with us. Just sit tight and wait.

myself,as a vet player with 700+ hours i really cant have more patience....how hard it can be to post a few words in the forum?

myself,as a vet player with 700+ hours i really cant have more patience....how hard it can be to post a few words in the forum?

hours really don't mean much towards this discussion, he gave you the time frame, I even bolded it for you, and you automatically assume someone would post weekly, as he said, spoiled with how well they actually talk to us, patience patience patience

this might end up being once a week or longer, it all depends on how crazy things are here at DE. 

Just in case someone didn't see it (even if bolded). Just wait and stop behaving like a spoiled brat. Most developers don't give a damn about communicating with the community, so just be grateful that we have some kind of information on the status of the game and its development.

Jeez kids these days...

Some one Datamine to see where Grineer has been posting, quick!

The Grineer don't post they just blow stuff up and kill Tenno that are just passing by.

Now THE Grineeer on the other hand posts, but is currently drinking a cup of 'leave me alone and let me work' so leave him alone so he can keep the community happy or suffering depending on your point of view.

Edited by SchrodingersKitteh

Just in case someone didn't see it (even if bolded). Just wait and stop behaving like a spoiled brat. Most developers don't give a damn about communicating with the community, so just be grateful that we have some kind of information on the status of the game and its development.

Jeez kids these days...

we know nothing of this games development.

DE communicates precisely 0 amounts of actual useful information in those "grateful" moments.

All we get are , maybes , soon ™ , we looking into it and were discussing this internally

DE communicates precisely 0 amounts of actual useful information in those "grateful" moments.

All we get are , maybes , soon ™ , we looking into it and were discussing this internally

sorry, not true. 

The whole point of Grineeer's Workshop is to give us regular information and very loose discussion about important decisions and progress on important topics, like Armor 2.0 for example. I highly doubt that they didn't get any progress on Armor 2.0 in an entire WEEK.

And really, even if he doesn't have time to type a post on the forums during the weekdays, why not take an hour or two to do so on the weekends? It doesn't even have to be long, just a status brief so we know their direction. For a dev diary, a post a week is NOT too much to ask for, especially since communication IS STILL DE's biggest weakness. If Grineeer had talked about the Derelict Vaults and how they worked earlier with the community, maybe certain aspects like the Hobbled Key or shafting soloers wouldn't have happened, and the corrupted mods wouldn't be so dumb.

Or how about the retirement of the friggin' GORGON? Why couldn't he have asked us in a Workshop entry whether we mind if these items were retired? Or at least give us a REASON why they're being retired instead of "oh we're just going to make these items exclusive to old players suddenly"?

Stop being DElusional, people. DE does need a lot more communication than what we have now. Is a few hours on the weekends typing a status report and discussing on the forums REALLY that unthinkable?

From a developer's point of view, 10 days is not a long time.

The community in general, and you, are spoiled with how much interactivity DE has with us. Just sit tight and wait.

But the interactivity with us lately has been locking threads with critical discussions and handing out warnings.

Oh man i can assure you this is waaaaay more information and feedback than other developers in the f2p scene. What we have may not be great, but is far better than what other developers do.

Edited by Melkia

Jeez kids these days...

Not the point, and not true.

The quote is not meant to be a ticket to ride "oh we'll post whenever we want to, like once every two months or...never! Muahahaha!" (Although they did meant it that way, reading it from a purposive approach). The whole point of the blog was to give insights of their progress or things happening, which realistically speaking, 10 days should have some small progress or results to show. It seems little, but surely they don't sit there all day thinking of the same problems. The discussion might have brought them somewhere else which might have locked them in the same scenario, but at least something went on.

E.g. Sadly, things like Armour 2.0 are leaked, not presented to the community. Such a "revolution" in the game system should be brought up instead of being in the DC. In fact, an announcement should be made and let the community discuss about it, then using the blog to discuss about their thought process so far. I believe devs should not listen to the community whole-heartedly, but also consider the valid parts of the feedback to make it playable in the game.

The other thing about "devs don't give a damn about communicating with the community", as you should know it, a sweeping statement. True, not all devs come up to the front and speak or interact often, but definitely, information will be relayed to them via the ones doing PR(and vice versa) Not that they don't care, but it is not their jobscope to interact with the players 24/7. In fact, with the recent mmo progression, there has been an increasing number of devs coming up and talk to the community about their stuffs.

So please, stop bashing. Not impatient, but a genuine question. We don't want to not hear from them forever, right?

Oh man i can assure you this is waaaaay more information and feedback than other developers in the f2p scene. What we have may not be great, but is far better than what other developers do.

that would be a valid  point if other free 2 play games had RNG based loot system that directly equals your progression in the game.

If DE says nothing , we are S#&$ outa luck.

in other f2p games there is no need for so much  detailed info because the games progression isn't RNG.

that would be a valid  point if other free 2 play games had RNG based loot system that directly equals your progression in the game.

If DE says nothing , we are S#&$ outa luck.

in other f2p games there is no need for so much  detailed info because the games progression isn't RNG.

If we are talking about RPG loot F2P games this is the norm.

"Hi my name is Scott, the bald, fluffy, neck beard guy on the live streams. I am lead designer on Warframe and Design Director at DE. What do all those fancy titles mean? Basically I am the filter. Warframe is a combination of all the ideas here at DE. It's my job to take all those ideas and filter them down to what fits with the core of the game, at least that's what I tell myself.

So why the hell am I telling you all of this? Well I am going to start a semi-regular blog(hate that word). The point of this is to give the community some insight into what we do all day. This might end up being daily; this might end up being once a week or longer, it all depends on how crazy things are here at DE. So expect to get a random blast of whatever is going on in my head at the time I write it. This is a look at my workshop, so approach all content with the understanding that it CAN and might change."

no he didn't, I bolded the important part,   you guys need some patience

Thank you.