Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[The Outdated Parkour Thread] It Finally Happened! (Voice Your Opinion In The Poll!)

Aure7

Superb post !

As a Tenno, I don't want to be superman an cross an entire map after slightly touching a wall. I want to be a ninja and have more control on my movements. I do want to cross an entire map, but I want a reasonable way to do so (reasonable, not realistic).

As was proposed previously, a "charging" system would be a solution : the longer you press space before touching the wall, the further you will jump.

Obviously this mechanic should apply to normal jumps, meaning that you only jump after releasing space. And the ratio height/length of the jump could be directly controlled by this time.

Using ctrl could cancel the jump also (except if you press jump while sliding).

I understand the fact that such changes will not happen soon. But I feel that by addressing the details here, we might actually be helpful to DE when they will try to improve the movement system.

This post, I like. 

I've run into a lot of these problems, and eventually learned to overcome them just by sliding right before any landings (even from the top of some stairs). But that takes up stamina and reduces your momentum; and it's a terrible feeling when you have no stamina as someone like Frost. 

What we have right now is pretty awesome and fun, but needs a slight bit of finetuning.

I really love it like 1000000%. Maybe there should be an aniimation where you can grab a wall and stay there and shoot from the wall (I'm thinking of Infamous right now but there are many other "parkour shooters" that allow this. It would add a helluva lot more depth by creating more of a 3 Dimensional hunting ground for the Tenno. You could wallrun up the wall out of sight and snipe enemies (with one-handed weapons of course. Kinda like ziplining) but the balance is that if you  get shot you fall and that there is no cover. What do u guys think?

I love the current movement system because the skill cap is pretty much infinite. I've been playing since March and I see my ability to move the warframe in compelling ways improving constantly. There are so many little combos that require precise timing, but once you can pull it off the results are phenomenal. I discovered a vertical wall-jump recently that let's me jump higher than Exca's Superjump, and I'm steadily learning how to execute it consistently.

I worry that any "fixes" to the movement system will end up being more limiting, and that would feel like a gut punch.

The point of these "fixes" is to create even bigger skill cap and open up much more freedom and control. Several hundreds of hours of gameplay make the current parkour system look very, very limited and annoying.

This is excellent. It doesn't have to be all implemented, I would be happy with just reworking vault and wall running. OP didn't leave anything out, this is the ultimate consolidated thread on movement system improvements. Get to work DE.

Come on Rebecca, I saw you reading this!  Post about how you guys are going to try to integrate these things into the game!  Please..?

Maybe U12.5 will be Parkour Update?

Maybe, the devs that deal with this area have definitely seen the thread and are aware of the quality of suggestions.

It is often emphasized that devs read many many posts, but do not always comment. Some departments are a little more keyboard shy.

In any case, this feedback has indeed been read.

Maybe, the devs that deal with this area have definitely seen the thread and are aware of the quality of suggestions.

It is often emphasized that devs read many many posts, but do not always comment. Some departments are a little more keyboard shy.

In any case, this feedback has indeed been read.

Maybe give the devs a special upvote button so we can see if devs upvoted a post and how many of them?

I don't see the problem at all. Your basing this that the Evolution Engine, and Warframe, are capable of amazing feats of freerunning... .which their just not. The ledge grabs are fine, vaulting is fine. There is NO 'auto-roll'. Incase you hadn't noticed, you only roll if you HOLD sprint (or have it on on a toggle),  or if you are moving forward and fall from a high height.

The Wallrunning to ledge is FINE. The area you gave as an example simply has an OBSTACLE in the way.

Keep in mind there are MANY things about Warframe that need fixed, but freerunning isn't a vital one right now

Note: Please try not to be so rude to any devs. Just because they read your thread and didn't post anything DOESN'T mean that they haven't acknowledged it at all.

I don't see the problem at all. Your basing this that the Evolution Engine, and Warframe, are capable of amazing feats of freerunning... .which their just not. The ledge grabs are fine, vaulting is fine. There is NO 'auto-roll'. Incase you hadn't noticed, you only roll if you HOLD sprint (or have it on on a toggle),  or if you are moving forward and fall from a high height.

The Wallrunning to ledge is FINE. The area you gave as an example simply has an OBSTACLE in the way.

Keep in mind there are MANY things about Warframe that need fixed, but freerunning isn't a vital one right now

Note: Please try not to be so rude to any devs. Just because they read your thread and didn't post anything DOESN'T mean that they haven't acknowledged it at all.

it is vital right now, and I am not being rude, just saying it hadn't had any updates recently.

the only way I can imagine freefrunning is fine for you is that you simply don't intend to use it and your play style does not involve it. For example playing nothing but defense might make these suggestion look silly. I don't think you can argue with so many people agreeing with this.

There's a lot suggestions in this thread, maybe too much. But I think wallrunning is definitely too sticky and clumsy for something like jungle, and it's horrible to be slowed down every time you try to vault over something. Games have already proven that excellent freerunning is possible and it often becomes the game's selling point, I just can't understand why warframe shouldn't have it, why call it space ninja game then?

Come on Rebecca, I saw you reading this!  Post about how you guys are going to try to integrate these things into the game!  Please..?

Maybe U12.5 will be Parkour Update?

updating a core componenet of the game as well as on how to make it more suitable for higher end missions etc , and you think "Maybe" U12.5 pffft :D

thats well to soon , id say maybe 13.5

all tho i would agree i would like to see more parkour focused maps and see more use for wall-running , however its not really a major problem compared to other things that still need sorted as well as fixed