Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Scott expressed interest in a Sixth Focus School

Zahnny

2 hours ago, (XB1)Tucker D Dawg said:

New focus school? New Paths? don't see how they'd do it.

• If they add new paths, people with excess focus (refunded or or not) would be done with the "new content" on day 1. so no grind for long time players.
  • If they add a new school, they'd probably refund points so people could re-allocate - and back the previous problem -  no grind for long time players.

With 10-20million excess points in each existing school, there'd be nothing there to make old players grind.  and if there is one thing I've noticed is they don't like to add "content" that respects existing player stockpiles of anything - be it standing, resources, etc - always has to be something nobody has any of to make people do the grind all over again.😑

And? It's like not wanting the avionics change because you would end up having everything on day 1, and guess what, was a great and necessary change, just like focus schols needs that great and necessary change.

Edited by xHeretic
typo
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, SenorClipClop said:

I'd be really into a speed and mobility centric Focus school. With features like increasing Void Dash distance,

not to burst your bubble or anything, but Naramon has that already, it's even a Waybound. It's the "Mind Sprint" node and I'd consider it a must for your first waybound if you're unsure on what to get.

2 hours ago, (XB1)Tucker D Dawg said:

New focus school? New Paths? don't see how they'd do it.

• If they add new paths, people with excess focus (refunded or or not) would be done with the "new content" on day 1. so no grind for long time players.
  • If they add a new school, they'd probably refund points so people could re-allocate - and back the previous problem -  no grind for long time players.

With 10-20million excess points in each existing school, there'd be nothing there to make old players grind.  and if there is one thing I've noticed is they don't like to add "content" that respects existing player stockpiles of anything - be it standing, resources, etc - always has to be something nobody has any of to make people do the grind all over again.😑

The first point is simple to fix... just use Anomaly Shards as the focus fuel for the 6th focus school. Anyone with an enormous excess of Brilliant/Radiant Eidolon Shards will not be able to just cheese it like that.

The second point is contrary to how focus works. You can only convert focus (e.g. from Eidolon Shards) to a specific school and not just move focus points around schools. For example, you cannot just take your unallocated Madurai focus points and assign it to another school. It would be silly for them to reset focus because you'd end up with a pool of focus within each school exclusively usable only to those schools.

• Like 1

I just feel like an extra school would be a bad idea overall.

1. Focus is already an obscene grind when players reach it. Adding a new school adds a whole new set of lenses to build and a whole lot of nodes to grind, way more than just adding to the existing trees.

2. It seems like it would just be there so vets couldn't have it leveled day 1 from excess focus lying around.

3. It would need to be strong enough to compete with Zenurik (and Naramon) which would likely just push other schools even further out.

I really wish we could build our own tree from our unlocked nodes, still requiring 2 void dash nodes, 2 void blast, 4 passives, 2 void modes. It would give much more incentive to level up different schools and would give them relevance beyond "energising dash beats out all other bonuses."

• Like 3

IMHO, so i might be wrong, i think that if Zenuric's Energizing Dash is turned into a way bound skill, or a universal one from the get go, then atleast half of the problems plaguing the focus system will disappear. You wont have to choose between everything else, and then Zenuric (aka the school 90% of players use 'cause energy regen) 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Zahnny said:

yeah I suppose I should've put more effort into explaining it. It's not just the syandana, I want more focus schools but I don't want the old schools to  become irrelevant or meaningless. I'd like them to always be special for one reason or another. Plus I'm not sure how they will tackle The Second Dream if they add another, with dialogue, etc.

Easiest way to do that is add a school just for Companions. Penjaga Penjaga Pol is the Companion one, and I really doubt Companion buffs are ever going to invalidate anything.

• Like 1

I like the idea of a custom Focus school, one that would let me use Void Strike, Executing Dash, Protective Dash and maybe a weaker version of Energizing Dash at the same time, even at a high Focus cost to make them all 'waybound', that would be dope.

I'd honestly prefer working on the foundations.

Sure, the core powers we have are pretty decent (balancing aside), but they're limiting. They're all built around being stealthy, non-aggressive. Doesn't really work when you want to use them in any sense other than stealthy though. A defensive bulwark? An aggressive front-line fight? A healer? Anything in the line of fire, and those powers simply will not help you. Even Void Dash is too rigid to fluidly use outside of mid-distance travel.

