Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Dont delete the old Corpus tileset from the game

Monolake

Seeing the trailer for Corpus reimagined it looks like the classic tileset is getting completely replaced, but I really hope it still remains in the game on some planet, please dont remove it entirely (like you did with Gas City sadly). Its a good tileset and is close to heart to the old players who's been with the game since the beginning. Also it adds variety if different corpus planets have different tilesets - both old and new.

Edited by Monolake
  • Like 3

like with Gas City, it... kinda will and kind won't? if you mean exactly as is i think you're going to have to hope a lot harder, but Gas City still has many of the old Tiles there, they just look different now. but the same layout/Et Cetera.

I think it would actually make sense if they didn't update the infested or crashed ice tile ships, if you think about them as older ship models. The way I see it, the corpus are just updating their ship models after years of being in an arms race with the Grineer and Tenno. You could apply the same logic to the gas cities being refitted for Alad V's new amalgam projects. That said, it would be nice if the old tileset was used on a few nodes, as it could represent older ships still in service. 

Of course, this is just a meta standpoint. The fact that the new tileset is going to have a lot of corpus lore attached will likely retcon the old design.

• Like 1

Replacing infested and crashed version involves more work. So no, no time for that.

Official reason should be: We changed the tileset because he Corpus is upgrading their ship, not because we changed it from the 4th wall. So in lore wise it will definitely make sense that infested and crashed version are of old tileset. 

Point successfully defended. lol