Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Things that will inspire me to return to Warframe...

Sweeney

Account merging/transfer, if not full cross-platform play.

Credits/Endo/Ducats are all combined into one balance. Combine inventory (blueprints, mods, parts etc.) with the exception of quest items.

Refund all platinum purchases post-merge. At least the ones spent in the ingame store. After all, odds are players bought the same color palettes and cosmetics on multiple platforms when they only should need to buy them once. Or they bought forma to polarize items they already polarized on other platforms. You get the drift.

If you bought multiples of the same Prime pack on different platforms, you can either convert the duplicates into their Platinum equivalent, keep them, or pick a different past or present pack. This includes different dual packs. So if you bought Loki Prime in different packs (Ember and Loki, Volt and Loki) that Loki is considered a duplicate purchase.

Story reset. Start the game from the beginning of the campaign. Alignment/Greed choices also reset.

Limited time events. Stop doing them. All events should be regularly occurring, like the Ghoul event and Thermia Fracture event. Stalkers Acolyte can remain a rarer event, as can the Plague Star event. The rarity of those events are what make them special. They're still technically reoccurring, so it's fine.

Events that have an impact on the main storyline- Tubemen of Regor, Shadow Debt- need to be recreated as single player quests and inserted into the storyline proper. Your timeline is broken without them. I realize there is obstacles to this. Make it happen anyway. It simply can't be left as is. Period.

Nightwave episodes linked to individual account. If you just joined, you'll start with Wolf of Saturn Six and progress from there at your own pace and move on when you're ready. No more FOMO.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Sweeney said:

I don't expect you to heed this, but I have to try.

If you feel the need to state it your thread has already failed. Personally, I would remove the thread due to your total lack of explanation on any point. It really helps if you explain why you think this is a good idea.

20 minutes ago, Sweeney said:

DE was looking at Cross-progression. Just wait.

21 minutes ago, Sweeney said:

Credits/Endo/Ducats are all combined into one balance. Combine inventory (blueprints, mods, parts etc.) with the exception of quest items.

Bad idea. Why do we want credits/endo/ducats combined? I don't know what a combined inventory is. It sounds like a massive mess.

23 minutes ago, Sweeney said:

Refund all platinum purchases post-merge. At least the ones spent in the ingame store. After all, odds are players bought the same color palettes and cosmetics on multiple platforms when they only should need to buy them once. Or they bought forma to polarize items they already polarized on other platforms. You get the drift.

Refund to items or platinum? Suggesting that DE refund thousands of dollars is unlikely to amount to much. We may get non-consumables refunded, but that is about all.

24 minutes ago, Sweeney said:

Limited time events. Stop doing them.

Name one in the last two years. All events I have seen have been stated to be 'returning in the future'.

25 minutes ago, Sweeney said:

I realize there is obstacles to this. Make it happen anyway. It simply can't be left as is. Period.

Why? This is why you have to explain things. I see no reason for DE to bother honestly. If it was going to get done it would have happened already. 

26 minutes ago, Sweeney said:

Nightwave episodes linked to individual account. If you just joined, you'll start with Wolf of Saturn Six and progress from there at your own pace and move on when you're ready. No more FOMO.

No, they really don't. Keep it as is. Cosmetics and things may return later. Just leave it as is. How many games have you played with a battle pass/season system that works the way you are suggesting? I have played zero, they all work the way NW does now.

• Like 3

27 minutes ago, Sweeney said:

no thanks thats sounds really bad

27 minutes ago, Sweeney said:

Story reset. Start the game from the beginning of the campaign. Alignment/Greed choices also reset.

ohm... why excatly?

28 minutes ago, Sweeney said:

Limited time events. Stop doing them.

literally every free to play game has these there's no prooblem with them at all 

30 minutes ago, Sweeney said:

Events that have an impact on the main storyline- Tubemen of Regor, Shadow Debt- need to be recreated as single player quests and inserted into the storyline proper. Your timeline is broken without them. I realize there is obstacles to this. Make it happen anyway. It simply can't be left as is. Period.

the only good thing in this post is this one little segment

30 minutes ago, Sweeney said:

pretty sure they said that nightwave is thier equivalent of battlepass
And there are a lot of wrong with this one.
So a fresh new player just comes in and that unkillable(for him) wolf hunts the poor dude?
As well as all of the nw events change the starchart to some degree.
I still don't undesrstand the stalker as it is rn since he got changed during the second dream, that means every new player who hasn't done that yet hunted by the old(and better imo) stalker or they simply don't even see him until the second dream? wich lowers the impact a lot.
And now you want to tell me that the wolf and his gang, the immortal lantern boys and glass fissure should happen the same time? what heppens if a glass fissure makes the wolf into a glass wolf? how do you deal with that? forcing everyone into solo until they catch up?

