Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Over Flow Of Resources We Don't Care For

RazerSnek

this topic is for decently ranked players ( rank 5+ give or take ) because they most likely played a lot more then the rest of you. So no offense but im trying to prove a point here.

Ever have too much of one thing in your foundry?

by now you can probably guess what im talking about without even mentioning it so keep that thought for a second. 

Having too much of one resource makes one feel like they did alot of work but then they get to a point where they don't even need to farm it because there is not enough things in warframe right now to use it on.

We have too much Nano spores. That is something alot of us can agree on, even if you were to build all the things in warframe that need nano spores you probably wont even run out ( in some cases).

I mean in my clan we joke about our over flow of this resource that we should just build one big nano spore out of all the ones we got. Just a giant nano spore statue or something.

Im hoping DE will add something for nano spores of just remove them entirely because we cant even sell them which i think is insanely dumb -.-

Even if each nano spore was sold for 1 credit id make hundred thousands of credits which is always good to have because lately iv been spending them on transmute and other things like that.

Another resource i have too much of is Salvage... im rank 10 and i built most of the things in warframe and yes i know theres still plenty left but i have right now over 425,000 salvage sitting in my foundry, i have yet to meet someone who has the same as me but then again nobody brags about it because its so easy to get... at least it is for me. Im sure there is a good number of you who probably have alot more then me.

But you prob been playing way before me. 

a third resource i have too much of is Alloy Plate, i have nearly 200,000 if not more. i cant check right now because im on a laptop without warframe but yes give or take 200,000 alloy plate. Once again im sure some have alot more then me. it all depends on what mission you run most obviously.

These being the top 3 we all have an absurd amount of am i right?

So im just hoping that we can hopefully sell resources we want with the option of how much to sell at once in the market.

I know trading is also on the way for clan members but i really want the option to give away my resources i have too much of without needing a trade back of the same rarity. 

Anyone else see this same thing?

do you also have an excess amount of the resources i listed?

What do you think DE should do about this?

Think the ability to sell them at any quantity you want in the market is a good idea?

Remember this topic is more towards those who have been playing warframe for a little while

PS: i forgot to mention that we are also getting alooooot of Control Modules as well, im hoping we dont reach those things in the thousands because i already heard a guy tell me he has over 1,000. 

So unless DE raises the costs of things that use Control Modules it will just make it really easy for people.

I see DE use ferrite in alot of things so thats good, we actually have to go farming for that but how about using nano spores and salvage or alloy plates for the Team Ammo/Heal/Energy crafting ? 

I think there should be something that burns those little resources. If you want one soda from a place and have to get a 12 pack you got 11 sodas you don't need. If you can't drink them, well guess what you just have way too much.

A common thing that could be made are damage boost consumables. Each would take one common (for the enemy type) and one rare from the enemy type and give a set % of damage increase vs a faction. Heres lookin at you Nano Spores and Neurodes an ungodly amount of the common one compared to say one neurode. With the consumable only working when you enter a fight with that faction.

There has to be resources that are more abundant than others. Yes you'll have a lot more than those more rare resources. Thats what makes some resources rare. 

Unbold you post.

/Endthread

No, what makes a resource rare is being dropped in low quantities and low % chance of drop.

We get nano spores by the hundred from drops off mobs while plastids drop by the 10s and are used in alot of things. while nano spores just pile on up.

it should be the other way around. Something common to be used in most of the builds. Does not have to replace another resources spot but instead just be added along other builds.

PS: Im not taking this down because of your small &#! comment with that little /endthread thing. 

PSS: Im not unbolding my post. the option is there i like to use it. 

Edited by RazerSnake1994

There has to be resources that are more abundant than others. Yes you'll have a lot more than those more rare resources. Thats what makes some resources rare. 

Unbold you post.

/Endthread

So you are fine with getting close to 5000 nano spores on average on 1 cyath run when someone counted that you only ever need little over 40,000 nano spores to build everything that needs them?

