Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Next Planet : Nibiru

.solitus

I want Nibiru in Warframe, with the 4th faction originating from it. Nbiru should be a special planet, it's fictional, yet it stirs some controversy over the 2012 apocalypse, some people claiming Nibiru aliens coming to earth, etc.

Nibiru should havthe highest level of enemies, and its own planetary base design. I have new ideas on the enemy, it could be the 4th faction, or the Sister Queen of Grineer, or the Stalker himself, in his homeworld of his own Tenno soldiers. It's so mysterious that the Lotus even forbids the Tenno to go there (in-game voice from Lotus)

Nibiru itself is only available in certain times of day (but don't make it like alert), only visible to the Tenno navigation system in certain times (perhaps appearing on screen 20 hours a day is enough).

Edit : ok, the last idea is kinda bad.

What you guys think?

Edited by XTenno

Know what I want? For people to stop giving their Paolini-level concept ideas to DE and let them finish the stuff they are already working on. For example, removing bugs, fleshing out the story, finishing models (removing placeholders), and trying to appease their massive audience of entitled ragers.

That's what I want. All the other stuff is for the birds. Warframe comes out of beta in a month. If you want a concept idea like this to happen, support DE and buy a founders pack. Flesh out your own idea and think about why it would and would not work.

Example: Time/effort taken to make new planet with new maps with new design with new faction whilst trying to complete a game. Remember also that the corpus gas planet is also being worked on at this very moment.

From there, think about how DE already has plans for their factions and are working on a story that revolves around Dark Sector and the technocyte virus-now how would your planet/faction/stalker/grineer sisters tie in with any of that. I'll assume you don't know the Dark Sector story, though.

Now think about how since you're talking whole new faction, we're looking at whole new weapons, whole new clantech, probably new mods to go with. Once more, man hours. Endless manhours.

From there, try to fathom after little-to-no sleep every night, sacrificed social time, gallons of caffeine, and probably a hospital visit for a few of DE's staff-this somehow comes into creation and is released. . . then is crapped on into oblivion because of people who have work, school, lives, etc that keep them from logging on at those certain times to access this content.

Think about how well that would go over.

I'd like to see Nibiru to be the source of all Infestation. And it's located on new system altogether.
Why infestation? Because  "new alien life form" that suddenly choose to attack the Tenno or something like that isn't really a good enough reason to fight for. At least for me.

Also, highest level? Will it exceed Neptune level? (70+) If so, I don't think it's a good idea, balance wise. Make it at par with Ceres, at least.

Know what I want? For people to stop giving their Paolini-level concept ideas to DE and let them finish the stuff they are already working on. For example, removing bugs, fleshing out the story, finishing models (removing placeholders), and trying to appease their massive audience of entitled ragers.

That's what I want. All the other stuff is for the birds. Warframe comes out of beta in a month. If you want a concept idea like this to happen, support DE and buy a founders pack. Flesh out your own idea and think about why it would and would not work.

Example: Time/effort taken to make new planet with new maps with new design with new faction whilst trying to complete a game. Remember also that the corpus gas planet is also being worked on at this very moment.

From there, think about how DE already has plans for their factions and are working on a story that revolves around Dark Sector and the technocyte virus-now how would your planet/faction/stalker/grineer sisters tie in with any of that. I'll assume you don't know the Dark Sector story, though.

Now think about how since you're talking whole new faction, we're looking at whole new weapons, whole new clantech, probably new mods to go with. Once more, man hours. Endless manhours.

From there, try to fathom after little-to-no sleep every night, sacrificed social time, gallons of caffeine, and probably a hospital visit for a few of DE's staff-this somehow comes into creation and is released. . . then is crapped on into oblivion because of people who have work, school, lives, etc that keep them from logging on at those certain times to access this content.

Damn, bro

They have stated that it will in fact still be in beta on PS4 (https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/117193-warframe-ps4-still-open-beta/), so unless I missed an announcement somewhere, Warframe will still be in beta in a month.

This. The Devs have already stated that Warframe will still remain a Beta upon the PS4 launch. 

As for the planet idea, I think it's neat, but a bit too much for the Devs atm. They already have a planet in the works, and I think that will satisfy me for awhile... Phobos did.

What the crap is Nibiru?

I fancy I would recognise the names of all planets, dwarf planets and major moons in our solar system, and that is not one

If I remember right, it's a mysterious, mythical planet who's appearance foretells the end of the world.

I'd like to see Nibiru to be the source of all Infestation. And it's located on new system altogether.

Why infestation? Because  "new alien life form" that suddenly choose to attack the Tenno or something like that isn't really a good enough reason to fight for. At least for me.

Also, highest level? Will it exceed Neptune level? (70+) If so, I don't think it's a good idea, balance wise. Make it at par with Ceres, at least.

The Infestation came from Earth during the Cold War...

at first:https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/117193-warframe-ps4-still-open-beta/

nibiru is awesome enough for a sci fi scenario.OPs idea is not so bad.it sounds dark and mysterious.

and tennos love to check out dark and mysterious thinks :D

I don't care what planet or what excuse they use so long as I can eventually get to fight a race of angry Alligator Samurai who wears their own Warframes.

Seriously. I don't care what the reason is. Just want it to be a thing.

Your priorities are messed up sir. Everyone knows that the planet we SHOULD be using is Cybertron. That's more important than upset lizard swordsmen any day.