Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Tainted Mods Stack Additively?

Darzk

Question

Okay, so I've had a chance to check and the warframe mods stack additively.

The consensus is that HC stacks additively with Serration and Shred(/ST).

But doing the math then this makes some of these mods really less powerful than they seem.

Tainted Strike, for example would increase +damage to 320% from 220%, which is only a ~45% increase. The speed drop would be from 160% to 140%, or a 12.5% decrease, so an overall effect of ~+27% DPS.

Heck, even HC is only ~+62% DPS at max rank (compare to 90% from MS, 30% from Bane)

Edited by Darzk

6 answers to this question

Base damage still reigns supreme, since it boosts all the elemental damage mods. And since AP damage is pretty much the only type that matters at high level, builds should focus on boosting that, meaning adding things like base damage, multishot, and fire rate.

Have you personally tested this or have a friend who has with raw data? Or is all of this just speculation?

+dmg stacks additively in the UI, and I just double checked in game. Not sure about the -speed from tainted strike.

Base damage still reigns supreme, since it boosts all the elemental damage mods. And since AP damage is pretty much the only type that matters at high level, builds should focus on boosting that, meaning adding things like base damage, multishot, and fire rate.

Of course, but it's not as effective as it seems; multishot and firerate stack multiplicatively with +damage from serration, while HC stacks additively. This means that while it seems that HC is 'doubling' your damage, its actually only adding around 60% DPS; I wouldn't take it over multishot, for example, and its only 2wice as good as Bane.

+dmg stacks additively in the UI, and I just double checked in game. Not sure about the -speed from tainted strike.

Of course, but it's not as effective as it seems; multishot and firerate stack multiplicatively with +damage from serration, while HC stacks additively. This means that while it seems that HC is 'doubling' your damage, its actually only adding around 60% DPS; I wouldn't take it over multishot, for example, and its only 2wice as good as Bane.

So then HC stack multiplicatively with Splitshot too.

Use both(And some forma, yeesh those mod costs!) And destroy everything that ever existed in the history of ever. 

EVER.  

Seriously, I'm thinking of a pure damage/dps built Soma right now. No elementals including piercing hit(Call me crazy, I dare you.). 

Hammer Shot+Vital Sense 

Point Strike

Serration+Heavy Caliber+SplitShot

Shred+Speed Trigger

More kick than a bucking bronco! 

Faster than 25 speeding bullets!

Capable of leaping through several grineer in a single shot! 

Look in the hands of that Tenno! 

Its a nuke! its a train! 

NO. It's Super Soma!