Yes I have a lot of them, for example I have like 300 000 mutagen samples and other research mats, a lot of many mats... except for ferrite... but the thing here is that they are not this way(except for nanospores)...

You may end with a lot of X material when you reach mastery rank 7 for example... but thats mainly 'cause you have been playing a lot in the same planet(s)

For example: I'm mastery 9, I have a lot, a lot! of alloy plate almost the same amount as nano spores but thats 'cause i mainly play kitse for lv up stuff, same thing with you can imagine... alloy plate, orokin cell, circuits... Also when I reached mastery 7 i started to do some end game stuff, such as reach waves 80+ at outher teriminus and xini just for fun... so... can u imagine which other resurses i have a lot? Rubedeo,plastisids,etc...

But I never ever play in a planet with ferrite... Crap! I never ever in my playtime(500h) have seen my foundry with more than 11k ferrite... NEVER!!!

They just should place all resources in all planet Tiers, I mean there isn't a single planet or mission fun enough to play it and get ferrite...

Edited by kamimegurine

No, what makes a resource rare is being dropped in low quantities and low % chance of drop.

We get nano spores by the hundred from drops off mobs while plastids drop by the 10s and are used in alot of things. while nano spores just pile on up.

it should be the other way around. Something common to be used in most of the builds. Does not have to replace another resources spot but instead just be added along other builds.

PS: Im not taking this down because of your small &#! comment with that little /endthread thing. 

Besides, it's not even that some resources are common/uncommon/rare, it's how often they're used. Look at the number of blueprints requiring Nano Spores compared to the number that require salvage, for example.

I'm currently a tad over Rank 10, I'm not in the OP's position of having too much salvage (simply because a lot more stuff requires it and I've built most of it, and I got sick of farming defense a long time ago) I am in the same boat with alloy plates/nanospores - my stockpile of plates is in the six figures and I haven't farmed it since U8, and to my knowledge, "I need to farm for Nano Spores" is a phrase that was uttered by nobody in the game ever.

Nanospores are a common drop from the easiest faction in the game, and that faction swarms so it has lots of drops.  They should be completely worthless. They're obtained in large numbers primarily because players take the easy road and slaughter the faction that can't shoot back, and are thus the least dangerous enemies available.

Nanospores are a common drop from the easiest faction in the game, and that faction swarms so it has lots of drops.  They should be completely worthless. They're obtained in large numbers primarily because players take the easy road and slaughter the faction that can't shoot back, and are thus the least dangerous enemies available.

They're obtained in large numbers primarily because nothing uses them. To reiterate, compare the number of blueprints requiring spores to those requiring salvage, as noted, you only need about 40,000 of them to build everything in the game that uses them.

Nevermind that you're not exactly correct anyway - spores are a common drop from Grineer and Corpus planets too (Saturn and Neptune, respectively).

They're obtained in large numbers primarily because nothing uses them. To reiterate, compare the number of blueprints requiring spores to those requiring salvage, as noted, you only need about 40,000 of them to build everything in the game that uses them.

Nevermind that you're not exactly correct anyway - spores are a common drop from Grineer and Corpus planets too (Saturn and Neptune, respectively).

The fact that they don't get spent does not affect their income.  As it stands, even the most used resources requires, what 400k?  Yet the number of people claiming over a million nanospores is hardly small.  Even were spores used as much as ferrite, there's still a tremendous gap there. 

If you believe that the commonality of spores if from Saturn and Neptune, and not ages of people playing Xini because it was easy - we'll just have to disagree, because I don't believe that is the case at all.

Edited by Phatose

The fact that they don't get spent does not affect their income.  As it stands, even the most used resources requires, what 400k?  Yet the number of people claiming over a million nanospores is hardly small.  Even were spores used as much as ferrite, there's still a tremendous gap there. 

If you believe that the commonality of spores if from Saturn and Neptune, and not ages of people playing Xini because it was easy - we'll just have to disagree, because I don't believe that is the case at all.