5 hours ago, Sweeney said:

Not going to happen. Due to the differing plat prices on different platforms prime part values are very different and the market would explode with plat-making exploits. Same with rivens. This is why some items could not be transferred in the recent Switch transfers. Also, if Excal Prime appeared on console accounts there would be riots.

5 hours ago, Sweeney said:

Honestly, I'd like this having missed out on some of them but there is a reason. I saw an explanation somewhere ages ago and it was either the mechanics didn't fit anymore or the assets (art, 3d meshes) that were just too old or something,

• Like 1

So you want easy ducats and infinite platinum? Quests can be replayed by going to the codex and pressing the replay button (not about to click it to find out if it works for the main questline but they do have the button as well. suit yourself if you wanna click it), limited time events are one of the things that can keep a game running and exciting, but the lore should be more obviously available/introduced somewhere I agree. Nightwave rewards aren't exclusive to their season and I think you may just be able to watch whatever little story a nightwave had at a later date, so what does it matter?

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Sweeney said:

Talk to Sony.  historically they're the ones who are holding back cross-platform actions.  They did it to Rocket League (to the point where the Devs "accidentally" turned on cross-platform themselves one day, only shutting it off when Sony called and said No).  Maybe when the PS5 drops this winter, you'll see some advancement.

To your first sentence: no, that is not a good idea.  They serve different purposes.  Credits exist as a fiat grind currency, exchanged for goods and services (such as buying BP or constructing items).  Endo exists as an investment to empower the player by ranking up mods, and Ducats act as a "sink" for players to exchange valuable items and prevent a market destabilization.  Because relics are functionally infinite, and prime parts are of limited utility to any individual, Baro's personal currency requiring the exchange of prime parts for ducats means that your inventory isn't drowning in useless relics that have no use to you or value to anyone else.

As for a combined inventory (not really sure what that means): escape->equipment->inventory.  first tab is "all".  That's everything you own in a pile.

Okay, after reading the whole of your post, i determined what you actually want is for your console inventory to merge with your PC inventory.  Again, talk to Sony.

This would require an astronomical amount of bookkeeping for your hypothetical future merged players.  All i can say is, you played in two separate instance, your walled gardens, and you used the same toys in each one.  But when the big move comes, i'm not sure if you'll get tot take those toys, or if they'll compensate you in other ways.  DE are kind benefactors, but you're asking for a lot of records to be combed through.

If you bought multiples of the same Prime pack on different platforms, you can either convert the duplicates into their Platinum equivalent, keep them, or pick a different past or present pack. This includes different dual packs. So if you bought Loki Prime in different packs (Ember and Loki, Volt and Loki) that Loki is considered a duplicate purchase.

Okay, we're still on the hypothetical super-merger.  Talk to Sony.

No.  We're not done with the first one yet.  It's an MMO. the story moves forward with or without you.

Limited time events. Stop doing them. All events should be regularly occurring, like the Ghoul event and Thermia Fracture event. Stalkers Acolyte can remain a rarer event, as can the Plague Star event. The rarity of those events are what make them special. They're still technically reoccurring, so it's fine.

They haven't done a one-and-done limited time event in about three years now.  All current and future events are recurring.

Ehh.  I started playing long after those events, and yeah, timeline is a little sideways, but it's the origin system.  I can always ask about it.  I'd rather enjoy if those events returned... mostly so i could get the ignis wraith BP for my clan, but i'm not exactly "period" level severity on it.  If DE has the free time and could give players a version of the quests, that'd be *fine*.

Nah.  Dude, you only need to do 60% of the nightwave to get 100% of the rewards.  it's a extremely forgiving and free battle-pass equivalent.  Besides, if it was "at your own pace" there wouldn't be an incentive to log in every day or three to check for the new little challenges.  Not to mention, if you DID miss something, there are other means of getting it.  Want the wolf sledge?  wolf beacons.  Want the infested glaive thingy i can't remember the name of?  Hey- the mission is on the derelict as a new fight.

