Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Grineers do NOT get any love.

Gaikki

Cinematic quests, liches, railjack and all that. Sure. Grineers do take up majority of CONTENT. But when it comes to lore, integrity, stability and diversity, they just don't stand any chance against the Corpus. (Let's put aside the Infested and the Corrupted for a moment.) Grineers are always a labrat for testing the new mechanics. After the bugs and feedback, the better version of the new gamemode/mechanics get implemented to the Corpus. Through Plains of Eidolon/Cetus, the Orb Vallis/Fortua was set up to be the better version of the open map game. Now, with all the feedback from liches and first railjack, the Corpus, once they get THEIR versions of the gamemode, will have far better version of it while the Grineers will be abandoned, stuck with the old and relatively bad version of it all. While the Corpus have all the mob variants with diverse designs, Grineers are stuck with same old potato design. Even when it comes to weapons and stuff. And the rework and revamp. While the Corpus got a new set of mobs with new Jupiter and are about to get a brand new ship tileset with THEIR new version of mobs, Grineers are still stuck with the exact same stuff from years years back. Now don't go "But they got remastered Earth and Kuva Fortress!". The earth remaster was a straight up REMASTER. No real new "rework" anywhere. No newly designed mobs or layouts. Kuva Fortress was a new map, sure. But the mobs were just re-skinned same old bois with re-skinned old guns. 

It's a sad truth. Grineers only get the beta version of everything, only to get stuck with it. The lore is provided only with the cinematic quests, which doesn't exactly provide any "inside" lore that explains details of things. Corpus is always loved more than anything, filled with meat and bones. They even got main villains narrating on the lore, for crying out loud. 

• Like 4

Historically Grineer were the only faction to get any love at all and the recent Corpus additions are really the only times DE has switched things around. Fortuna, Jupiter, and from how Deadlock appears to be we're only now getting the Corpus fleshed out on par with the Grineer. And sure they do get the "beta" versions of new features but that's also in part due to them being the favored faction.

Really the Corpus getting more diverse unit effects with new sub-factions is the only thing they've gotten over the Grineer who just get reskinned weapons and new paint jobs in comparison. Which I'd argue is a development constraint caused by how much more difficult Grineer have always been relative to Corpus and thus the Corpus getting new mechanics instead of armor and damage like the Grineer.

• Like 5

5 hours ago, Gaikki said:

But when it comes to lore, integrity, stability and diversity, they just don't stand any chance against the Corpus

-Lore? I disagree there. we've nearly always known more about the Grineer than the Corpus. we know about the Twin Queens, how they kidnapped Sectarus-class technicians and other individuals with security privileges to use Orokin tech for themselves, Tyl Regor's cloning labs and his battle to cure Clone Rot, and the Rathuum arena where Grineer are sentenced to death for crimes against their Queens. the Corpus on the other hand, only NOW are we getting some lore about their founders, and possibly info on how they existed alongside the Orokin as an outlawed faction, everything else has been to do with Nef Anyo or Alad V d1cking around and causing problems (Hostile Mergers, Patient Zero anyone?). only now will we actually learn about the history of the Corpus as a whole.

infested on the other hand, have one and a half planets (if you count the side of Mercury where they fight the grineer) and the dark sector nodes, of which there's only about 2 on each planet, and none on Lua or Kuva Fortress, ZERO alternately styled sub factions: Infested look the same no matter where they are. and aside form that one early game quest and the first bit of Glast Gambit, they get basically no mention in the story at large either. they desparately need a full overhaul: more variety, more places and reasons to encounter them. the only time anyone really gives a damn about infested is when Plague Star is up.

• Like 9

Grineer literally got updated almost every damn time while leaving the other factions behind. Here is some examples

1. Tubemen of Regor

2. Earth Rework

2. Gradivus Dilemma

3. Pacifism Defect

4. The War Within

5. Plains of Eidolon

6. The Old Blood

7. Empyrean Phase 1

Corpus only get 3 major updates in terms of faction addition

1. Fortuna.

2. Jovian Concord.

3. Upcoming Deadlock Protocol.

• Like 8

Yeah... no. As much as the Grineer is one of my favorite factions (with Infested being a close second), they have so much in terms of variety, presence, and are already pretty fleshed out lore. At *best*, I would like some more dynamic faction differences and sub-factions within them, such as Frontier Grineer focusing on a stealth-based abilities and techniques, where Kuva Grineer have a destructive but strict methods of execution. Something a long the lines that differentiate them a bit more besides different weapon and unit usage. And a fun sub-faction that I think could exist, is some sort of "Cult of Vor", worshiping their dead but forever existent father and leader, that they wish to bring back to flesh. It could be fun, but I'd probably wait for something like the Duviri Paradox or something involving Mercury for that (either Open World or Tileset).

But honestly, the other factions need more, especially the Infested. The Sentients just started to really appear, so that's fine that there's not much for them now. And I wouldn't really call the Corrupted their own faction, rather a sub of the Orokin. And I think a good and easier way to start that, is by adding more weapon and cosmetics related to those factions. Infested would be easy to do, and there's already a lot of creative ideas and weapons with them; I for one would really like to see more Mutalist weapons, because ya know, those are a thing.