I'd like to see more powers - maybe a non-focus means of unlocking them as well. Perhaps take some inspiration from other game's movement to give Operators mobility that's on par with Warframes without being a carbon copy. Flight or a more controlled glide honestly seems to fit them - especially since they used to hover all the time with their transcendence. Speaking of, can we have that, or at least something that has that aesthetic back? Because god damnit, I want my majestic energy wings/cape back.

Spoiler

Operator | WARFRAME Wiki | Fandom

12 minutes ago, Loza03 said:

I'd honestly prefer working on the foundations.

Sure, the core powers we have are pretty decent (balancing aside), but they're limiting. They're all built around being stealthy, non-aggressive. Doesn't really work when you want to use them in any sense other than stealthy though. A defensive bulwark? An aggressive front-line fight? A healer? Anything in the line of fire, and those powers simply will not help you. Even Void Dash is too rigid to fluidly use outside of mid-distance travel.

But we actually have those with unairu, madurai, zenurik and vazarin... Tell me, how making you invulnerable to damage and status while healing 60% of your life for 5 secs isn't healing or being just not worthy? How being invisible while making your allies also invisible and with 80% DR isn't a defensive bulwark? 

Edited by xHeretic
  • Like 1

Unairu = tank

Vazarin = healer

Zenurik = spellcaster

Naramon = rogue (crits)

Madurai = warrior

6th school = ???. Although a possible companion school sounds very interesting even if it means throwing the operator to the mercy of pet AI. Maybe a node that lets you force pet abilities to proc and bring along smeeta. An extra companion or companion immortality. More vacuum range.

Edited by (XB1)SirMilkfiend
  • Like 1

A new one would be fine but I would like to see Unaru and vazrin at least overhauled a bit to make it viable to use, maduri too, to a lesser extent at least it has void strike.   Addressing the issue of one Focus School being by far the best and only 1 other that is really viable at all to consider daily driving probably should get addressed first.

9 hours ago, xHeretic said:

But we actually have those with unairu, madurai, zenurik and vazarin... Tell me, how making you invulnerable to damage and status while healing 60% of your life for 5 secs isn't healing or being just not worthy? How being invisible while making your allies also invisible and with 80% DR isn't a defensive bulwark? 

I mean in their core moveset. The variations via the focus schools are nice are nice, to be sure but... going through the list, Void Blast is a 'keep away' at best, void mode is stealth through-and-through, and Void Dash is both.

None of those really scream 'front line fighter' and it shows. Madurai, for example, is supposed to be the aggressive school. But, ideally, you should still be utilising the other stealth-based abilities and playing defensively because the core moveset is that way. Having tried Vazarin for a while, it's healing is really effective, but it's also clunky because it's being worked into a moveset that just does not fit a healer. Trying to catch up with the hyperactive Tenno and use precision tools to hit them is a fools errand. And I don't count invisibility as a defensive bulwark because... well, that's stealth, not defence.

I guess they could make a "Loot" Focus school that essentially does what Hydroid/Nekros does.... 

Honestly 5 is already too many to begin with.... they should delete Zenurik and focus on the Energy Problem.... but seeing what happened after Vazarin Healing Rework.... I don't think I want that anymore... 

I was just thinking about Energizing Dash being a waybound if only to free it up from Zenurik. Obviously this would be a powerful waybound to have. Fortunately, I'm a Garuda main, so I don't ever feel the need to run Zenurik (I mainly run Naramon). But when I am using ability intensive frames such as Mag or Volt, Zenurik allows me to forego an efficiency mod or two to beef up another stat.

22 minutes ago, z3us32610 said:

I was just thinking about Energizing Dash being a waybound if only to free it up from Zenurik. Obviously this would be a powerful waybound to have.

Not really... Infact not all.... The Regen you get from Energizing Dash is merely okay... it allows you to supply your Warframe with enough energy to function in... maybe some Bounties and whatever.... its far too little to keep up with crap like ESO or many Builds that that go below 100% Efficiency in Missions where Spam is most Prevalent like Kuva Survival... ever since I got my Arcane Energize ive been havent been using Zenurik... and in Situations where I needed Energy I just Plonk down 3 Energy Pizzas Staggered by one or 2 Seconds (evens out the Energy gains)... 