On 2020-05-29 at 12:19 AM, krc473 said:

*snip*

This is the Warframe feedback forum. Every thread tends to get derailed, and the mods solution is almost always to lock it.

Case in point: Why call it a bad idea when you openly admit you have no idea what I'm even talking about. Doesn't that seem needlessly antagonistic? Just saying.

As a courtesy, I'll explain it to you once. When cross progression is implemented, which progress gets carried over to all platforms? And what progress gets overwritten?

Some of us have already invested months into each platform. Should our efforts be erased? No. Obviously not. Now THAT would be a BAD IDEA.

Hence, merge the balances. 2 billion credits on Switch and 4 billion on PS4? Congrats, you've got 6 billion credits on your new merged balance.

Same for Endo, Mods and Items. I should be allowed to keep the stuff I worked for, and I don't appreciate you saying otherwise.

Also, no money would be refunded and I never said it should be.

Platinum is a virtual currency that DE controls. It would cost them nothing to convert duplicate purchases into Plat like I suggested.

As for limited time events that have never returned- the two I mentioned are key examples. Shadow Debt comes back as Stalker's Acolytes, sure, but never in it's entirety.

Also, screw battle passes. They're literally designed to emotionally manipulate consumers, and they aren't even shy about it.

Just because it's the industry standard doesn't mean it's okay. Warframe used to pride itself on being better than that.

On 2020-05-29 at 12:26 AM, AltairFerenc said:

*snip*

Skipping over the parts I already answered above and stuff that doesn't feel relevant to the thread, The Wolf of Saturn Six attacking players in missions on the starchart was a design oversight on DE's part. He should stay on his own node, where you can engage him at will when you're ready. That's the beauty of online games. They can get patched.

If a certain episode involves changes in the star chart, those different/extra nodes can be accessible when you're on the episode in question.

Players who are ahead should be able to swap to previous episodes at will, so they can help newer players.

21 hours ago, Shalath said:

Not going to happen. Due to the differing plat prices on different platforms prime part values are very different and the market would explode with plat-making exploits. Same with rivens. This is why some items could not be transferred in the recent Switch transfers. Also, if Excal Prime appeared on console accounts there would be riots.

Honestly, I'd like this having missed out on some of them but there is a reason. I saw an explanation somewhere ages ago and it was either the mechanics didn't fit anymore or the assets (art, 3d meshes) that were just too old or something,

Excalibur Prime and certain console exclusive items can be withheld from the merge.

The other items were eventually transferred I believe, just not right away.

20 hours ago, BlackCat500 said:

So you want easy ducats and infinite platinum? Quests can be replayed by going to the codex and pressing the replay button.

Your first question doesn't make sense, and there are certain parts of the story you can't replay.

16 hours ago, MythicPulse said:

Talk to Sony.  historically they're the ones who are holding back cross-platform actions.  They did it to Rocket League (to the point where the Devs "accidentally" turned on cross-platform themselves one day, only shutting it off when Sony called and said No).  Maybe when the PS5 drops this winter, you'll see some advancement.

Okay, after reading the whole of your post, i determined what you actually want is for your console inventory to merge with your PC inventory.  Again, talk to Sony.

This would require an astronomical amount of bookkeeping for your hypothetical future merged players.  All i can say is, you played in two separate instance, your walled gardens, and you used the same toys in each one.  But when the big move comes, i'm not sure if you'll get tot take those toys, or if they'll compensate you in other ways.  DE are kind benefactors, but you're asking for a lot of records to be combed through.

Okay, we're still on the hypothetical super-merger.  Talk to Sony.

Glad you were able to correct your misunderstanding without assistance.

And yes. I'm aware of all of that. It's largely the reason I initially ditched my PS4 Pro to begin with. 

I had grown tired of dealing with Sony as a whole.

Among a few other things. Like censoring Conan Exiles for it's US customers and not giving me a refund. I purchased it exclusively for the dong slider. 😬 That was the games entire hook.

Oh, and don't get me started on SOE (now Daybreak Games).

As for there not being reason to come back each day, of course there is. There's still gonna be daily and weekly NW tasks. And it will still take time to go from Wolf of Saturn Six, to Intermission I, to whatever the Infested one was called, to Intermission II, etc.

But if you go on hiatus for a couple months, you won't be SOL indefinitely. And you can watch the chapters play out organically, with new lore unlocking as you invest time into it. As if it was just another cinematic quest line, like War Within, Second Dream etc.

