Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

STILL no proper K&M keybinding support on console.

(PSN)ForNoPurpose

Since 2017 ps4 has had native Keyboard and mouse support. Xbox followed suit not long after.

When this occurred, warframe was one of several games to implement support for keyboard and mouse on console. As it is today i have them plugged in as a supplement and substitute for my controller.

Most Default PC keybinds function normally on console.

HOWEVER CHANGING KEYBINDINGS REMAINS UNACCEPTABLY UNSUPPORTED. 

On xbox, it is possible to access the keyboard bindings menu ONLY IF you use the mouse to open the options menu.

ON PS4 THE MENU IS COMPLETELY INACCESSIBLE.

so.. before its stated "its probably sony/Microsoft and DE cannot do anything about it".

Fortnight, minecraft, and most others that support keyboard and mouse on console HAVE THE KEYBINDING SUPPORT READILY ACCESSABLE.

Why is BASIC SUPPORT OF INPUT METHODS something DE has failed at?

I have been bringing this up, pointing it out since summer 2018 when the virtual mouse briefly made controller use untenable.

NO RESPONSES, NO CHANGES, NO EXCUSES, NOTHING.

This is my single biggest peeve and gripe with you Digital Extremes. I have been kind and polite with these specific posts in the past but i am out of patience.

If i can access keyboard and mouse keybinds for minecraft without having a keyboard and mouse plugged in ON MY PHONE, you can do this on PS4 and Xbox.

As a side note, keyboard and mouse on console is crippled in places by unnecessary chaining to the controller. Things like sending chat is impossible without pushing square on controller, you are forced to open a virtual keyboard just to use your ACTUAL keyboard to type. A option to toggle between controller and keyboard and mouse driven (near full pc setup) menus would be appreciated.

Edited by (PS4)ForNoPurpose
  • Like 4

yes it is real pain on console.

this is no fun , or hacking corpus console you need the controller.

quote:

As a side note, keyboard and mouse on console is crippled in places by unnecessary chaining to the controller.

hope [DE] make it , repair it and M Keyboard user push your  contribution.

i will use M+Keyboard but it is not comfortable

Anyone else?

Edited by (PS4)Qjing
  • Like 3

• 5 weeks later...