Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

New Nightwave store additions frustratingly spaced.

anarchy753

Today's rotation of the Nightwave store has brought a pile of the converted conclave mods. From the start of this season of Nightwave I haven't spent a single credit on anything that wasn't a brand new skin or a converted conclave mod, yet I'm still left 30 creds short to pick up this week's haul. Would it be so hard to space out new releases so that it's actually possible to collect them when they show up rather than having to wait another whole set of rotations in the store for them to come back, which will likely be over a month at least?

• Like 5

As far as I'm aware it's because the Converted Conclave mods are, by and large, completely rubbish....

Also time gating.

It's very likely that DE don't want you being able to get them all quickly and easily from Nightwave. Being able to grab all these within the first three weeks of Nightwave would be yet another slap to the mode where these mods are actually acquired (conclave), and even less reason for players to engage in that.

You're supposed to see these, pick the ones you can, then wait for them to rotate around again. They will. They'll be back.

They'll probably even be in the Intermission when that's active too.

The point is that DE is time-gating you and waving a little flag that says 'these are also available in conclave, please engage in conclave, it needs a hug'.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Birdframe_Prime said:

As far as I'm aware it's because the Converted Conclave mods are, by and large, completely rubbish....

Also time gating.

It's very likely that DE don't want you being able to get them all quickly and easily from Nightwave. Being able to grab all these within the first three weeks of Nightwave would be yet another slap to the mode where these mods are actually acquired (conclave), and even less reason for players to engage in that.

You're supposed to see these, pick the ones you can, then wait for them to rotate around again. They will. They'll be back.

They'll probably even be in the Intermission when that's active too.

The point is that DE is time-gating you and waving a little flag that says 'these are also available in conclave, please engage in conclave, it needs a hug'.

I never saw it as "go try conclave," because we know nobody will, it's more of "here's these interesting concepts we made that are dead because conclave is, so might as well make them available in the rest of the game even if they're terribly balanced for PVE." They seem to have given up on actually trying with conclave thank god.

Up until this week they were doing really well at keeping the new mods/skins in low enough numbers to be able to afford them, but this week there's like 120 creds worth of brand new S#&$ and no possible way to earn that many. It's not like Conclave is actually a good option for getting them, the prices are exorbitant. All it does is annoys people who are collecting them with no benefit.

I was waiting for people to react to it. I calculated this wouldn't be enough weeks before, even if it was just 3 mods per week. You'd literally have to grind days worth of glass resonances. They'll rotate at the end of nightwave and I'm pretty sure it was planned that way so we would have to keep working on nightwave even when we're already done.

I believe these will be in the store from now on like aura mods and such.  Yes it is frustrating if you really wanted a new mod and have no way to get it (I suppose you can trade for plat), but I imagine we will be seeing these so much we will be tired of seeing them before long.  

DE could have spaced them out better!

2 hours ago, anarchy753 said:

Up until this week they were doing really well at keeping the new mods/skins in low enough numbers to be able to afford them, but this week there's like 120 creds worth of brand new S#&$ and no possible way to earn that many.

Again, not this week, no, but they will be back again. Part 2 isn't even out yet and we've had nearly three weeks. We're getting at least another 8 weeks of cycled content, plus the bonus time we get because of the 'prestige' ranks, and if they're not back at least twice over that time, then I'll owe you 10 Plat.

You will have enough credits. It's a time gate not a preventative. It's not supposed to have everything available to you all at once, but instead over the course of the entire season.

Even if it's not a way to get you to play Conclave, it's definitely a way to keep you coming back for the rest of the season. That's all Nightwave is; to get you to play for a given amount of time per week, and at least once every three days (since that's how long the 'dailies' last). If they didn't have a way to make sure you came back for week 10 and further, then it would be a waste of their own time.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, (XB1)Calliber said:

It's week 4... they will rotate back several times.

Now as for Grendel's alt helmet though, it's been available once and never seen again <_<

Speaking of, kind of surprising that there were no new alt helmets added. Octavia and Gara are in the next 4 primes and neither have received their second yet. Don't think a frames ever made it to priming without 2 before.

Well my friend bought me 2 of the mods (40 creds) and doing for around 2h each week and only those fater missions i already have all of the store mods and am past half of nw rewards.. So its possible with small help.. 

Find some long time player that doesn't care about collecting mods and probably has all the alt helmets he wants already.. There is nothing else there, so you should get it for free or cheap (most of my friends burn creds for kuva or nitain having the later in hundreds already) . 

Or just wait few weeks its not like those mods are awesome and needed or worth much.. 

5 hours ago, anarchy753 said:

Speaking of, kind of surprising that there were no new alt helmets added. Octavia and Gara are in the next 4 primes and neither have received their second yet. Don't think a frames ever made it to priming without 2 before.

Ya, only 1 alt helm for each, neither of which I'm all that fond of.  Both are also severely lacking in the Tennogen department as well, Octavia understandably since that model and theme is a bit difficult to conceptualize. I'm still amazed Gara is on the docket for Prime release next spring...time flies (leap-frogging Harrow and Nidus due to ordering).