Think Animal Crossing: New Horizons

As for one time events like Shadow Debt and Tubemen of Regor that have resulted in the timeline getting effed to high heaven, they need to recreate those quests from scratch in the new engine. Otherwise, Warframe will remain broken.

And who leaves their game broken?

It doesn't matter what obstacles they face, what's broken needs to be fixed. It's just common sense.

1 hour ago, Sweeney said:

Some of us have already invested months into each platform. Should our efforts be erased? No. Obviously not. Now THAT would be a BAD IDEA.

Hence, merge the balances. 2 billion credits on Switch and 4 billion on PS4? Congrats, you've got 6 billion credits on your new merged balance.

Same for Endo, Mods and Items. I should be allowed to keep the stuff I worked for, and I don't appreciate you saying otherwise.

When you said that you wanted to combine them to one balance, we thought you meant put all values into one type of currency. Like Endo and Ducats are eliminated and their values are combined with your Credits.

Also, no money would be refunded and I never said it should be.

Platinum is a virtual currency that DE controls. It would cost them nothing to convert duplicate purchases into Plat like I suggested.

Platinum is a premium currency. Unless you got it from livestream/devstream plat lottery, all platinum are backed (or suppose to be) by real money. To refund plat because of your suggestion is DE basically giving players their (DE) money. Somebody bought that plat, refunding it eliminates a huge chunk of potential future-plat-purchases that would "normally" happen.

As for limited time events that have never returned- the two I mentioned are key examples. Shadow Debt comes back as Stalker's Acolytes, sure, but never in it's entirety.

Also, screw battle passes. They're literally designed to emotionally manipulate consumers, and they aren't even shy about it.

A level of fomo is necessary as it gets the players to play the game. Limited time events (not the ones that are reoccurring) are unique experiences, design to entice players to play more during that time period than they would normally if it didn't happen. For the game and the players, it creates a history of the experience and in some cases with rewards that is proof of that. While plenty of them can be implemented as a short quest to fill in gaps in the story, they shouldn't return as reoccurring events. DE has been generous with how they've handle it from extending the duration of an event to returning rewards in a different form. 

Edited by NekroArts

5 hours ago, NekroArts said:

When you said that you wanted to combine them to one balance, we thought you meant put all values into one type of currency. Like Endo and Ducats are eliminated and their values are combined with your Credits.

Platinum is a premium currency. Unless you got it from livestream/devstream plat lottery, all platinum are backed (or suppose to be) by real money. To refund plat because of your suggestion is DE basically giving players their (DE) money. Somebody bought that plat, refunding it eliminates a huge chunk of potential future-plat-purchases that would "normally" happen.

A level of fomo is necessary as it gets the players to play the game. Limited time events (not the ones that are reoccurring) are unique experiences, design to entice players to play more during that time period than they would normally if it didn't happen. For the game and the players, it creates a history of the experience and in some cases with rewards that is proof of that. While plenty of them can be implemented as a short quest to fill in gaps in the story, they shouldn't return as reoccurring events. DE has been generous with how they've handle it from extending the duration of an event to returning rewards in a different form. 

I couldn't even fathom such an idea before you said that.

And yes. It will be. You guys need to THINK. When cross progression is added, any players who make prime purchases going forward will have them on all platforms.

So wtf do you think happens to players who've already invested time and money into 2-4 platforms to buy the same things?

Obviously refunds have to happen, because the *well it's like Skyrim, you paid for the port argument* becomes null. Not that it was ever valid to begin with imo. 

We paid x2 to x4 for the same product. We were overcharged. At least in the context of cross-progression.

And FOMO can suck it. Encouraging players to continue playing by adding more content. Don't punish them for not playing during a specific time period.

On 2020-05-29 at 2:51 AM, Sweeney said:

like other have stated i like this idea as ive missed or just didnt feel like doing most events, i typically play solo and without a clan so if it requires those things and i cant public group for it, i cant play it, but having them being added to storyline in the way of quests would be nice even if it was just so i can get the story

nightwave episodes i like how even if you missed or didnt complete it or even play it you can still view all the story sections thru the tune in button under nightwave

On 2020-05-29 at 2:51 AM, Sweeney said:

this many other have stated why this isnt a thing, and you have stated your aware as well, besides the fact that consoles think theyll lose money from it, theres also the issue of current versions, in order for crossplay to work right all versions would need to remain the same, console companies like sony and microsoft require like a 14 to 18 day cert for updates before they put them online

which means even if DE had all the updates ready, consoles would be 14 to 18 days behind, if they passed, if they failed cert they gotta go thru it again so another 14 to 18 days

