Jump to content

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Haukaido

Chroma VS PT is unfair

Recommended Posts

It is a fact that chroma is the easiest frame to use against PT. u just stand still and shoot the big spider until it dies.
This renders all those game mechanics of PT useless and turn the fight into a boring grind (the irony).
I chose to fight PT using different frames for this specific reason..I want to have fun fighting an "endgame" boss..
And I want to feel equally rewarded for the challenge aswell.

what's unfair about chroma is along with his very boring and straightforward mechanics, he can offer triple credit boost from the boss fight.
so not only are you using a braindead frame, u  are also getting rewarded for it 3 times as much.

I want to see this inequality removed. Either give all frames increased credit boost against PT so that we  can play whatever frame we want against it. or prevent chroma from gaining more credits against this boss.

I don't care how much u buff chroma as compensation , I just want to see equal rewards from all frames when going against a boss fight because finally there is an interesting boss to fight in this game and I want to feel rewarded for it by playing my favorite frames instead of playing the broken meta.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Please, don't do this. Chroma is currently lying on the floor beaten almost to the death.. Give the PT to him at least.. It's the last thing he has 😢

Btw I 50% agree and 50% don't. Yeah the profit taker should give more cred to everybody and chromas 4 should not work on it.
But I always felt that Warframe is more like a puzzle. You need to find a correct piece that will solve it. Chroma is the solution to PT. He is not really solution to anything else anymore.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Or just don't use chroma, man.

Some people like to get things done fast, others with style

I like both, i use gauss for profit taker.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, (PS4)Hopper_Orouk said:

Or just don't use chroma, man.

Some people like to get things done fast, others with style

I like both, i use gauss for profit taker.

I think u overlooked why I think it's unfair.
u can get 500k credits per run using chroma
1m credits if u have a credit boost.

using another frame will only give u 125k credits.

4 minutes ago, Cerikus said:

Please, don't do this. Chroma is currently lying on the floor beaten almost to the death.. Give the PT to him at least.. It's the last thing he has 😢

Btw I 50% agree and 50% don't. Yeah the profit taker should give more cred to everybody and chromas 4 should not work on it.
But I always felt that Warframe is more like a puzzle. You need to find a correct piece that will solve it. Chroma is the solution to PT. He is not really solution to anything else anymore.

Just because chroma is so badly designed it doesn't justify letting him strip the game out of content.
Chroma needs a rework.
a boss fight shouldn't be designed to work with just 1 frame in a game where u're supposed to switch frames like u switch guns.
Do u know how boring it is to play chroma and spam PT 4 or 5 times a day by just standing still and going BRRRRRRRRR?

I don't want that. I want to dodge and maneuver and make use of those PT mechanics. But rn there's no incentive for me to do so since I'm getting 3 times  or even 4 times less credits than chroma despite exerting more effort and arguably spending more time against the boss.

I can kill PT using Saryn in 10min
I can do it with octavia in 7min
with chroma it takes 5 minutes with minimum effort.
Yet the latter is the one that gives u more rewards. That's just bad game design.
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Haukaido said:

Just because chroma is so badly designed it doesn't justify letting him strip the game out of content.
Chroma needs a rework.
a boss fight shouldn't be designed to work with just 1 frame in a game where u're supposed to switch frames like u switch guns.
Do u know how boring it is to play chroma and spam PT 4 or 5 times a day by just standing still and going BRRRRRRRRR?

I don't want that. I want to dodge and maneuver and make use of those PT mechanics. But rn there's no incentive for me to do so since I'm getting 3 times  or even 4 times less credits than chroma despite exerting more effort and arguably spending more time against the boss.

I can kill PT using Saryn in 10min
I can do it with octavia in 7min
with chroma it takes 5 minutes with minimum effort.
Yet the latter is the one that gives u more rewards. That's just bad game design.
 

of course, you are right about that

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Haukaido said:

That's just bad game design.

This sentence is so overused, i don't know if people who actually say it know what it means.

I don't think the solution is to nerf chroma yet again

And besides, i never got that amount of credits as chroma, i popped effigy before it dies and it still 100k credits, sometimes 50k for some reason

So even if i'm doing something wrong, that's still a proof that not everyone has the right timing to place your effigy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, (PS4)Hopper_Orouk said:

This sentence is so overused, i don't know if people who actually say it know what it means.