Edited by Scruffel

grineer have....

space marines, frontier, arid, drekar, tusk, kuva, nightwatch (<= need a constant tileset or in invasions DE pls), and railjack veriants.

corpus have.

scrubs, tuna, gas..... thats about it.

grineer have too much love it seems like.

Well the Corpus got... 

1. Alad V in many different parts of the quests, with 3 versions of himself

2. Nef Anyo playing a clear role in Fortuna

3. Revamped boss fights

4. Complete overhauled maps

5. Abundant lore fragments (Fortuna, gas city, Khora)

6. Updates that carry lore with them.

7. Enemy variants and weapon variants.

See what Grineers have.

1. Big outer circle lores without depth, only added with cinematics.

2. PoE, where it's more about Cetus people, not the Grineer. Even then, Grineers are just re-skinned normal mobs.

3. Liches, yes. But still without context or lore.

4. Earth which is just a remaster, not a revamp or remake.

5. Ghoul data fragments? That's just one.

6. Same bosses.

7. Enemy designs with no real diversity.

Content wise, Grineer does have a lot. But it only is there for the sake of the game. No lore or fun. Corpus always comes next, building the update on the feedback on Grineer updates. Grineers are just lab rats. In-game wise and update wise. 

• Like 2

On 2020-05-28 at 6:43 PM, Gaikki said:

It's a sad truth. Grineers only get the beta version of everything, only to get stuck with it. The lore is provided only with the cinematic quests, which doesn't exactly provide any "inside" lore that explains details of things. Corpus is always loved more than anything, filled with meat and bones. on the lore, for crying out loud. 

Found an actual Grineer.

No srsly. You're wrong. You're..... very, very wrong there. Sorry.

The Corpus haven't got sh** in recent times. Except Salad V dialogue (Who's a good villain but who I am tired of seeing) and Nef Anyo.

>They even got main villains narrating

And Vor did.. like... what?

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Gaikki said:

1. Alad V in many different parts of the quests, with 3 versions of himself

Granted, but he's playing double-duty with the Infested. And technically triple with the Sentients.

1. Big outer circle lores without depth, only added with cinematics.

And Grineer get cinematics, so lets call that even. Salad was a side-character in TSD, it doesn't count - 

2. Nef Anyo playing a clear role in Fortuna

At first, yes, but...

2. PoE, where it's more about Cetus people, not the Grineer. Even then, Grineers are just re-skinned normal mobs.

Vey Hek sustains his villain role - having unique dialogue for all of the events, and being an active presence on the plains. Nef hasn't said a word since Fortuna's dropped, despite us blowing up 2/3 of his big expensive Orb Mothers.

3. Revamped boss fights

So have the Grineer. most of the fights have been revamped, honestly. Corpus have the only one that hasn't been - Sergeant.

3. Liches, yes. But still without context or lore.

Still something they have the Corpus don't.

4. Complete overhauled maps

Their first map wasn't even made for them. As such, for half the game's life, they were getting sloppy seconds to a beta. Even the Crewman model is ripped from Dark Sector assets. As such, their aesthetic wasn't actually their aesthetic for the longest time.

5. Abundant lore fragments (Fortuna, gas city, Khora)

Grineer got most of the plot though. And they still have quite a bit of Lore - synthesis imprints and the Kuria being the big ones.

5. Ghoul data fragments? That's just one.

As above, they've gotten a lot of other lore sources too.

6. Updates that carry lore with them.

Grineer got the main plot. So lets call that even. Even with Cetus, they facilitated us learning more plot-relevant stuff about Sentients and the Orokin, whilst Fortuna's relatively speaking a side-story isolated from the rest of the lore.

7. Enemy variants and weapon variants.

Most of their variants are just as reskinned, and the Grineer have at least as many variant weapons - if not more thanks to Kuva Weapons.

6. Same bosses.

What does this mean?

7. Enemy designs with no real diversity.

Just look at the enemies on Fortuna vs PoE. Far more Fortuna enemies are zerg-rushers, whereas PoE has air support of multiple flavours, multiple kinds of gap-closers, area denial, etc.

Many are re-skinned, but that's because their base enemy variety is better.

Edited by Loza03
  • Like 2

Grineer? No love? 

You don't know how much attention I give them daily my dear xD 
Warframe1887.jpg?width=1029&height=579

They are the funnest bullet sponges in the galaxy and their storyline is epic. I loved writing my own version of the Grineer Queens' quest. 
While the normal grunts are nothing more than huge inflatable plush toys (see above pic, they must weigh no more than a huge plushie :D) the bosses and kuva liches are absolutely detailed, vengeful and fun like an evil ex husband 😛

• Like 2

I love Grineer.  I want to be able to use the genetic foundry to grow a Ballista to have fight along side me and maybe provide a bit of company on the lonely old orbiter, someone other than Ordis, Helminth and my evil twin (who all are a bit disturbing).  Honestly though, the Grineer Ballista concept art was one of the things that got me into this game, I still love that model and don't want to see it changed even if it is currently used everywhere.