Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[The Outdated Parkour Thread] It Finally Happened! (Voice Your Opinion In The Poll!)

Aure7

my complaints mostly sum up to the Camera moving around constantly is really disorienting and makes my hand and Camera always feel like it's in the wrong place.

leave my Camera the hell alone!

i also wish i could flip a setting so i could look down to Bullet Jump up, and look up to Bullet Jump down.

if i go up by looking up, i need to look back down immediately after to shoot the Enemies i'm now above. i'd rather just look down to go up then, so that i can see the Enemies without panning the Camera all the way back. (starting point, move up, move back to starting point and then lower, that's very complicated compared to move lower and you're done).

i'm rather skeptical of Bullet Jump being based on the angle you are at vs the ground however. it's going to (and already has) made for unreliable use of it, if some little bump on the ground is or isn't something you collide with, i can either go vertical when i wanted to go forwards, or go not as vertical as i expected.

Walljumping up looks like i'm humping the wall. :|

Horizontal works okay, but i can't go diagonals, which is disappointing.

and yes, there's use for traditional Wallruns as well as jumping along the wall. especially for being able to shoot while on a wall without having to stop(fast paced game *cough*).

being able to chain Bullet Jump, Double Jump, Air Rolling, and Air Melee is interesting though. it's engaging to do it.

that's all for now.

First, this topic was about how clunky parkour was, and I gave my my upvote.  Then anti-coptor was tacked on which hijacked my upvote.  Now this topic is going to become something else?  This topic has engaged in vote theft and is contemplating becoming worse.

"Coptor looks silly", was one of the excuse used to get rid of coptor.  But, the new frogger wall run animations make coptor look like mid air ballet.

"Everybody is using tipedo" and "Coptor is unbalanced" were two more of the excuses used to get rid of coptor.  Now that lower DPS weapons are not the best movement weapon, everybody will use the highest DPS weapon, setting off another wave of nerfs and trashing people's arsenals and plat.

"Coptor takes no skill",  "I'm tired of hitting walls until momentum runs out"  were two more of the excuses to get rid of coptor.  Yet, managing to not get stuck in the wall was a challenge that proficient players were capable of.

The purpose of movement is to get from point A to point B as fast as possible.  Coptor had been cleaned up and it got us further and faster than the new movement is capable of.  The slight movement improvements are not worth the loss of speed.  Coptor is superior than Frogger Frame.  Frogger Frame is a contradiction of the excuses given for getting rid of coptor.

As far as first impressions go, it's a great improvement.

Animation for wall-hopping is entirely subjective, doesn't bother me personally, it's just serviceable. As mentioned, still has problems with uneven surfaces, but one can easily compensate for that with changing directions/bulletjump, just needs some tweaking. I'm also glad we can auto-hop, no need to mash space. Overall not being glued to the wall is wonderful. 

Bulletjump works great for me, the only complain is that revers-vector for shooting upwards with it, seems to be wonky when on the move. When I'm stationary and look down, I can go straight up at 90 degrees angle, however when I'm running, it always ends up being more horizontal, around 60 degrees. Again, needs tweaking.

Aim Glide is very nice too, doesn't slow down the momentum as much as I'd thought it would. Very often gives that extra bit of distance that you need to reach your destination.

Chaining all of the new moves is very seamless, thought I still have old muscle memory and I can't be sure whether the breaks in flow are my fault, or the system's fault. Needs more testing. But getting a combo going and staying off ground for prolonged periods of time feels awesome.

So far, so good IMHO. 

Edited by tisdfogg

Back in the day on my other account and still recently with the Tipedo, it happened rather often that I would overshoot or get stuck in a weird spot for a moment because I was going too fast. This is not a problem anymore. I'm already missing the insane coptering speed but I appreciate the deliberate aspect of Parkour 2.0. Even more so though, I'm missing the potency of melee attacking in midair in terms of adding or changing momentum, so I would really like to see that get a tiny buff again since it does virtually nothing right now; same thing with the double jump.

The overall impression is positive, but getting used to Toggle Sprint is going to take a while. My pinky refuses to give away Sprint on Shift but also can't stand holding down the button all the time. :,3

Back in the day on my other account and still recently with the Tipedo, it happened rather often that I would overshoot or get stuck in a weird spot for a moment because I was going too fast. This is not a problem anymore. I'm already missing the insane coptering speed but I appreciate the deliberate aspect of Parkour 2.0. Even more so though, I'm missing the potency of melee attacking in midair in terms of adding or changing momentum, so I would really like to see that get a tiny buff again since it does virtually nothing right now; same thing with the double jump.

