Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

In-game FPS Cap not working Windows 10 May 2020 Update

Kamachi

Hi again,

After some extensive testing with the Windows 10 May 2020 update, we believe we've found a solution to this problem, and we have just updated Warframe with an improved frame-rate limiter that should result in much more accurate numbers moving forward. It has been added with Hotfix 28.0.5, so you should see better results the next time you launch the game.

More info on this hotfix can be found here.

-----------------

• Optimizations:
  • Implemented a new version of the frame-rate limiter to fix problems introduced with Windows 10 Build 2004 as noted here. The new limiter should be compatible with all versions of Windows and should provide an even more consistent framerate when your system can run at the max.
Edited by [DE]Linkski

2 minutes ago, [DE]Linkski said:

Hi again,

After some extensive testing with the Windows 10 May 2020 update, we believe we've found a solution to this problem, and we have just updated Warframe with an improved frame-rate limiter that should result in much more consistent numbers moving forward. It has been added with Hotfix 28.0.5, so you should see better results the next time you launch the game.

More info on this hotfix can be found here.

-----------------

• Optimizations:
  • Implemented a new version of the frame-rate limiter to fix problems introduced with Windows 10 Build 2004 as noted here. The new limiter should be compatible with all versions of Windows and should provide an even more consistent framerate when your system can run at the max.

I can confirm it's working as intended following the hotfix and I have updated the original post to reflect that this has indeed been addressed.
My thanks to the team for the fairly quick turnaround in finding a resolution. 👍

Edited by -Alleluia-
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Arcon said:

😧 Wish i knew this before uninstalling to reinstall again. Gotta wait on a 31GB download now. 

Reinstalling the game will almost never fix issues you're having. Even if people advise you to do that, don't listen to them. The Launcher has an option to verify game files. If need be, run that.