Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

MorteNexus13

Do you think that exterminate mission needs an overhaul or is it fine in its current state?

I was thinking of reducing the number of enemies to kill between, let's say, 40 to 60 (if you want to finish the mission faster), but if the enemy trigger the alarms, the number of enemies to kill is doubled or tripled (depending on the planet, obviously). Thus, choosing whether to finish the mission quickly or gain a little more affinity and resources.

Why or for what? To give a little more depth to the mission. You know, you go on an exterminate mission and kill all the enemies, and you choose whether to finish the mission quickly or cause a big massacre, aka let them call the reinforcements.

This would be highly annoying for players using stealth exterminate to gain Affinity. They would have to trigger alarms and then hack the alarms to get "old exterminate" back in order to level Warframes or gain more Focus. Exterminate should be left as is.

6 minutes ago, MorteNexus13 said:

Why or for what? To give a little more depth to the mission.

Exterminate is fine as-is precisely because it's so simple.

You kill enemies. The end. Doesn't need to be more complicated than that.

Most if not everyone enjoys exterminate no matter how many enemies we need to kill. 

If you want a fast mission do capture

I would like to see some of the spawn issues sorted out.  For instance, sometimes when you're killing everything a little too quickly, you can arrive at extraction and not be able to extract.  I'm not talking about skipping enemies.

I would also like Lua Exterminate to be deeply examined and fixed.  The spawns on that node are just horrendous.  Enemies will appear out of thin air, right in front of you, in a way that just doesn't happen in other maps.

15 minutes ago, sunderthefirmament said:

I would like to see some of the spawn issues sorted out.  For instance, sometimes when you're killing everything a little too quickly, you can arrive at extraction and not be able to extract.  I'm not talking about skipping enemies.

I'm reminded of how exterminate used to be, where if you needed to kill, say, 56 enemies then exactly 56 enemies would be spawned, and not one more.

The problem of course was when enemies would spawn inside walls, or under the floor, or in some other situation where you couldn't directly attack them.  You had to hope that someone had either a weapon with sufficient punchthrough to hit them, or offensive abilities that ignore obstacles with sufficient range and damage to kill them.  Oh how I don't miss those days.

I'd keep exterminate simple...but I would add variants in hard and ultra hard where the enemy is composed similarly like the modular Lichs with varying powers, immunities, and weapons so group composition being diverse in frames and weapons was a winning strategy.

I think exterminate should go back to what it was. It isn't exactly "exterminate" if you aren't wiping out all enemies in the map and leaving no witnesses.

37 minutes ago, Joltyboi said:

I think exterminate should go back to what it was. It isn't exactly "exterminate" if you aren't wiping out all enemies in the map and leaving no witnesses.

What are you talking about? isn't this supposed to be the current state of exterminate missions?

Adding more depth and variations to existing missions gives more options for players to play what they like.
Adding variety to missions through additional conditions (For example; stealthy play, or adding a few extremely beefed up minibosses, that you HAVE to kill, in exterminate missions) is a good thing.

However, I don`t think, old variations of the missions should be replaced.

What about all the people who like the missions as they are?
And why take away variety?

Add these things as an option, (Say, by adding additional conditions you can activate on the mission-screen, that you then have to fulfill. It wouldn`t even necessarily have to change anything in the reward - pool. Just add it for people who like it!), not as a replacement.

2 hours ago, Joltyboi said:

Enemies stop spawning after a while. If you want to wipe everyone out, it's easily doable.

1 hour ago, MorteNexus13 said:

What are you talking about? isn't this supposed to be the current state of exterminate missions?

he's referring back to when Exterminate misisons had a set number of enemies, and only the required amount would spawn: once they were all dead, nothing else would spawn. they changed it so that enemies can still appear after the kill requirement is reached, mainly to make Exterminate Fissures run more smoothly.

personally I'd say leave them as it, with one addition: on harder nodes and higher levels, the enemy has a chance to call in reinforcements when alarms are active:  for Grineer, this would be Nightwatch units, Corpus would send in Hyenas and Lynxes (on larger tiles), Infested would have Zealoid enemies, and Corrupted could maybe send in a hostile Warframe Specter (would make sense to have Specter copies of their best warriors, then you get the perks of having them without actually requiring them.). that way players actively wnating mroe of a fight can get one, and those that don't will have to remember to check the alarms once in a while.

2 minutes ago, (XB1)DOMPATRIOT said:

Nothing about the current state of Warframe is fine...

What drugs are you on so that I make sure to never take them?

