Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Grineer statues and tribunas drop dojo fps by a lot.

---RV---Maniac

When placing grineer statues in the dojo, the fps when looking at them, drops considerably.
144fps here (it's locked to that, so it would be higher)

ducOWJh.png

73 fps here
nVvDCGv.png

This is in the same room. However diferent view angles.

Tribuna statues (text decor) also have the same effect but less fps drop. However tribunas will drop your fps from anywhere in the dojo, even if you are standing in a room with no tribuna statues placed, as long as there are a lot of them placed in the dojo somewhere, your fps will drop.
Tribuna statues also affect loading screen times, as they have to be loaded into the dojo along with the room you spawn in. So if you place tribunas somewhere in the dojo, your clanmates loading times will increase.
AdpSlRb.png

As you can see here, tribunas built in rooms far away can still be seen and have to be rendered even if you are far away. Thus lowering your fps.

• Like 36

I mean, if you are asking to render 100 enemies along with a platform for each to stand on I think it's pretty common for your fps to drop. As for text I have no clue as to why they need to render them when you can't even see them, sounds like a good way to lose frames.

Obligatory "the human eye can't see past 60 fps so dropping to 70 is fine xd" followed by the obligatory "acktually if you have a 144hz monitor you can see past 60 fps. Can't believe people still believe this lie in 2020"

59 minutes ago, ---PV---HawkiKill said:

Issue is, dojo is made for alot of decorations to be used, but the Statues drop your fps unlike any other decor. we've tested spamming other decor, and statues and tributas are the worst for dps dojo wide

That in of itself should be obvious, it's asking to spawn an enemy for every decoration along with everything else in the dojo. Along with the platform they stand on. I'm sure if you were to go into a mission with that many enemies as host and look at all of them you'd drop a lot of fps as well.

For the tributas or text, I really have no clue as to why it can drop so much fps. I'd assume poor optimization.

Perhaps because those statues don't suffer from the geometric detail slider and are always shown at full quality.

Some decorations will become less detailed the further you are from them and the slider option determines the distance of this change. I don't mean texture wise, i mean the actual polygons will decrease until the decoration ends up being just 1 giant triangle.

Ofcourse, i can be wrong, it may be something else at play but i believe the statues aren't like a buda statue and only have 1 way to be displayed, full geometric quality in all distances.