Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
Jade Shadows: Known Issues ×

Possible Usb Bug

Danny297

The other day a day or two after the latest update the usb drivers on my laptop got corrupted so now my mouse and my usb soundcard no longer work. I tried backing my computer up a couple days and it worked again for a day then bugged out again. Just to save time I'm gonna erase my hard drive and start over cause after awhile it gets buggy so I erase it again. My concern is that maybe the game somehow caused this bug cause its the only thing I've been doing on my laptop for a week or two. Also please note that my laptop is a couple years old so I'm still running XP professional. Has anyone else had this problem?

running XP on a 2-year-old laptop? How did that happen?

Afaik, the latest updates for windows 7 did contain some update that was the same for XP and was supposed to fix usb security or somesuch. Which required double restarts and was recommended to be installed alone.

Do yourself a favor and get Windows 7 (again?) on that laptop. It's something like 10 times more stable than XP and manages to run waaay better than XP on the same hardware.

running XP on a 2-year-old laptop? How did that happen?

Afaik, the latest updates for windows 7 did contain some update that was the same for XP and was supposed to fix usb security or somesuch. Which required double restarts and was recommended to be installed alone.

Do yourself a favor and get Windows 7 (again?) on that laptop. It's something like 10 times more stable than XP and manages to run waaay better than XP on the same hardware.

Yes, that, and newer games are not going to be supporting Windows XP any more. So it is good for the future as well.