Sony is really feeling this currently as you can probably see from the bugs section the glassmaker update broke the touchpad on ps controllers, it wont save changes anymore, DE knows what the problem is, they forgot a small file, that they have ready, easy fix, except now PS ppl need to wait 14 to 18 days for that fix, and that runs into the next major updates launch window so they may end up just waiting it out till the next major update

i do believe we did have an account migration event but, it was part of the console launch of the game, believe it was also by limited supply, first come first serve as DE actually needed to copy your account stuff themselves, if you google it you can still find the directions right on the zendesk site

Edited by Tokens210

11 hours ago, Sweeney said:

As a courtesy, I'll explain it to you once. When cross progression is implemented, which progress gets carried over to all platforms? And what progress gets overwritten?

Lets be honest here. You really should have put this in your OP, it would have saved a lot of time. Your suggestion reads like it is all individual suggestions that don't necessarily relate to each other. It is a very different and more logical suggestion when you actually mention that this all relies on account merging.

• DE was looking at progress being saved across all platforms. It wasn't cross-play or anything. And items would be missing. Founder items, rivens, arcanes etc. Basically the stuff that wasn't transferred in the PC -> Switch.

My response was based on your poorly explained post - basically, ignore everything in my previous reply. I was assuming that you wanted to combine them into one unit, because you never stated "following cross-save/whatever the balances from different platforms will be merged". Platinum will not be transferable. It has different costs on PC to consoles, and console manufacturers get a share of the money when paid for on their platforms. Platinum has to stay separate per device.

Just because it's the industry standard doesn't mean it's okay. Warframe used to pride itself on being better than that.

If done right a battle pass is excellent. Look at the RDR2 one. When its a simple case of do whatever you want and play semi-regularly to get everything it is fine. When you have to heavily invest time into doing tedious challenges it is not great.

• A battle pass that rewards playing is what we need in WF. Not what NW is currently.

2 hours ago, krc473 said:

Lets be honest here. You really should have put this in your OP, it would have saved a lot of time. Your suggestion reads like it is all individual suggestions that don't necessarily relate to each other. It is a very different and more logical suggestion when you actually mention that this all relies on account merging.

• DE was looking at progress being saved across all platforms. It wasn't cross-play or anything. And items would be missing. Founder items, rivens, arcanes etc. Basically the stuff that wasn't transferred in the PC -> Switch.

My response was based on your poorly explained post - basically, ignore everything in my previous reply. I was assuming that you wanted to combine them into one unit, because you never stated "following cross-save/whatever the balances from different platforms will be merged". Platinum will not be transferable. It has different costs on PC to consoles, and console manufacturers get a share of the money when paid for on their platforms. Platinum has to stay separate per device.

If done right a battle pass is excellent. Look at the RDR2 one. When its a simple case of do whatever you want and play semi-regularly to get everything it is fine. When you have to heavily invest time into doing tedious challenges it is not great.

• A battle pass that rewards playing is what we need in WF. Not what NW is currently.

Some of the suggestions are related to each other, some aren't, and suggestions I would have added later might have been completely unrelated.

But now everyone's made such a cluttered mess of my thread, I'll probably just start a new one when it comes to it.

Cross progression means shared purchases between platforms. So the implementation of cross progression implies refunds of duplicate purchases. Period.

Otherwise literally every player who played on multiple platforms previously is screwed, while everyone switching platforms going forward only has to buy everything once. How is that fair or professional?

How many times are you going to require me to re explain that?

Cross progression means shared purchases between platforms. So the implementation of cross progression implies refunds of duplicate purchases. Period.

I never said anything about this not happening. Platinum is probably not going to be shared, so refunds would have to be sent to a chosen account. That is all I said on the matter. 

• You have to also understand that not all purchases would be shared. It seems unlikely that Tennogen skins would be for example. You pay real money on PC, but platinum on consoles for them. I am not sure if PA would be shared either. There is a totally different setup for these on consoles compared to PC. This could be adjusted to better suit cross-progression, but who knows if it will.

But now everyone's made such a cluttered mess of my thread, I'll probably just start a new one when it comes to it.

If you do this, make sure you properly explain your suggestion. If you don’t it will become cluttered again.