The overall impression is positive, but getting used to Toggle Sprint is going to take a while. My pinky refuses to give away Sprint on Shift but also can't stand holding down the button all the time. :,3

The air melee change is exactly what I asked with my thread. I think we just have to reprogram ourselves into bulletjump and double jump. You can bulletjump in midair if you haven't initiated the jump with it in the first place, which works very similar to dir melee.

My only wish with it is increased swing area and range so we could hit drones more reliably.

I was a huge fan of Parkour 1.0. It was honestly my favorite part of the game. And after giving the new mechanics a chance I can sincerely say that Parkour 2.0 is freaking hype! It has everything I loved about the first system and more. It's full of input sensitivity and timing windows that can be leveraged for blisteringly fast-paced gameplay especially for melee. The new bullet-jump/airglide/airdodge mechanics satisfy the old purposes of coptering and aerial melee while keeping those techniques in place for shorter more surgical motions. And the slide momentum mechanics are still in place allowing for slide-casting and the sweeping strikes I use for getting a little bit more range and survivability in melee attacking. In short the movement system is expanded and I have never felt so in control of my character's motions while still having enough sensitivity and dynamis to keep me surprised.

That said it wouldn't surprise if people who didn't like parkour 1.0 still don't like the new system. Since it's just as high-input momentum exploitative and twitchy. But that's what I like about it. I hope people do feel they have expanded options from previously though, especially since movement isn't so heavily tied to melee weapons. I'm leaping across the battlefield like some kind of vampire batman, and taking way less damage then before. I dodge roll a lot more constantly now since it's usable in air, and I really hope that's not a bug because it's a major feature for me. In melee stance I have my aim button the same as my block button so I get a block-glide. Combined with the new jump-slam's increased downward velocity it really feels like every frame has zephyr tools with bullet-jump feeling like tailwind, jump-slam like divebomb, and aim-glide like zephyr's passive and mini-turbulence. Which feels great, but maybe zephyr will need a bit more of an update now.

The weakest part seems to be the new wall-running. While the hops and latches are serviceable in combination with bullet-jumping and like they don't really satisfy the vision of parkour put forth by the trailer and this thread. And in many ways flying around with glide/doublebulletjump is so powerful you hardly need to touch the walls which is unfortunate though the flight system is so fun I hardly seem to mind. It seems to me that when you do settle in a wall latch you might as well be able to have free-running along the wall as you're already magnetized to it. Being able to anchor to the wall but not truly move along it is disappointing and will likely be a major sticking point against parkour 2.0.

I love it. But I think more attention is needed with wall interactions in order for Parkour 2.0 to feel complete.

Edited by Ryjeon

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Please, please, pleaaase fix the jumping flips/rolls.

Meaning the rolls you can do if you simultaneously press Aim+Direction+Jump+Roll. Before Parkour 2.0 while they were a little ridged in their animations, they at least consistently worked in the direction you intended. Now it may or may not flip at an angle and much of the crate clearing/mounting height is gone and can't quite escape from groups using Aim+Direction+Jump+Roll.

I know we have bullet jump, but this was really useful in vs. close quarters and ranged combat.

Show the back flip some love too..

On the subject of animations:

Could be possibly get some sort of timer or countdown wheel for parkour 2.0 moves like wall latch & glide?

It would also be nice if parkour 2.0 stats could be added to arsenal view // Jump Height, Glide distance, Latching duration

Please, please, pleaaase fix the jumping flips/rolls.

Meaning the rolls you can do if you simultaneously press Aim+Direction+Jump+Roll. Before Parkour 2.0 while they were a little ridged in their animations, they at least consistently worked in the direction you intended. Now it may or may not flip at an angle and much of the crate clearing/mounting height is gone and can't quite escape from groups using Aim+Direction+Jump+Roll.

I know we have bullet jump, but this was really useful in vs. close quarters and ranged combat.

Show the back flip some love too..

On the subject of animations:

Could be possibly get some sort of timer or countdown wheel for parkour 2.0 moves like wall latch & glide?

It would also be nice if parkour 2.0 stats could be added to arsenal view // Jump Height, Glide distance, Latching duration

If I understood correctly, I covered rolls in https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/509059-parkour-feedback-thread-20/

I also added your other suggestions

• 1 month later...