Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Arbitration Host Migration Bug

(XBOX)DropTheMike17

I was trying to complete this week's Nightwave survival in an arbitration with a pub group tonight. A couple of the players were dying, and I was reviving them but the host decided to leave after 15 minutes along with another player. At the time they left the other player was dead and I was the only one alive. The host migration switched to the dead player, who obviously can't complete the mission so I think it your scripts just had his mission complete (best guess). This created a problem where I could not successfully migrate and I lost everything. Please fix how host migrations work in arbitrations - this occurs far too often either by migrating to someone dead or migrating to someone who then quickly exits (before the migration completes) leaving players with nothing for their time.

Instead of migrating based on order people entered the mission please use some of the data available to decide where to migrate. If a player is dead they should not be a viable host for migration since that causes the migration to break. Alternatively you could just break up the party and have everyone migrate to their own instance of the mission. At least that way they wouldn't lose all their work.

This is a bug across the board where a host migration of ANY kind can result in the loss of anything gained during that mission.  Lost multiple 1+ hour loot from arbitration, lost profit taker loot, lost XP from hydron.  Just one of the major bugs thats been in the game for over a month and needs to be addressed.  

• 1 month later...

Bumping this thread, as it's been a day one issue for the arbitration game mode.

I don't believe it's a bug, per say -- It's more a technical oversight with how players render into missions when host migrations occur.

When the host leaves the match (either through extraction or aborting the mission) and the host migration puts a dead player as the host, the new host is the first to load into the map, and due to the fact that arbitrations require another player to revive you (and that the new host is dead, obviously), the mission fails by default because the other players cannot load into the map, and the host is the only one who has rendered into the match.

There's also an issue where if Player 1 (the original host) extracts from the mission, and the host migration is forced unto Player 2, if Player 2 enters extraction before any other player renders into the map the mission ends with the new host obtaining all arbitration rewards, while every other squad member gets NO ARBITRATION REWARDS.

Host migrations are awful overall.

Host migrations during an arbitration is downright abysmal and completely ruins experiences of any other player who is not the new host.