I don't think the solution is to nerf chroma yet again

And besides, i never got that amount of credits as chroma, i popped effigy before it dies and it still 100k credits, sometimes 50k for some reason

So even if i'm doing something wrong, that's still a proof that not everyone has the right timing to place your effigy.

I didn't specifically ask for a chroma nerf.
Chroma needs a rework.

But I asked for equal rewards for all frames against PT. That is a fair request.

Also Idk how u're playing PT but 125k  is the minimum amounts of credits u could get from that boss with no boosters. I'll just assume u aren't picking up all the credits that drop because there's no way it gives 50k unless ur game glitched or something.
And I'll also assume u're timing ur 4 badly because it is guaranteed that u get double credits when u use it it just before pt dies. you just have to use it at the location where it drops its loot.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
vor 3 Minuten schrieb (PS4)Hopper_Orouk:

This sentence is so overused, i don't know if people who actually say it know what it means.

I don't think the solution is to nerf chroma yet again

And besides, i never got that amount of credits as chroma, i popped effigy before it dies and it still 100k credits, sometimes 50k for some reason

So even if i'm doing something wrong, that's still a proof that not everyone has the right timing to place your effigy.

Are you standing in range of chroma effigy when picking up the credits?

The problem with profit taker's design is that it's peak ChromaFrame, where no abilities can affect the important enemy or anything it does. Therefore the biggest self buff wins.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, (PS4)Hopper_Orouk said:

This sentence is so overused, i don't know if people who actually say it know what it means.

I don't think the solution is to nerf chroma yet again

And besides, i never got that amount of credits as chroma, i popped effigy before it dies and it still 100k credits, sometimes 50k for some reason

So even if i'm doing something wrong, that's still a proof that not everyone has the right timing to place your effigy.

Well... you always, always should get 125k credits. I have never encoutered a situation when i got less. (Not saying it is not possible)
And learing to place the effigy correctly takes a few runs or one youtube video. I assume OP is implicitly expecting the use of double credit booster, hence 500k creds. 
If you always get less that 125k, you are not picking the credits up.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Being able to farm more credits is a very, very questionable advantage, considering how easy it is to farm them without any additional boosts.

Killing PT with any frame is not that much different, once your weapons become good.

Chroma still has to switch weapons with different elements (or use the operator) and move around to hit PT legs, if solo. If not, Chroma's buffs are also applied to teammates.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, Xaero said:

Being able to farm more credits is a very, very questionable advantage, considering how easy it is to farm them without any additional boosts.

Killing PT with any frame is not that much different, once your weapons become good.

Chroma still has to switch weapons with different elements (or use the operator) and move around to hit PT legs, if solo. If not, Chroma's buffs are also applied to teammates.

500k credits in 5 minutes is a huge advantage. that makes it better than index and more profitable cus u also farm toroids and fortuna rep
and it gets to 1m per 5minutes if there's a double cred event.
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Then in that case, Profit Taker rewards 250k Credits on default but it is no longer stacks with Chroma’s Effigy. Yes Chroma is an absolute mandatory for PT for that 2x Credit Drop from Effigy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, Haukaido said:

500k credits in 5 minutes is a huge advantage. that makes it better than index and more profitable cus u also farm toroids and fortuna rep
and it gets to 1m per 5minutes if there's a double cred event.

It would be meaningful if there was an actual shortage of credits. Does anyone even struggle with them (unless they never do index or railjack missions or whatever)?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Xaero said:

It would be meaningful if there was an actual shortage of credits. Does anyone even struggle with them (unless they never do index or railjack missions or whatever)?

maxing primed mods / trading plat/ buying legendary cores all suck a huge chunk of credits
I can easily use 4m creds in 1 day and using a chroma  vs PT makes farming that a breeze
also maxing rivens is quite expensive

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Haukaido said:

It is a fact that chroma is the easiest frame to use against PT. u just stand still and shoot the big spider until it dies.
This renders all those game mechanics of PT useless and turn the fight into a boring grind (the irony).
I chose to fight PT using different frames for this specific reason..I want to have fun fighting an "endgame" boss..
And I want to feel equally rewarded for the challenge aswell.

what's unfair about chroma is along with his very boring and straightforward mechanics, he can offer triple credit boost from the boss fight.
so not only are you using a braindead frame, u  are also getting rewarded for it 3 times as much.