Half-true, long and short of it - DE ain't particularly good at developing an economy: as noted earlier in the thread, you can get about a tenth of the spores you need to build everything in the game from a single mission.

And I can just as easily turn around and say it's because people picked them up as incidental drops from Saturn and Neptune while farming for Cells and Modules (particularly Pre-U9) with equal validity. The fact is, your supposition wasn't correct; spores are an all-too common drop from factions that shoot back, and at locations which were (or still are) regularly farmed.

And since their economy isnt the best right now the simple solution is to let the players sell their nano spores or whatever in the market for credits.

But not 1 by 1, they should also add quantity. ( surprised they didn't)

i still got those corrupted, alpha and beta things from the fomorian event..or was that sling stone.. Either way you know what i mean

Half-true, long and short of it - DE ain't particularly good at developing an economy: as noted earlier in the thread, you can get about a tenth of the spores you need to build everything in the game from a single mission.

And I can just as easily turn around and say it's because people picked them up as incidental drops from Saturn and Neptune while farming for Cells and Modules (particularly Pre-U9) with equal validity. The fact is, your supposition wasn't correct; spores are an all-too common drop from factions that shoot back, and at locations which were (or still are) regularly farmed.

You could assert that, but then you're left asking why nano-spores commonly reach over a million while other common resources do not.  Even the most needed common resources need under 500k.  If incidental common drops from farming rare resources were enough to account for that by itself, then why isn't Ferrite crazy common under the same umbrella?  Usage can only account for so much, and were we to swap Ferrite for nano-spores in every BP, we'd still be left with vast quantities of nano-spores.  

The existence of a secondary drop possibility does not automatically undermine my assertion.  It provides a potentially alternative explanation, but it runs into the problem I just pointed out - the magnitude is off.  Considerably.  Even if we totally ignore that pre-U9, most rare resources farming involved speed running bosses and thus few drops of any sort, the numbers don't line up.

You're welcome to believe that everybody has a million nanospores because they were farming Control Modules, and that it's totally disconnected from people chain running Xini if you'd like - but I'm not going to.

i have 400k nano spores and 8k rubedo but no salvage where are you getting this stuff

Running kappa 5-10 times a day, getting thousand or 2 thousand per run is where i got mine.

But i wasnt farming it i was just there for xp

Kappa drops

Salvage - i have 440,000+

Alloy Plate - i have 260,000+

Rubedo - i have 71,000+

Detonite Ampule - i have 2,000+

Idk I like salvage why do you think there are alerts for it.

There are alerts for any resource in the game, so that statement is illogical. There are alerts even for Nano Spores. Now if DE took out alerts for Nano spores that would mean they knew about the over flow, which would mean they are not doing anything about it. But at this point all evidence points to one thing and its DE not realizing that this is getting silly.

Also the reason im mentioning nano spores is because i actually hear some people say they are low on salvage, but i have yet to hear a decently ranked player tell me they are low on Nano spores.

I think it might be a viable solution to be able to convert resources into other resources of the same rarity level, like control modules into neurodes and orokin cells or nano spores and alloy plate into ferrite. Or maybe we could build rare resources out of the common ones, like making several thousand nano spores into a neurode.

Even if it requires a good amount of credits, I wouldn't mind that. We get credits from everything, so it's not frustrating like grinding on the RNG is.

I think it might be a viable solution to be able to convert resources into other resources of the same rarity level, like control modules into neurodes and orokin cells or nano spores and alloy plate into ferrite. Or maybe we could build rare resources out of the common ones, like making several thousand nano spores into a neurode.

Even if it requires a good amount of credits, I wouldn't mind that. We get credits from everything, so it's not frustrating like grinding on the RNG is.

that actually sounds pretty awesome, thats something i would love alot in this and im sure many people would. I cant see a reason why that wouldn't work out perfectly. Like buy a neurode BP and it required nano spores and plastids and maybe Neural Sensor BP need Nano spores and a control module. XD