Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[The Outdated Parkour Thread] It Finally Happened! (Voice Your Opinion In The Poll!)

Aure7

I don't understand it. It's a good feature. There was an idea behind it. Now it's just on / off. Why not both? How about vaulting when the Sprint key is pressed? Honestly, no vaulting is still better than annoying all the time vaulting but now I've got glitches where I collide with the obstacle hovering in jump mode. Just make this depend on the Sprint key.

And make the roll depend on fall speed or height. Make it optional, possibly by tapping the roll key in a short time window before hitting the ground, so you either get a hard landing right on spot which takes time and stops the flow but gets you where you want to be without the frame rolling off like an idiot, or you get a smooth landing roulade that you have chosen to execute because you're a master ninja...

Sounds very good to me,

Edited by -SLX-J3tAc3

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

This would be excellent.

Wall jump almost always throws me into a wall / corner and pins me there for half a second.

The absolute vertical or horizontal wall run divide drives me nuts when I just want to keep going forward but I end up stopping, grabbing the top of a ledge or box and rolling up onto it.  Animations that pause motion are not parkour - they are fail.

The rolling landing always feels like a punishment for not managing to slide and continue forward.

i really like the current state. but if they add something more better and greater.. i won't tell them to stop. anyways current running jumping and otherthings are not very buggy or hard. if they made those parkour control hard.. they better not make it.

Edited by behindyouha111

Tenno, I am disappoint >:[

PdQjECq.png?1

Wheres the disappointment exactly? Most people can agree that it definitely needs to change.. Only 6% of people are actually satisfied with how parkour works. I'm sure that this thread will get a lot of attention from the development team. Parkour will definitely be getting an overhaul from what Geoff said in the latest stream its just a matter of time and all that. I just hope that their next big project doesn't revolve around pets again lol I want to see core mechanics being built upon some more. First they should go work on melee some more. <.< thats just my two cents

Edited by grillv20

Wheres the disappointment exactly? Most people can agree that it definitely needs to change.. Only 6% of people are actually satisfied with how parkour works. I'm sure that this thread will get a lot of attention from the development team. Parkour will definitely be getting an overhaul from what Geoff said in the latest stream its just a matter of time and all that. I just hope that their next big project doesn't revolve around pets again lol I want to see core mechanics being built upon some more. First they should go work on melee some more. <.< thats just my two cents

I think the dissapointment comes from the fact that a lot want a little change.

BUT @Aure7 that doesn't matter

Add the people who want an overhaul + lots of change and you get 50%

And amongs the other 50% , 40% want some change.

Look on the bright side.

But i'm still wondering who the hell thinks parkour is fine in this game....o_O

Tenno, I am disappoint >:[

PdQjECq.png?1

I don't know where that poll is from NOW I DO, but movement and parkour overhaul is a #1 wishlist for me for U15.

All the parts of the game have been (or are being, *cough* UI *cough*) 2.0'd, it's time for the actual gameplay to get the treatment.

Edited by Shifted

Those who don't use parkour as probably the only "acrobatic" they do is coptering. Not everyone wants/ is apt / can be bothered to do all the acrobatics in the game, considering it is actually not mandatory. Void secret areas can be bypassed if you have the right Warframes. For everything else, there is coptering. There is your answer.

That said, I know I've posted in this topic a long while ago and made a big post out of that, and if memory serves me correctly, I think a I'm still sticking to a lot of what I said back then, which means I'm not in complete agreement with all suggestions. Especially if the wallrun gets changed to mouse-look for direction, I'm going to rage hard. I do like to run on a wall while shooting in a completely other direction, thank you very much, and I do like to be able to time my wall attacks ahead this way.

Edited by Khunvyel

I think the dissapointment comes from the fact that a lot want a little change.

BUT @Aure7 that doesn't matter

Add the people who want an overhaul + lots of change and you get 50%

And amongs the other 50% , 40% want some change.

Look on the bright side.

I really wish the game's parkour was better and rewarded you in some manner for using it during misisons.

Those who don't use parkour as probably the only "acrobatic" they do is coptering. Not everyone wants/ is apt / can be bothered to do all the acrobatics in the game, considering it is actually not mandatory. Void secret areas can be bypassed if you have the right Warframes. For everything else, there is coptering. There is your answer.

That said, I know I've posted in this topic a long while ago and made a big post out of that, and if memory serves me correctly, I think a I'm still sticking to a lot of what I said back then, which means I'm not in complete agreement with all suggestions. Especially if the wallrun gets changed to mouse-look for direction, I'm going to rage hard. I do like to run on a wall while shooting in a completely other direction, thank you very much, and I do like to be able to time my wall attacks ahead this way.

Coptering isnt really any sort of parkouring it all. Its a relic exploit thats been ignored because of a dev team thats scared of ticking off its customers instead of fixing the glaring problems wrong with the game. I only hope that they don't keep doing this when other game breaking things come down the pipe-line. Seriously, coptering looks tacky and it eliminates the use of any parkour that could be considered useful in the game as it stands right now.

Edited by grillv20

Coptering isnt really any sort of parkouring it all.

I didn't say this was my opinion. What I meant is that was probably what was going through the minds of the persons who have been selecting "parkour is fine in the game" because of the likelihood that coptering is a parkour move for THEM. Especially since the poll is called "what do you think of MOVEMENT in the game"

Having said that, you might want to take a read at what I mentioned about "using a melee attack for movement" and the related issues with slide attacks in this topic of mine

- and those alternatives should probably be considered acceptable for those that aren't interested or adept for Parkour. SpinDashes are infact a bit silly, but it's an alternative for some players that maybe are not very good at parkour.

i also use Spin Dashes as a combat maneuver quite often, to flank Enemies quickly, or to get right above their head so i can Ground Smash on them to knock them down. etc.

- if the left and right direction keys changed the angle you ran at, it would probably work well. like using the direction keys to 'steer' your Warframe like a car :p

the combat usefulness of being able to keep situational awareness and tactical planning while doing parkour is a very important feature, yes. i don't want to lose any of that either.

and I also added that aiming and shooting would let you run straight.

I do agree that the parkour feels unnecessarily clunky at times, like how my character will get stuck on certain ledges for a few seconds during a vertical wallrun only to teleport on top of the ledge after few seconds of continually running into it. This is quite common with catwalks amounted directly to wall as well as the wire cages on certain sections of the grineer asteroid bases. Can I at least get an animation of me kicking off the wall and grabbing the ledge like shown here: