Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Eidolon Vomvalysts move much slower since Update 27.4

saghzs

Update 27.4 had listed as one of the bugs fixed:  https://forums.warframe.com/topic/1189247-warframe-revised-railjack-revisited-part-1-update-274

• Fixed certain instances where Sentients would stand still. and not do or attack anything.

You can clearly see that there is a big difference in movement speed between the first and second clip in this video.

Yes I am aware that the first clip was taken before the Plains of Eidolon rework, however, it is incredibly difficult to find a good quality clip of someone observing vomvalysts while they are moving, since nobody ever thought to record it, as it was working as intended until Update 27.4.

There are multiple spots that vomvalysts can spawn near a lure, and I've tried my best to make sure that the 2nd (new) clip has the vomvalysts spawn almost exactly the same distance away from the lure as the first one. The actual spawn locations in relations to the lure positioning seem to not have changed with the rework.

The timer in the bottom right, counts the time between the vomvalysts spawning (freeze frame with blue flash) and the exact frame that the lure connects visually to the vomvalyst with the white line.

The first clip ends with a time of 6.16s where as the second clip takes over 10 seconds longer and ends with a time of 17.11s.

I have done well over 100 different tests in different locations, not to mention the 3000-4000 Hydrolyst captures I've done since this bug got introduced. I've played with and without the "Untracable"  Parazon mod and my conclusion is that this mod does not affect the speed at which the vomvalysts move at all. Because of this, I opted to use a clip with the mod equipped, as it shows what's going on more clearly and allows me to not get knocked out of archwing by the grineer in the camp.

There was a attempted fix in Update 28.1.0  https://forums.warframe.com/topic/1205630-the-steel-path-update-2810

• Fixed Vomvalysts appearing to move slower than usual.

However, as you can see by my continued updates to this thread, it is definitely not fixed.

This has lead me to speculate as to why this bug exists and I think I came up with a plausible explanation that might warrant further investigation.

From what I've seen, most enemies seem to have both a walking and a running state when moving from current to desired position. This usually depends on the alert level of the enemy. Generally you only see enemies running if they are in a fully alerted state, or if they have some other special objective to accomplish, like when the player walks undetected to extraction without killing any enemies in an exterminate mission.

I believe that there is either an error occurring in the transitioning between the normal and alerted state of the vomvalyst AI, or that the alerted state does not give the vomvalyst the correct movement state.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

This might not be a bug, we don't even bother to stop those guys anymore, just build combo on the deemer upto 12x while they full heal it then one shot it

Has anything been done about the fact/bug that when they do fall behind they seem to get unlimited range to sheild the eidolon? Seems like the actual issue at hand here is no 75m limit on vomvalyst sheilding

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Another bump since we'll be getting an update (hopefully) soon and someone might be able to look in to it before that releases.

Also added a lot more detail in to the original post, with full explanation of the video and my own thoughts on the issue.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
26 minutes ago, RazerXPrime said:

Persistent... Are you checking the hotfixes too or are you just bumping this thread? I mean it's a game breaking bug so I get it :)

I always read the patchnotes.

And I do eidolon hunts basically every day, so I know if they actually fixed it or not.

So.
Here we are.
May 1st 2021. Exactly 1 year after Update 27.4 which introduced this bug.
I'm not sure how this is still not fixed.
This is a major issue for anyone doing Eidolons, from your new player to your veteran with thousands of hydrolyst captures under their belt.
How on earth is a new player supposed to charge lures during the heal phase when the vomvalysts don't even get close to the eidolon.
You have to actively search them out, sometimes in rather obscure locations that no new player would know.
And on the higher levels of play, you still have to search them out, because you end up being to fast to charge any lures with just naturally spawning Vomvalysts.

Also, how on earth, was there an attempted fix in Update 28.1.0 but it did not fix anything.
Did anyone even test that "fix"? Did the developer that made this "fix" actually do anything?
Because there certainly is no difference in the movement speed.
And why has there been no followup, despite me posting an update to this thread right after the update, saying that the bug is still not fixed?
I have even posted my own suggestions and theories on how this bug might work, based off my own observations and expirience with the game.

It's honestly so frustrating, to see a major bug like this just being completly ignored.

I will continue to update this thread until the bug gets fixed or the game stops being supported by the developers.
Expect to see it in the top of the list in the bug report section after every Update and Hotfix.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Thank you for deleting all my replies about the bug still being a thing after hotfixes. 🙃

How am I supposed to get this to the attention of the devs otherwise? Because clearly they don't seem to care.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

Archived