Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Im Really Getting Kind Of Sick And Tired Of The Half Assed Invite System.

b4dkarm4

Session not available, room full, being paired up with hosts that are on dialup from somewhere in South America (yes really).

Is this what you're planning to launch with the PS4? Just ...... kind of ad hoc'd connection ability for different players. No safeguards or checks to ensure people in North America aren't joining a game hosted by someone in Scandinavia?

I get that the people who are creating new content aren't the same people who are doing the network functionality. So im not going to be so ignorant as to claim you should stop putting out more content. However, what assurances if any can you give the community that you ARE in fact working on this?

Are you planning on making inviting players into rooms more user friendly? typing out /invite, searching through the recruiting room list or asking people to friend you are NOT exactly easy or user friendly.

Why cant we right click on players names IN the room to invite them? How are you going to work around this for the PS4? Are you going to ask PS4 players to plug in a keyboard in order to type out /invite every single time they want to invite players to a room?

Are PC players going to get some kind of bone tossed at them sometime soon and get online functionality fixes (lag, invites, glitches, weird S#&$) sometime before the PS4 launch or should we just go play something else until you get around to sorting the PC players out?

This is the worst part of the game for me, and for a while just stopped trying and either soloed my keys and didn't do the ones i couldn't.

It is a lot better but still a pain to deal with. I used to fail at least 85% of the tries and now it isn't so bad. still annoying to have to keep regrouping after every void though.

considering that PS4 is x86 architecture now, "porting" games back and forth is no more a so big deal. Not as big as with PS3 anyway.

So I assume that they will implement a decent UI for PS4 and move it to PC as well.

Because seriously. Text commands? I mean really? in the 21th century only Linux still relies so heavily on that.

As for netcode.... yeah, it's clearly needed some kind of smart-ish host choosing system, and a decent way to avoid matching people with horribly laggy hosts.

Edited by bobafetthotmail

Guest DeadGoanna

I used to barely have trouble with the invite system but now I'm getting more of the "Unspecified Player" error happening.

It's annoying when trying to run a few fast voids or derelicts. 

Why cant we right click on players names IN the room to invite them? How are you going to work around this for the PS4? Are you going to ask PS4 players to plug in a keyboard in order to type out /invite every single time they want to invite players to a room?

You can right click the players name in the right side of the chat box. Sometimes you may have to left click before though for it to work.

Edited by DeadGoanna

I can already see all the rage when this broken game launches on PS4.

Can you imagine the average PS4 kid patiently waiting three and a half days for his new warframe to finish crafting (after he grinded at least a few hours to get all the blueprints, resources and credits in the first place)?

Or when he gets disconnected three times in a row while trying to do a high reward alert that's about to end?

DE only has a month left to fix these issues and a lot of others. With the current pace they're never going to make it.

Edited by EvilSummoner

Funny story.

I connected to a host so laggy it turnt my Saryn into Default Excalibur holding all my weaponry.  I was playing like this for maybe half the mission.

Another one (U10)

Host was so laggy...that Vauban's Vortex started to pull us into it...........so laggy the game went back to update 9?  Had to see it to believe it...we were all baffled.........did Vauban vortex really just suck us in lol...really thnk about that

DE only has a month left to fix these issues and a lot of others. With the current pace they're never going to make it.

Isn't it Sony's call when/how to "publish" Warframe to the PS4?

Soooooo if DE ain't up to par..what happens?

Sony either gives them more time or drops them, right?

Isn't it Sony's call when/how to "publish" Warframe to the PS4?

Soooooo if DE ain't up to par..what happens?

Sony either gives them more time or drops them, right?

Both sides agreed on launching the game on the release date for PS4 (14 november for America and 29 november for Europe)

DE has already said that they will push it through and launch it as soon as possible (in open beta form). And Sony will probably accept it since it makes them more $$$.

Edited by EvilSummoner

Althrough I agree with OP, I think it's not a biggest issue we have at hands.

10.3.0 brings a lot of good things - game's UI finally is getting improved, bugs getting fixed, grinding being reduced - this is what important! I hope game will keep going in this direction, inviting system overhaul can wait.