The current state is an evolved form that has taken years to get to where it is. It has had some bumps and it has grown with strength and forward progress....but the current state is not on a bad take. The bad side is the players that are not seeing what the game has been, is becoming, and what is possible. The players want what they want and if it's not given, they crymoan. Doesn't matter that they canno make a game themselves so they take it out on those who are making the game they want. 

As for the exterminates.....it would be cool to have different ones popping up. Make some just regular. Others have a mini boss/squad that comes to take out. Then some have a change of plan that pops in that you still have to eliminate everyone but another thing to do. Kind of like the bounties have extra things to do in them that if done, give something extra.

Cheers 🥂

2 hours ago, MorteNexus13 said:

No, the amount of enemies you kill isn't all the enemies in the mission. It used to be you would go into an exterminate and the amount of enemies it wanted you to kill were the only amount of enemies that spawned in a mission, minus enemies that can spawn new enemies.

4 hours ago, sunderthefirmament said:

I would also like Lua Exterminate to be deeply examined and fixed.  The spawns on that node are just horrendous.  Enemies will appear out of thin air, right in front of you, in a way that just doesn't happen in other maps.

Or if you don't nuke everything fast they will respawn in rooms or areas you just cleared as if you never went through there.

I greatly dislike lua due to that. 

And exterminate 'you've killed everything, but can't leave - go run back 300m from extraction and hope something spawns' should've been fixed years ago, I encountered that when I first started and thought I did something wrong.

not going to say that exterminate is fine as is because i'd be lying.

most will say no to a rework because exterminate is one of the few modes that can be rushed and everyone is thankful when exterminate shows up on nightmare, sorties, syndicate alerts, fissures, and kuva alerts. easy rewards, easy to complete, and perfect for warframe's "kill everything and win" mindset.

lets stop the charade and accept that these are the only reasons why exterminate wont receive any changes.

Exterminate doesn't need to be change, it is fine the way it pose to be for no reason to rework it at all.  The fact that exterminate pose to be for your noob, newbie, pro and halfy/average players

If it ain't broke then don't fix it. Exterminate is fine as is. If you want something like what op said then do spy but deliberately set off too many alarms 😈

I wish they would add an elite squad to exterminate. Like a mini boss/group. I think most missions need to spawm at least one "tenno kill squad" after a certain checkpoint. 

... At least in the upcoming hard mode. 

48 minutes ago, Hypernaut1 said:

I wish they would add an elite squad to exterminate. Like a mini boss/group. I think most missions need to spawm at least one "tenno kill squad" after a certain checkpoint. 

... At least in the upcoming hard mode. 

I think most would be fine with this addition to hard mode. I'd be happy with side objectives showing up in hard mode too, depending on what the main mission was.

Capture > Sabotage

Exterminate > Capture

Exterminate > Sabotage

etc. etc.

Each side objective gives an additional reward. So if you complete 3, you get rewarded (when you extract) as if you did 3 missions. Aka 3 relics for example.

5 minutes ago, Tinklzs said:

I think most would be fine with this addition to hard mode. I'd be happy with side objectives showing up in hard mode too, depending on what the main mission was.

Capture > Sabotage

Exterminate > Capture

Exterminate > Sabotage

etc. etc.

Each side objective gives an additional reward. So if you complete 3, you get rewarded (when you extract) as if you did 3 missions. Aka 3 relics for example.

Honestly, yeah. Missions should all either have caches or side optional objectives that count as an extra mission completion of a different reward table

power farming for one thing is unaffected, but players wanting to get multiple or as many things as they can will get more

6 hours ago, MysticDragonMage said:

everyone is thankful when exterminate shows up on hardcore, sorties, syndicate alerts, fissures, and kuva alerts.

hardcore? what?

I like the idea.

11 hours ago, Voltage said:

This would be highly annoying for players using stealth exterminate to gain Affinity. They would have to trigger alarms and then hack the alarms to get "old exterminate" back in order to level Warframes or gain more Focus. Exterminate should be left as is.

Just do the mission twice if you want to have more enemies AND keep your game play style?

I'd say, don't change the enemy numbers, but have alarms spawn in harder enemies with much greater frequency (since enemies aren't determined at mission start, only enemy count).

Whether as a separate "hardcore" mode or as-is would be up to developer. Probably a separate mode.

Then again, I'm of the opinion most missions need touch-ups to be more engaging than they are. I've always set exterminate aside as being the "casual run through slaughterland", but hey, a bias is a bias.