Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Broken button bindings

(XBOX)Kitty259

Certain bindings will break other things in the game. For example, the new conservation/fishing menus are broken if quick melee is bound to RB.... but, since we can't change the button for ability menu and it is forcefully bound to RB, this breaks both of those modes for players that choose to do that. They can't use the options for those menus are all.

The show level map binding is also forcefully bound to the back button, meaning that every single person who has bound something different to that button, has to remove and reset it everytime they launch the game.

In railjack, the ability menu is also forcefully bound to RB, meaning I could not even set it in my options since I had RB and LB set as bank right and left. I had to completely alter my control scheme to even have it set to be able to use tactical avionics, and now I can no longer change that binding to what I want it to be.

I feel like the devs are doing nothing to fix this and haven't been seeing the countless posts on your own forums and on reddit about the issue! This is completly game breaking for myself and many others, and it makes the game borderline unenjoyable. I would really appreciate to know if they are even working on a fix for this, as it is seriously affecting mine and many others gameplay.

Yes!!! All of this. I don't own a railjack yet, but I've noticed the permanent map bind to by Back button happen about 2 weeks ago when trying to throw the thermo canister. I had to reset my controller to default and use B for secondary fire. Which brings up a strange question: On default X button is both Interact and Reload, but why can't you customize a button for two actions?

I noticed the problem with fishing last night. I even tried using my keyboard attachment and nothing helps. One Amp item is bond to one fish that I can't get now because I can't change my bait. 

All you have to do is either create seperate control schemes for fishing and railjack, or mirror all controller scheme changes to railjack (ie My Warframe Abilities on R3 means Railjack Abilities on R3). And just turn off Melee when Fishing please!

• 3 weeks later...

Have to bump this.

I know there's a similar bug reported on the ps4 section which was acknowledged by a de staff member.   Nothing from there here.

Please de, when will you fix key bindings on xbox?

The left right d-pad buttons now cycle through abilities even when you have them bound to other actions.   This is incredibly annoying.

We are severely hampered on console for keys, we dont have a keyboard where every action can have it's own button.  Please fix this so the couple of buttons that were available can be used again.

• 2 weeks later...
On 2020-05-30 at 5:11 PM, (XB1)Kitty259 said:

Certain bindings will break other things in the game. For example, the new conservation/fishing menus are broken if quick melee is bound to RB.... but, since we can't change the button for ability menu and it is forcefully bound to RB, this breaks both of those modes for players that choose to do that. They can't use the options for those menus are all.

This is not true. It is tricky to move to another location, but it is untrue. To move your ability menu button, you have to do it from the ability configuration. For example, I have mine bound to my left bumper, but you can't directly move it there because of some conflict with another key. I had to move the Ability menu to some other random button, then move what was on the left bumper to where I wanted that function to go, THEN move the ability menu to the left bumper.

Now, I have no idea where you would like to move your ability menu to, but it is possible. I've also never had problems fishing... other then it typical jakieness of menus getting locked and can't move, but I've never had to reset the game for it. When the menus get all funky, I just swap weapons or something... I think it has less to do with key binding then anything else.

As far as everything else, I have no idea... I don't really bank in Railjack, but I do know I've bound them to the face buttons, like x and y or something like that... Like I said, I don't use them. I do know that I have no issues with anything else in Railjack. I can access and use all features.

If anyone needs help with setting up custom controller configurations just hit me up, either on here or if your on xbox, my name is the same...

Archived