After playing a lof of different MMOs I have no problem with typing /invite <name>. I'm actually pretty used to this. Neither I have problems with connecting people from a different timezone/country/continent if we have a good ping to each other (and we usually do).

Back on the topic, I find Steam invintation interface the best so far.

Edited by SonicSonedit

Host was so laggy...that Vauban's Vortex started to pull us into it...........so laggy the game went back to update 9?  Had to see it to believe it...we were all baffled.........did Vauban vortex really just suck us in lol...really thnk about that

Happens to me still.

When a bit of lag pops up, it sucks me in for a second.

10.3.0 brings a lot of good things - game's UI finally is getting improved, bugs getting fixed, grinding being reduced - this is what important!

Grinding being reduced? O.o

What bugs have been fixed? I only see minor stuff.

What game are you playing?

It's like DE doesn't play their own game sometimes... these systems for the vault and others for weekend events REQUIRE people for a better chance of playing.

Yet the invite system can be so buggy at times it's almost unbearable, and im in a high activity location, and my bandwidth is better then average.

Thank you for this thread.

As a game based entirely on multiplayer coop, I am still appalled at the points you mentioned.

Why is this game so user unfriendly in terms of party and internet and connections?

No matter how fun a game is if you have an unpleasant experience in the basic mechanics it will ruin the fun.

10.3.0 brings a lot of good things - game's UI finally is getting improved, bugs getting fixed, grinding being reduced - this is what important! I hope game will keep going in this direction, inviting system overhaul can wait.

After playing a lof of different MMOs I have no problem with typing /invite <name>. I'm actually pretty used to this. Neither I have problems with connecting people from a different timezone/country/continent if we have a good ping to each other (and we usually do).

Back on the topic, I find Steam invintation interface the best so far.

I think it is more how inefficient grouping in general is, and how you'll get failed, full, requires host, unavailable, etc.. also how u have to regroup iafter a void, or everytime someone fails to connect bc they will still be counted and will give the full bug, or how u have to zoom into a planet and stuff

Warframe (Beta)?

Warframe Beta™

I think it is more how inefficient grouping in general is, and how you'll get failed, full, requires host, unavailable, etc.. also how u have to regroup iafter a void, or everytime someone fails to connect bc they will still be counted and will give the full bug, or how u have to zoom into a planet and stuff

Yeah, it is annoying but doesn't block playability like huge grindfest, broken drop tables, unable to use/see something, etc

Edited by SonicSonedit

what I want to know is why there isnt the ability to HOST online sessions outside of starting with a premade party. I know I have a decent connection, give me the option to start my own mission and let people join instead of just half-assing it. Use your full &amp;#&#33; or none at all.

Being able to click player names in chat for the option of inviting is nice too.

And can someone tell me...... when I want to start a mission, I can invite anyone in the recruiting channel without any problems. But when I want to invite people from my clan, I need to put them on my friend's list first? Completely silly I tells ya

Yeah, it is annoying but doesn't block playability like huge grindfest, broken drop tables, unable to use/see something, etc

New derelict vault needs 4 people to have a 100% chance of opening a vault. At least 7% of players suffer from strict NAT (quote from DE) this is almost 1 in 10 players!! They either have to solo vaults with only 25% of being able to open the vault, or forgo it altogether. De has also implemented a change, where if you are dc'd from host, you cannot get reinvited. I have gone to derelict, used my key, and got disconnected.

DE's attitude has started to make this directly affect playability.

If this is advertised as a co-op game, and the developers are actively pushing players to play in a group. The invite system, connectivity, and player to player communication should not be this horrible.

Dare I say it, even nexon games doesn't have this kind of problem.

Yeap the really need to fix the networking in the game. The first thing is CHECK the players connection and if they have a pidgeon messenger for a network then DONT LET THEM HOST. Say "sorry but your connection is from the stoneage, you can play solo or join others"

Yes, thank you for creating this thread. This issue has been bugging me since the start for me as well. They mentioned that they want cross platform play between the PS4 and PC gamers. With the current issue we have JUST on PC itself, I honestly doubt the port merge will be a good idea.