Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Does anyone find Interception... fun?

OwlOfJune

As they exist rn, they feel like 4 people doing Solo defense with enemies divided and even more pathetic to deal with.

Sure Survival and Defense are not really harder because 4 tenno who are half-competent standing next to each other is basically unbeatable, but at least you get some interaction with other players, maybe giving buff, receiving heal or revive a fallen squad member, and in shorter missions like Exterminate or Capture, most ppl just make it into a race thing but the movement is one key element of Warframe.

But Interception? You stand still, apart from your squad members, so the element of PvE squad is largely gone, you have to stay in your spot for most duration so the movement of Warframe is largely ignored. (This changes when you are missing a member or plaing solo, as you do need to hop between points, but if you have Khora or Frost, not so much.)

They just feel like designed to take the 'fun' parts out of Warframe.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, OwlOfJune said:

As they exist rn, they feel like 4 people doing Solo defense with enemies divided and even more pathetic to deal with.

Sure Survival and Defense are not really harder because 4 tenno who are half-competent standing next to each other is basically unbeatable, but at least you get some interaction with other players, maybe giving buff, receiving heal or revive a fallen squad member, and in shorter missions like Exterminate or Capture, most ppl just make it into a race thing but the movement is one key element of Warframe.

But Interception? You stand still, apart from your squad members, so the element of PvE squad is largely gone, you have to stay in your spot for most duration so the movement of Warframe is largely ignored. (This changes when you are missing a member or plaing solo, as you do need to hop between points, but if you have Khora or Frost, not so much.)

They just feel like designed to take the 'fun' parts out of Warframe.

no

It's more relaxing than fun, it's really easy to win once you know the rules

Révélation

I saw some streamers starting Warframe just defending one tower only, they never won of course, tried to explain it to them but it didn't work

But I kinda like the specific points that are given to a team. Does this person will manage to defend their point ? Do they need help ? Do you choose to leave your point defenseless to help them ? Will you make it back in time ?

I like the cosy feeling you get from keeping my own point. Once I get it, this is my space and I cherish it xD
But yeah, it's probably the easiest mode we got. You should go there if you want to relax... I mean relax even more than usual.

To me just losing my point because I went to help someone is the same as a loss, I still go help the rest of the team if necessary.
Setting expectation higher can make it a bit more fun, but yes, it's really easy.

Edited by STUVash
  • Like 2

I like them. 

I tend to adopt a more fluid playstyle on this mode. I don't like camping one node, even though that is necessary sometimes. As long as you don't let the AI hold nodes, it's hard to lose. 

I don't much like doing them solo, but will if the farming is important enough. 

The endless modes are where the most fun is. Interception isn't really about the combat, so it's in a rather odd place. It's more fun with others, both boring and frenetic when on your own. 

Your teammates will largely determine how much fun you have. Adding That Guy can leach the fun out of any game mode--or game--pretty quickly. 

• Like 3

Nope. For the same reason I dislike Mobile Defense and all of the mini mobile defense style things they add. Whether it's interception, the coil drive ambush bounty in Orb Vallis, Plague Star, Scarlet Spear. Standing around doing nothing boring.

• Like 3

I do like them. When I'm feeling lazy I rather do them than Survival or Defense. At least I can stay on a calm node and kill the occasional enemy and leave the overcrowded node to the tryhards.

Usually goes pretty smooth. For solo, though? Nah, too much dancing around on my own. Rather do defense instead.

• Like 1

i dont really like interception but... Hijack sucks more,it needs to be removed its boring not rewarding and just fills unnecessary to the game as far as ive heard its a relic that used to be in raids.

De should just remove hijack its my most hated mission type in wf,it serves absolutely no porpuse

• Like 1

Just now, (PS4)grayhyh said:

i dont really like interception but... Hijack sucks more,it needs to be removed its boring not rewarding and just fills unnecessary to the game as far as ive heard its a relic that used to be in raids.

De should just remove hijack its my most hated mission type in wf,it serves absolutely no porpuse

It a good Hildryn or Mag mission.... the purpose is to make sure you use Hildryn or Mag for this one mission type.

12 minutes ago, STUVash said:

It's more relaxing than fun

Pretty much this.  To me it's a faster version of defense with less affinity gain and not something I'll go out of my way to do outside of Fissure, Arby, and Sortie.  Fissure is more efficient time-wise than defense assuming you can get the 10 reactants in the first drop, people tend to be too efficient at killing in that instance, have to message the group to slow down.  Sorties it's just a 2 wave standard mission, nothing special.  Arbies, ah, that CAN be fun though; greater risk of failing and losing control of the map.

• Like 3

Nope, never liked them. But I also do not like the type of mission where the best strategy is to stand still (Defense/MobDef/Interception). Warframe is a game about movement and speed, and these types of modes that make you stationary are absolutely abhorrent to me.

• Like 2

Huh a lot more responces than I expected, thnx ya all!

It seems everyone do agree on it is perhaps one of easiest missions in WF, just different how they see it. (Relaxing vs Boring)

5 minutes ago, Bryuf said:

While I do enjoy intereception, I feel it could really need a facelift to make it stand out from defense and mobile defense

Yeah it def could. Maybe a choice make data extration faster but draw more aggro from enemies, or having 5 points so even in full squad you would have to keep moving.

5 minutes ago, nslay said:

It a good Hildryn or Mag mission.... the purpose is to make sure you use Hildryn or Mag for this one mission type.

yay lets get hildryn or mag and sit on top of dumb rover/grinner battery thing then just semi afk on it and kill anything to get absolutely nothing not even enjoyment.

you can maybe get enjoyment out of every game mode even the boring ones if you try but from hijack? nope

Edited by (PS4)grayhyh

5 minutes ago, nslay said:

Haha. I'm not saying Mag isn't awesome! I'm saying the mission exists for no other reason than to make sure you use very specific frames.

I was trying to come up with a refutation but, yeah, no. 

9 minutes ago, (PS4)grayhyh said:

bois quick! lets HIJACK this thread!

Are you hijacking this thread all on your own ?

NAH ! I'm with my BOYS !!!!

allright enough joking

I dont know if the game mode were design to make sure we use specific frame or if some frames made some game mode trivial and ended up being the top and most optimal choice for them. Chicken or the egg i guess ^.^ 

Edited by trunks013