The Reason why it would seem like it would be over powered to have Energising Dash in all Schools is simply because the game is just Greedy with energy in General... thus when a Measly 5Energy per second buff comes along you feel like an Energy Rockstar even if you all it lets you do is finally get use your Warframe Abilities at a more Consistent Pace... I mean... I ask you... does it feel normal for you to suddenly not be able to cast your Abilites because RNG decided it doesn't like you anymore ? ofcourse not... thats the Bottom of the barrel warframe Experience that herded so many players into Zenurik in the first place... Toilet Tier Gameplay is what that is... and they should fix that and remove Zenurik all together.

Spoiler

I mean... I guess its fine... whatever... Ive been playing with a Random assortment of Schools this past few days and my experience has mostly been consistent... I don't even remember what I have active Right now.... thats how indistinct the Schools are since they keep releasing Content where none of them have any advantage or significance... like... what do I even bring to defense now ? Naramon ? sure... Unairu ? whatever... Doesn't make a difference...

I think the only time I actually made a consious decision to switch schools, was when I was doing Kuva Siphons to get my Requiem Relics... I normally use Naramon for those because having a 20 Meter Wide Void Dash makes Capturing Kuva Clouds through walls so trivial... cant wait for them to nerf that.. lol... and when I was done... I couldn't be bothered to switch to anything else !!! I literally did a bunch of missions with naramon despite having no Melee weapon on me at all....

Oh I also used Madurai to hunt just once last week... but that was just because I wanted to see if anything change or got fixed since the 8months ive been gone.... Obviously that was wishful thinking....So that change doesn't count...

Wait !!! I just remembered I used Zenurik for the Profit Taker.... so thats another one...but thats only because I went with Chroma... had I not gotten a booster I would have gone with Inaros meme build and just used whatever I had active at the time....

and you know whats the worst part about all this crap is.... IT TOOK FOREVER to grind out and complete every single focus school... and this is the pay off !!!  and you know... thats not even the worst part... the worst part is freaking Magus Cloud doesn't give Madurai's Blazing Dash Thick Ass Flames like the Arcane's Description Implies that it does !!! if theres anything I want fixed first... its that... 

vor einer Stunde schrieb ILOHARTA:

what about fixing the previous five and making them useful, before moving to a sixth school?

Sadly DE works this way, introducethings, drop it for years and only provide some fixes at best but forget about it and introduce the next shiny thing becasue they need new players for money.

I love this game but why i hate online games in general, they life to long at times and this whole "games as a service" thing overall is bad for the gaming industry, Warframe, WoW, Dota, LoL, they all need to die now, they exist far to long and only bring more bad things sicne they are not allwoewd to evolve in good ways and at worse bring things like Fortnite as its own concept in a lazy way, creativity is dead and thigns that have potential gets left in the dust. Or take bashing and years to shine agian when its to late, No Mans Sky *coughs*.

5 hours ago, Loza03 said:

I mean in their core moveset. The variations via the focus schools are nice are nice, to be sure but... going through the list, Void Blast is a 'keep away' at best, void mode is stealth through-and-through, and Void Dash is both.

None of those really scream 'front line fighter' and it shows. Madurai, for example, is supposed to be the aggressive school. But, ideally, you should still be utilising the other stealth-based abilities and playing defensively because the core moveset is that way. Having tried Vazarin for a while, it's healing is really effective, but it's also clunky because it's being worked into a moveset that just does not fit a healer. Trying to catch up with the hyperactive Tenno and use precision tools to hit them is a fools errand. And I don't count invisibility as a defensive bulwark because... well, that's stealth, not defence.

You are forgetting, again, the 80% DR. But I understand your point, a cold take for my pov but welp, we will see in the future the vision of DE about those things. 

Edited by xHeretic
typo

1 minute ago, xHeretic said:

You are forgetting, again, the 80% DR. But I understand your point, a cold take for my pov but welp, we will see in the future the vision of DE about those things. 

80% DR that's entirely pointless because nobody's supposed to be shooting you if you're invisible.

Just now, xHeretic said:

AOE enemy attack exists

Which, depending on how many members of  your party are affected by invisibility and also nearby you, aren't getting instigated. We don't have the equivalent to Spy-checking in Warframe, after all.

Invisibility is busted in Warframe, honestly.

Just now, Loza03 said:

Which, depending on how many members of  your party are affected by invisibility and also nearby you, aren't getting instigated. We don't have the equivalent to Spy-checking in Warframe, after all.

Invisibility is busted in Warframe, honestly.

We have, they are called Hyekka Masters.