Sign in to follow this  
TARINunit9

Did one of the Corpus dropships get removed?

The Corpus used to have two dropships on the Vallis -- a weaker unarmed one, and a stronger armed one, just like the Grineer on the Plains. But I haven't seen the weaker one in quite some time. And there's almost no documentation about them either, so it's hard to search through the patch notes

Pictures of the dropship in question are in this thread and this picture

• Like 7

Same. It's been gone for at least a few patches now.

Posted (edited)

Seems they quietly retired it as an open air platform looks like a bad idea for the theme of extreme cold.

Maybe they will re-use the model for a different location.

Looks like they also gave up on making the gunship dropship work correctly on the gas tileset. Now you momentarily see it as it takes off, but it wont engage you anymore.

Edited by Firetempest

yeah, it's just the regular Condors now. maybe they were bugged somehow? idk, maybe DE didn't like it's design that much.

They still exist as static models at some of the bases you can capture. Can confirm I have not seen any flying about either.

• Like 1

Wouldnt be the first time the spawns of a specific encounter bug out completely. The grineer bombers on the plains, the tusk ogmas, just never spawned at all for a long time after being in more or less every encounter on the plains when it released.

It's more than likely bugged. 3 ship variants, the Vapos Condor Dropship, the Vapos Condor Elite Dropship and Vapos Aquila are all bugged on Jupiter to never spawn, making their codex entries impossible, so I wouldn't doubt others are.

43 minutes ago, Drachnyn said:

Wouldnt be the first time the spawns of a specific encounter bug out completely. The grineer bombers on the plains, the tusk ogmas, just never spawned at all for a long time after being in more or less every encounter on the plains when it released.

I concur to some extent. There has been a period of like 6 months to a year where I never saw Tusk Ogmas. But I saw them as recently as a month or two ago when I was last running lots of PoE bounties. I remember shooting a few out of the sky (to be sure, these were Tusk Ogmas with their unique sounds)... still very rare encounters!

Gerade eben schrieb nslay:

I concur to some extent. There has been a period of like 6 months to a year where I never saw Tusk Ogmas. But I saw them as recently as a month or two ago when I was last running lots of PoE bounties. I remember shooting a few out of the sky (to be sure, these were Tusk Ogmas with their unique sounds)... still very rare encounters!

I think they returned with the plains of eidolon economy revisit last year.

Posted (edited)
48 minutes ago, Drachnyn said:

I think they returned with the plains of eidolon economy revisit last year.

Let's see. We can narrow this down by vaultings/unvaultings as relics tend to be available in bounties (and I favor PoE over OV).

I stopped seeing Tusk Ogmas some time after Nova Prime was vaulted last (after January 29th 2019). I spent a few months regularly in PoE to max Ostrons and Quills and they stopped spawning while I was in this process. I think this is when Frost/Ember Prime were available. Then Volt/Loki Prime were void-exclusive and so I wasn't playing PoE for these. So by the time I was farming PoE for relics for Nyx/Rhino Prime and prime weapons, I didn't see a single Tusk Ogma. I also didn't see a single Tusk Ogma in the several dozens of runs I did for Saryn/Valkyr Prime relics and their weapons.

I started seeing Tusk Ogmas again after Oberon/Nekros were unvaulted while doing PoE for relics or perhaps for Nightwave standing (definitely saw them during the end of Nightwave Intermission while doing catchup PoE bounty Nightwave challenges!).

So by my recollections:
Tusk Ogmas vanished: ~Between Jan-March 2019
Plains of Eidoln remastered: April 2019 (Update 24.6) ... definitely no Tusk Ogmas to be seen after this update.
Tusk Ogmas reappeared: ~Feb 2020-May 2020

Edited by nslay
That's right... I was running PoE for Tigris Prime and Galatine Prime relics
  • Like 1

Oh wow now that you mention it, yeah I haven't seen them for a really long time. It might be because they were bugged half the time. They were always spinning in the air.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, anarchy753 said:

It's more than likely bugged. 3 ship variants, the Vapos Condor Dropship, the Vapos Condor Elite Dropship and Vapos Aquila are all bugged on Jupiter to never spawn, making their codex entries impossible, so I wouldn't doubt others are.

Aquila still spawns as of last night. And I've seen the tail end of a vapos take off from a T intersection tile and warp out quickly. Some time this last week. They just have not attacked anyone as a gunship for a looonging time and I think they just gave up on them as a enemy missle boat. Could still be a bug. 🤷‍♂️ I know OV dropships still can't properly drop ospreys correctly for years.

7 hours ago, Firetempest said:

Aquila still spawns as of last night. And I've seen the tail end of a vapos take off from a T intersection tile and warp out quickly. Some time this last week. They just have not attacked anyone as a gunship for a looonging time and I think they just gave up on them as a enemy missle boat. Could still be a bug. 🤷‍♂️ I know OV dropships still can't properly drop ospreys correctly for years.

Where's the Aquila spawn? I've been all over Jupiter looking for it.

Also there's some sort of difference with the dropship that only appears leaving as you enter the tile, the codex scanner doesn't even register it as being there.

iirc Tusk Ogma was taken out of the game completely long time ago after players complained they are too tough to deal with. lol

On 2020-05-29 at 3:32 PM, anarchy753 said:

Wow! Never had any idea about them! 

On 2020-05-29 at 10:46 PM, anarchy753 said:

Where's the Aquila spawn? I've been all over Jupiter looking for it.

It's still on the same tiles, it just has a much lower spawn chance.

If I remember correctly I saw that same ship on europa in the big open area where extractors usually are

I'm starting to develop an impression about the Tusk Ogma, maybe they only spawn when a certain alert level is reached on the Plains, similar to certain units showing up on the Vallis when an alert level is reached.

Those ships had the tendency to bug the enemies dropping from them, Ospry's specifically would stay far up in the sky and not descend after the ship moved on or was destroyed....quite annoying but also sometimes beneficial (container capture).

Haven't seen them either.

Which is shame because they were interesting and were more of an industrial platform which fits greatly with the Venus Orb Vallis setting.

So... why remove it?

6 hours ago, Acersecomic said:

Haven't seen them either.

Which is shame because they were interesting and were more of an industrial platform which fits greatly with the Venus Orb Vallis setting.

So... why remove it?

Sometimes enemies dropping from them would get stuck up in the air and not descend, sometimes disrupting bounty completion.  

OK here, thank you all for the responses.

At least the dropship's model is still in the game, because I found it parked on a landing pad the other day at like... Transit Depot or something