The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[The Outdated Parkour Thread] It Finally Happened! (Voice Your Opinion In The Poll!)

Aure7

Looks like you'd still need to aim in the direction of you wallru- euuuh walljump...

If you aim somewhere else, won't you fling yourself from the wall?... :o

Suspense...

No, they said you can control the direction of your jumps with directional buttons, so you don't have to look at where you want to go to go there. So you should be able to jump along the wall and shoot enemies.

Looks like you'd still need to aim in the direction of you wallru- euuuh walljump...

If you aim somewhere else, won't you fling yourself from the wall?... :o

Suspense...

As was stated in the devstream, it's based purely on direction for Ease of Use to controller players. If you keep your directionals in  check, you should stay on the wall.

Edit: Tenno'd

Edited by (PS4)theelix

No, they said you can control the direction of your jumps with directional buttons, so you don't have to look at where you want to go to go there. So you should be able to jump along the wall and shoot enemies.

As was stated in the devstream, it's based purely on direction for Ease of Use to controller players. If you keep your directionals in  check, you should stay on the wall.

May RNG, Booben & The almighty pink shorts read your words...

OP, will you create a seperate thread for parkour 2.0. feedback or will you edit this one?

OP, will you create a seperate thread for parkour 2.0. feedback or will you edit this one?

There will be dozens of new threads by all of the community. The moderators will make a megathread. This is what happens most of the tmie we get a 2.0

The first image you'd probably bullet jump straight up and pop off the cart, the bullet jump across.

The last one is just not going to happen, and your teammate shouldn't have been that far away in the first place.

Teammate distance is besides the point.  It's incidental.  The image could have easily been one without a bleed out in the distance.  In fact, not aiming in would have show the distance better, which is the relevant perspective.

The fact is that we are losing the thrill of zipping across that huge open space.  Yet, we can still get across it much much slower.  People were complaining that coptor makes parkour useless.  Well, we still have coptor, it's just much much slower.  That doesn't make parkour anymore useful.

Whatever control improvements are in parkour 2.0 are appreciated, but, railing against coptor has proven to be a red herring.  Coptor's Warp Speed was never the cause for Parkour 1.0s clunkyness or lack of utility so there was no reason to sacrifice such fun for the anciliary improvements.

This is not the first time in Warframe's history that the baby was thrown out with the bath water.  Often, a step forward is paid with a step back.

Edited by ThePresident777

Oh, now I see. I thought that the direction thingy was for consoles only, so you guys don't have to fiddle with the sticks for too long before changing directions of your jumps. Thanks for clarifying!    

Wednesday can't come soon enough D:

Edit: It just occurred to me that we are probably want to have a sprint toggle now, anyone knows if they mentioned something like that?

Edited by tisdfogg

Edit: It just occurred to me that we are probably want to have a sprint toggle now, anyone knows if they mentioned something like that?

Don't we already have it? I'm pretty sure we have that, although that might be a console only thing? I don't know.

Or do you mean like "always sprint" option, and press "sprint" to actually go the normal speed?

Don't we already have it? I'm pretty sure we have that, although that might be a console only thing? I don't know.

Or do you mean like "always sprint" option, and press "sprint" to actually go the normal speed?

The hype is eroding my brain, just took a closer look at the options the toggle is there. Disregard that brain fart. 

Toggle sprint already exists. :)

I home some of you voting for the last option are being kinda sarcastic :(

I...I love it.

I move wayyyy more often. I even got my Frost in Lares,and did some wallhops 'till I'm high enough & then John Woo on these foes with my Hek!

Really satisfying! Thanks DE, and thank you Aure7... :)

Gotta test how it goes with Stealth now.