Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[The Outdated Parkour Thread] It Finally Happened! (Voice Your Opinion In The Poll!)

Aure7

but its not mandatory to use.

no, it isn't - but that's how i avoid taking almost any damage in most missions. i don't use Iron Skin all day and walk right up to the enemy.

the movement is the best way to survive and get a combat advantage. 

not mandatory, but highly recommended because stat tanking won't get you very far.

The best. Do want. Keep up the good work.

A rework of the parkour system might actually also create new affinities with the smaller, faster weapons. The increased mobility can benefit the play style that the weapons seem to suggest, but in reality as they are now they're just faster and deal less damage per strike. On the subject of better melee weapon usage, I'd like to look forward to parkouring up to a high, out of reach area and just plummeting straight down into a group of Grineer/greedy milk Corpus/Infested with a Galatine.

Also, a little thing that ticks me off, about movement.

The side rolls that one performs whilst aiming go WAY too far to the left or right, most of the time I either hit a wall and hug it for a bit before I can get back up and start shooting again. The side rolls really should be a quick dodge to the left or right so you can continue shooting whilst dodging and keeping fire off yourself with minimal momentum.

This is one of the major reasons I've reduced my playtime to only one or two days after each major update or event.  It just doesn't feel good most of the time, and my sessions usually end in a rage quit when it gets especially bad.  Then I go play something that lets me control my freaking character.

The op, wow a well thought out concise , and showing Overgrowth  as an example on how to do it , made me realize that warframe will Never Never be that game . There will never come a time where running and gunning mix with parkour , in this game

Look at the up date history  raids which was all about running was takes out , cause of rushing , ( which is kinda the whole point of  raids , fast in faster out ) ,  stamina  was nerfed to 8 , then brought back to about 1/2 what it was. No more sprinting while shooting . survivals having life support pods to turn then into a temp camping spot , instead  of the event style where they were kill till you die . Even the last events which have become Defensive in nature

DE doesn't want us running . The removal of over heat really shows that DE has specific goals / ideas in mind and will take away the option for you to play differently , "casters shouldn't ever be tanks" ( even if they have to mod differently for it ) . Or the hek, which people where using as a shot gun sniper , they removed that option , not because it was overpowered but because it didn't fit a limited scope (pun intended btw ;)

PLus parkour requires level design for it , and  in all this time how many new map types have we had 3 , and those new ones are just 1 level , and the same level , no room randomization .

DE doesn't want us running . The removal of over heat really shows that DE has specific goals / ideas in mind and will take away the option for you to play differently , "casters shouldn't ever be tanks" ( even if they have to mod differently for it ) . Or the hek, which people where using as a shot gun sniper , they removed that option , not because it was overpowered but because it didn't fit a limited scope (pun intended btw ;)

Reading this part kinda changed my perception of Warframe... I don't know if I can call it a space ninja game anymore.  Perhaps just space special forces.  Space Guerrillas.  I certainly don't play like a ninja; I stay stuck to the ground and advance steadily using cover if I need it.  If I need to get from point A to point B in a hurry, then I just sprint and jump, avoiding wallrunning and vaulting when I can.

Edited by t3hsquirr3l

certainly don't play like a ninja; I stay stuck to the ground and advance steadily using cover if I need it.  If I need to get from point A to point B in a hurry, then I just sprint and jump, avoiding wallrunning and vaulting when I can.

well that's on you. i use Parkour and complicated movement a lot, and am only on the ground when the only other option is the ceiling(since we can't do that... yet?). 

i feel very mobile, i am not stuck to the ground at all. the more creative and imaginitive you are with what you can do with movement, the less 'confined' you are.

after update 7 they stopped prioritizing Fun ,over profit . The profit makes the feeling go numb . 

You guys don't understanding (I don't fully either) how their company and most other game development companies work.  They have different people working on guns than they do parkour.  They also have release schedules for all these guns, its not like they just sit down on their desk Monday morning and say to themselves "hmm, should I work on a gun today or parkour?".  They have documents detailing what guns/warframes/features get added and during what month/release etc.  Also, they have to have meetings to figure out how changing different systems will break the others (changing parkour might change level design etc.).  You can't take an art guy and tell him to program the parkour system, similarly, you can't take the guy working on the movement system and ask him to work on designing weapons.  Those responsibilities are fulfilled seperately by different people.

In the last livestream Steve gave a mini-speech about how they can dig themselves into corners by taking a certain development path, and then have to start things all over again to change them.  Sounds frustrating, doesn't it.  Work on something for X amount of hours to find out you have to trash it and start all over.

Just came reading this thread and i think it's really great,

i personally love parkouring around and i've learned how to do it even with all the flaws mentioned by OP but some structural issues simply cant be avoided.

DE should pick stuff from here at full hands, a lot of great stuff, +1 OP, nice job.

I recommend grappling hook or ripline to all frames.

Used to be an idea for all frames, until it was dumped only on valkyr.

Parkour problems will still need to be resolved, but ripline will create a new game play to navigate and move on this game.

I was thinking that it was only me and my friends that was bad in this game, but your excellent work show that even if we try a lot to improve in the parkour there's big limitations given by the game itself. Thanks for this, I really hope they will do something in order to smooth all these beautifull moves ideas.

well that's on you. i use Parkour and complicated movement a lot, and am only on the ground when the only other option is the ceiling(since we can't do that... yet?). 

i feel very mobile, i am not stuck to the ground at all. the more creative and imaginitive you are with what you can do with movement, the less 'confined' you are.

Point is, just running around works the same and has 0% chance of sending me in random directions with inertia out of nowhere. Parkuring is too damn mercurial to trust your &#! on, at least for me.

You guys don't understanding (I don't fully either) how their company and most other game development companies work.  They have different people working on guns than they do parkour.  They also have release schedules for all these guns, its not like they just sit down on their desk Monday morning and say to themselves "hmm, should I work on a gun today or parkour?".  They have documents detailing what guns/warframes/features get added and during what month/release etc.  Also, they have to have meetings to figure out how changing different systems will break the others (changing parkour might change level design etc.).  You can't take an art guy and tell him to program the parkour system, similarly, you can't take the guy working on the movement system and ask him to work on designing weapons.  Those responsibilities are fulfilled seperately by different people.

In the last livestream Steve gave a mini-speech about how they can dig themselves into corners by taking a certain development path, and then have to start things all over again to change them.  Sounds frustrating, doesn't it.  Work on something for X amount of hours to find out you have to trash it and start all over.

It's good to hear a voice of reason around here.

Wow! It's good to see this thread's still around. I'd love to get a statement from DE about whether or not they've got working on animations and smoothing out the parkour on their bucket list.

Point is, just running around works the same and has 0% chance of sending me in random directions with inertia out of nowhere. Parkuring is too damn mercurial to trust your &#! on, at least for me.

That's the problem. And I am trying to make developers understand that with this thread.

That's the problem. And I am trying to make developers understand that with this thread.

Pretty much.

+1. hate that BS roll and hate the random intertia boosts. You should be able to wall cling without falling down, we have melee weaons we can just stab into the wall. Liked every idea in the OP. 

I recommend grappling hook or ripline to all frames.

Used to be an idea for all frames, until it was dumped only on valkyr.

Parkour problems will still need to be resolved, but ripline will create a new game play to navigate and move on this game.

While not a bad idea ripline would just be a cop-out to fixing parkour, and would make it ultimately unneeded and unused. At least that's my opinion on it.