Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Falling through world on K-Drive in free roam

Heya, this is a very weird bug that I am regularly encountering that is killing my motivation to play in either the Plains of Eidolon or the Orb Vallis.

There's a pretty good chance that when I hop onto my K-Drive (I only have the very first one that you get from from the Vox Solaris quest line) in either of the free roam areas that the game decides whether or not the ground will exist for me. Should the game decide to not like what I am doing, my warframe will fall through the world and will keep falling until it hits the bottom of the world box. When that happens I am sent back just under the world of where I was trying to the K-Drive, which forces me to keep falling in an endless loop. (As a side note, since I never land on anything, my acceleration keeps increasing which leads to some nauseating visuals if I stay for long enough). The only way out that I have found so far of this endless fall is to quit out of whatever mission I was doing, which is making the current nightwave weekly task of doing 5 bounties in the Orb Vallis particularly frustrating.

This has happened to me six times so far in past two weeks and there's no pattern that I can discern as to why this happening. It is just as likely to happen on flat ground as it is on an incline, or from accessing the K-Drive from my gear wheel as it is from just hopping on it when it is already summoned.

I really would like to play in the free roam areas since there's the nightwave tasks as mentioned before but also I'd like to start hunting eidolons, but if I know that there's a good chance I'll have to quit out and lose all my progress, then I would rather just not go to either free roam areas. I don't know if this is a bug that specifically affects the starter K-Drive or all of them, but that might be the best place to start looking. I do not have the archwing launcher yet, which is why I mainly (try) to use the K-Drive.