Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

(updated) Fix Cetus bonus bounty objectives already

bl1te

1. Capture - Complete without killing an enemy

It is not *hard* to perform. It is hard to control it. Often some enemy could be killed by your squadmate or Sentinel, so it kinda forces to play solo / in pre-made squad only / without sentinel weapon.

In addition, at low tier bounties even bullet-jumping can kill random enemy.

UPD1: Also, yes, as @taiiat mentioned, even when you complete that stage with successful bonus, the UI will show checkmark so you might think that it is already registered and start killing enemies. But it was actually not and then the UI will change to "failure" mark.

2. Liberation - Keep the control level above 50%

Oh god, I can't even start explaining because it calls disgusting and tedious associations...

Okay, at different PoE areas enemies' spawns differ. In tight areas there is no problem in completing this mission, although in wide areas sometimes you can even fail not just the bonus task but the entire bounty stage, if you play Solo. Even on Mesa - the cheesiest frame for bounties. Because enemies are way far away from each other and their ships spawn so slow... you just can't find anyone to keep the meter above 50%.

Again: kind of forcing to play certain way and not the one you can enjoy / afford.

UPD2:

3. Assassinate - Draw out the target within 1 minute

This one just doesn't work. I successfully draw out the target within 40 secs or evel less. Then I just went checking if it will count as failure if I wouldn't eliminate the target after 1 minute.

Of course, it would.

Also, if you eliminate the target in, say, 57 seconds, then the UI will display "success" checkmark, but after 1 minute from the start it will change to "failure".

EDIT1: Or make that final reward is rolled and given twice even with one failed bonus. Make it 4/5 bonuses instead of perfect 5/5 (eg. Tier 4 or 5 bounty).

Edited by bl1te
Update about Assassinate stage
  • Like 4

the Capture Bonus is definitely annoying even just because by the time the Objective UI appears so that you could know you're doing a Capture and that there is that type of Bonus, well, you might have already started Killing some Enemies because they were attacking you and that's just what you naturally do, you Kill that Enemy back.
so you can fail the 'no Kill' condition before you even know what your Objectives are.

(actually i was saying that you could fail the Objective before the Objective UI fully draws, but yes you also have to not Kill anything for like 5+ seconds after you actually completed the Objective)

Edited by taiiat
  • Like 3