Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Does anyone find Interception... fun?

OwlOfJune

I honestly think solo Interception is a lot of fun because it actually does involve a lot of movement. I usually position myself in the center of the map to ensure I can quickly reach a tower in the process of being taken over.

Have you tried Archwing Interception on Caelus, Uranus? It's trivial with blink! That's also pretty fun solo particularly because you become disoriented and the way point markers *do not* help you very much.

EDIT: By the way, Caelus is a good place to rank Archwing gear! Just do 10 rounds or so and your gun or Archwing is max rank.

Edited by nslay
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, OwlOfJune said:

If ya ppl wanna talk about Hijack, feel free to make seperate thread 😛

TBH I like Hijack more than defense at times, but interception is just boring, you have only two options run around constantly capturing the same zone for the millionth time or Permanent CC the whole map for an infinite amount of time and infinitely boring time! 

I pretty much only solo and I find them quite fun.

IME, I have to move around a bit because I have to find the beeper, I cannot kill the higher level ones fast enough yet in Arbitrations, for example, to stay still.

As noted as well by others, it does mean you have to move from marker to marker as well.

Much more fun than standard defense, I have to move much more.

• Like 1

il y a 5 minutes, nslay a dit :

I honestly think solo Interception is a lot of fun because it actually does involve a lot of movement.

Solo ground interception unfortunately isn't like that. While it's true that all points can potentially get assaulted by enemies. The current AI tend to just rush the first point you captured, and they'll keep doing it for a long time, I got some rounds where no other point got attacked.

Again it's possible to have other points attacked but on ground I actually never move from the point I'm defending once I got all points. If you let them capture that specific point, another point become the main focus for the AI.

At least that's how it goes in my games, is it just me ?

Révélation

Think Which One GIF

Edited by STUVash

Just now, STUVash said:

The current AI tend to just rush the first point you captured, and they'll keep doing it for a long time, I got some rounds where no other point got attacked.

That's not true. They eventually give up and try for other points (sometimes two simultaneously).

il y a 2 minutes, nslay a dit :

That's not true. They eventually give up and try for other points (sometimes two simultaneously).

Yes, emphasis on the "Eventually", in some maps and rounds, it sometimes means never.
I can record you some session where they keep coming at one point only if you want. Weird right ? Now I'm starting to think I'm the only one with such  occurence.

Edited by STUVash

3 minutes ago, nslay said:

Eventually the can, would be nice if the AI was more dynamic and actively took advantage of points not being defended or pushed harder on "weak" points where the AI was actually making progress to the consoles.

2 minutes ago, STUVash said:

I can record you some session where they keep coming at one point only if you want. Weird right ? Now I'm starting to think I'm the only one with such  occurence.

I see the 1 point push a lot, and random teams plan around it without any coordination needed.

Edited by (XB1)Calliber
  • Like 2

Honestly I think the last time I had real fun and liked Interception was when me and one other guy did an Axi Relic Interception and it was just the two of us. We had great team work controlling 3 towers until we had enough reactant to open our relics think we did five or six rounds before his gear hit the limit. Reminded me of how they used to be before mass nuking was a thing.

40 minutes ago, OwlOfJune said:

They just feel like designed to take the 'fun' parts out of Warframe.

Interceptions initially included imaginative interesting ideas in inception. I say.

à l’instant, OwlOfJune a dit :

That does seem happen randomly, I never noticed pattern on exactly where/when it happens, but sometimes enemies would Zerg-rush only one spot when I was playing Interception Solo?

Yeah maybe it happens more often in interception solo. It could be some way to make it easier on the solo player.
I didn't check though.

1 minute ago, (XB1)Calliber said:

Eventually the can, would be nice if the AI was more dynamic and actively took advantage of points not being defended or pushed harder on "weak" points where the AI was actually making progress to the consoles.

Agreed. They should shuffle it up a bit more.

6 minutes ago, OwlOfJune said:

That does seem happen randomly, I never noticed pattern on exactly where/when it happens, but sometimes enemies would Zerg-rush only one spot when I was playing Interception Solo?

Depends on the tileset they have regular spawn points for mobs and depending on number of players it changes the mob count and locations. So yes take for example Corpus Ship Tileset (soon to be retired) Cytherian on Venus The far room tower "C" when solo typically won't get touched while A, B, and D are close to spawn points if you are standing in the main room.

Edited by Magus_Tahir

What's annoying is that solo Interception fissures have you holding 2 towers while you wait for 8 reactant before you can safely take over the other 2 towers. I call this strategy "Losing to win." Because you spend most of a round losing... well, you can Neutralize (but not take) some towers to nudge yourself ahead (rather than be 2% behind, be 2% ahead most of the round)... but not much point in doing that.

• Like 4

Fun? Nah, boring, annoying? No.

Don't know why someone would just sit next to a tower if a Tenno can easily jump across half the map to protect another tower, the game tells you when the enemy is trying to take a tower

"But I'm playing with a 4 player squad"

Same thing, just cap all 4 towers and then proceed with the endless carnage, jumping around, spamming powers...

What is the mode where you have to find the keys and then the demolitionist tries to blow it up and you have to defend it?  I always think that one is Interception... I like the mode of defending the 4 towers just fine. Not the most fun, but it is ok.  The only mode I really do not enjoy is the one with the keys and the demoltionists. And I need to farm Rotation C on one of those for a Warframe I eventually need to build 😞

il y a 4 minutes, Wearbe a dit :

What is the mode where you have to find the keys and then the demolitionist tries to blow it up and you have to defend it?  I always think that one is Interception... I like the mode of defending the 4 towers just fine. Not the most fun, but it is ok.  The only mode I really do not enjoy is the one with the keys and the demoltionists. And I need to farm Rotation C on one of those for a Warframe I eventually need to build 😞

Disruption.

40 minutes ago, Thundervision said:

In my opinion, DE should:

• Replace current Interception design with its Mobile version from the MR26 test.

or

• Add difficulty/tier scaling for towers:
    • Low-tier: 1 moving tower
    • Mid-tier: 2 moving towers
    • High-tier: 4 moving towers

There are several Mastery Rank Tests that would make fun group challenges/missions. The one where you constantly alternate between archwing and ground modes to smash the "melee orb timer extenders" while also doing an Exterminate mission was a hoot.

2 hours ago, MagPrime said:

I enjoy it when we rotate towers after waves but a lot of players get grumpy at that for some reason. 

I try to avoid Interception because I keep running into the opposite.  Some little tin-hat dictator starts demanding we do it "the right way" and then flips out when everyone doesn't run to the same tower.  Yes, it might be slightly faster to capture one with four people.  The mission goes faster if the enemy doesn't score any points at all though, and the best way to do that seems to me to NOT leave towers undefended all the time for the enemy to capture.  😞

• Like 1