I want to see this inequality removed. Either give all frames increased credit boost against PT so that we  can play whatever frame we want against it. or prevent chroma from gaining more credits against this boss.

I don't care how much u buff chroma as compensation , I just want to see equal rewards from all frames when going against a boss fight because finally there is an interesting boss to fight in this game and I want to feel rewarded for it by playing my favorite frames instead of playing the broken meta.

And did this post have any meaning? Who even plays for credits lol. You can play whatever frame you like, doesn't stop some frames from being better at their job than your favorite Warframe.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, kevoisvevo said:

Who even plays for credits lol

More players than you think.
Those mods and rivens aren't gonna max themselves. And fusion cores have a trade tax of 1m so either way credits are important.
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2020-06-01 at 10:40 AM, Drachnyn said:

Are you standing in range of chroma effigy when picking up the credits?

The problem with profit taker's design is that it's peak ChromaFrame, where no abilities can affect the important enemy or anything it does. Therefore the biggest self buff wins.

Not helped by the timer for the last part of the fight incentivising burning it down with said biggest self buff. If that wasn't there, more frames could be used, even if they were slower.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2020-06-01 at 5:19 AM, Haukaido said:

I think u overlooked why I think it's unfair.
u can get 500k credits per run using chroma
1m credits if u have a credit boost.

I had no idea that was a thing. Now I'm irked I've been killing Profit Taker without using Chroma >.>

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2020-06-01 at 6:08 AM, Haukaido said:

It is a fact that chroma is the easiest frame to use against PT. u just stand still and shoot the big spider until it dies.
This renders all those game mechanics of PT useless and turn the fight into a boring grind (the irony).
I chose to fight PT using different frames for this specific reason..I want to have fun fighting an "endgame" boss..
And I want to feel equally rewarded for the challenge aswell.

what's unfair about chroma is along with his very boring and straightforward mechanics, he can offer triple credit boost from the boss fight.
so not only are you using a braindead frame, u  are also getting rewarded for it 3 times as much.

I want to see this inequality removed. Either give all frames increased credit boost against PT so that we  can play whatever frame we want against it. or prevent chroma from gaining more credits against this boss.

I don't care how much u buff chroma as compensation , I just want to see equal rewards from all frames when going against a boss fight because finally there is an interesting boss to fight in this game and I want to feel rewarded for it by playing my favorite frames instead of playing the broken meta.

Profit taker is easy with any frame.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

How dare a frame have a single situation in the entire game where he's viable, NERF

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

While I'll agree that Chroma is boring (and really needs a rework) he really doesn't invalidate any of the PT fight. You still need to employ multiple elements for the shield phase which will switch elements faster the more damage you deal, still need to use an archgun to take out its legs, and you still need to destroy the pylons. All while still avoiding her abilities and all the constantly spawning corpus units. Plus there are other frames with damage buff abilities that can do more or less the exact same thing with just as little effort.

Also if the interaction with Chroma's 4 granting you more credits from PT is a problem then DE shouldn't have made her drop physical credits instead of making them a bounty reward.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'd agree if I hadn't seen a screenshot of a Mesa completing THREE (3) rounds of High Risk Index solo in 10 minutes (no joke!). And even I can do a round solo in 5-7 minutes... I'm just not seeing the issue with Chroma reaping more rewards in Profit Taker. You can get similar (or more in the case of Mesa) in a similar amount of time in Index... and it's much easier and less irritating.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2020-06-01 at 4:39 PM, Haukaido said:

I didn't specifically ask for a chroma nerf.
Chroma needs a rework.

i would say that chroma actually did get a serious rework, the problem is .... the rework ideas turned out would need to change chroma so much that DE decided to make them an entire new frame instead - Wisp.

If you really think about it, both frame have striking familiarity on how their abilities behave, just shuffling the skill interaction around: All the abundance buffs, some forms of buff switching, placing in-world maker (effigy and wisp's 1st skill), dual forms (effigy and wisp decoy), enemy debuff and the weird restricted-movement-underpowered-beam-ability, i would say DE spent all the best idea on how to rework chroma on wisp design. They tried, they really did, it just didn't turn out to keep his theme consisted with the changes, and it would be a bit longer for them to try rework him again if ever.

 also a change to the amount of credit reward for the fight or remove his specific effigy interaction with bosses would be enough to fix it in this case, so agree on that 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

×
×
  • Create New...