Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Chroma VS PT is unfair

Haukaido

11 hours ago, BRZZAFK said:

Well. If we are talking about solo you can run anything .But Chroma 3 make him good at playing with teammate. He has a role in SS event buffing mesa recently.

Yeah in SS he was viable too. It is in most other things where you move that he just falls behind since his buff area is so small and also only effects weapons. So you end up with a tank that hits harder than others but lack other things that others have that may be more useful in the situation. Not saying he is better or worse than Atlas, just that I'd prefer Atlas in most other things due to the CC, since the weapons already deal enough damage and you dont need to rely on buffs to get durable.

4 hours ago, Methanoid said:

Enemies killed by the sentry have a 15% / 30% / 45% / 60% chance to drop additional credits.

• All Credits that drop within 10 meters of the sentry yield 25% / 50% / 75% / 100% additional credits.
    • The range is not affected by mods.
  • Technically increases credits income by 3.75% / 15% / 33.75% / 60% while the Sentry is active.
  • Credit chance and credit bonus are not affected by Ability Strength.

^ Wiki entry out of date then or mix and match of correct/incorrect?

It is correct since it works in two ways.

It has a 60% chance to drop an extra stack of credtis when it kills. If no credits drop, it still has a 60% chance to drop credits.

It doubles all credits that drop within 10m of the sentry. This includes credits dropped through sentry kills.

So if a mob is killed by the sentry within 10m of it you have a chance to recieve 4x the normal amount of credits. Natural drop x2, sentry drop x2.

The "technically" part is fuzzy though and I'm not really sure what it is based on.

6 hours ago, Methanoid said:

Enemies killed by the sentry have a 15% / 30% / 45% / 60% chance to drop additional credits.

• All Credits that drop within 10 meters of the sentry yield 25% / 50% / 75% / 100% additional credits.
    • The range is not affected by mods.
  • Technically increases credits income by 3.75% / 15% / 33.75% / 60% while the Sentry is active.
  • Credit chance and credit bonus are not affected by Ability Strength.

^ Wiki entry out of date then or mix and match of correct/incorrect?

Well... what is written there is absolutelly correct for normal play, but I think that the PF fight has probably some mechanics that make it work even though the effigy is not the one doing the killing. It's the same with eidolons, doesn't matter who does the final shot, everybody gets the kill/capture count. When effigy is active, i guess it's an active player entity and when PT goes down, it counts as kill for it too, hence double credits.

On 2020-06-02 at 7:53 PM, trst said:

While I'll agree that Chroma is boring (and really needs a rework) he really doesn't invalidate any of the PT fight. You still need to employ multiple elements for the shield phase which will switch elements faster the more damage you deal, still need to use an archgun to take out its legs, and you still need to destroy the pylons. All while still avoiding her abilities and all the constantly spawning corpus units. Plus there are other frames with damage buff abilities that can do more or less the exact same thing with just as little effort.

Also if the interaction with Chroma's 4 granting you more credits from PT is a problem then DE shouldn't have made her drop physical credits instead of making them a bounty reward.

This is exactly the purpose behind this entire post.
killing PT in a short amount of time was never the issue.
I can solo the thing with saryn in 10 minutes and with octavia in 7 minutes..
Idk why most people here turned it into a "killing PT isn't hard" post when my original complaint was about the credit boost and nothing else.

Also, Idk why some players here are assuming this is an issue of "envy" when my point was simply having the possibility to play different frames against the boss without compromised rewards.
I too can play play chroma for the credits but if I'm playing a game simply for profit instead of entertainment then it's not really a game..
Chroma is already an easy pick against PT. He doesn't have to reward players with extra credits ,because again, if all frames gave the same reward I would even bring Nyx against PT just for the challenge because I know I'm not losing out on rewards.

Notice how I didn't complain about Volt vs eidolons being unfair because eidolon loot can't be affected by drop buffs.

On 2020-06-02 at 9:18 PM, JohnKable said:

Also its an enemy that after like 10 times, you basically have no reason to do again and its not a fun fight to begin with

I could say the same thing about every mission in this game. This is the whole reason behind switching out frames and setups every now n then. you wouldn't run ESO with saryn or volt all the time. sometimes you bring mirage , some other times u bring mag or equinox or even grendel. You wouldn't run kuva survivals with nekros+volt+limbo all the time , sometimes u want a loki, some other times u bring octavia, or khora, or gara, or gauss. switching frames in these missions will not affect your  end mission rewards. it just affects the efficiency of the mission.
 This is also why I started switching out frames whenever I'm farming PT. I don't want the mission to feel like a chore. I want it to be fun to play. 

On 2020-06-03 at 11:05 AM, taiiat said:

by your logic you should also be required to play this content Solo only because having 4 Players also makes the encounter totally trivial and semi-AFK.

Again, I am not complaining about mission difficulty. PT is trivial with almost any frame. Exodia Contagion+magnetic kuva gun ftw

Edited by Haukaido

53 minutes ago, Haukaido said:

Also, Idk why some players here are assuming this is an issue of "envy" when my point was simply having the possibility to play different frames against the boss without compromised rewards.
I too can play play chroma for the credits but if I'm playing a game simply for profit instead of entertainment then it's not really a game..
Chroma is already an easy pick against PT. He doesn't have to reward players with extra credits ,because again, if all frames gave the same reward I would even bring Nyx against PT just for the challenge because I know I'm not losing out on rewards.

Your entire position on the matter is summed up thusly. "It is unfair I can't use the frame I wan't and get the rewards the frame I don't want to use gets for doing this one piece of content."

If you are not in this for profit than your entire argument is invalidated by your own statements on the matter. If you are in it for profit you admit you would be taking Chroma instead. But this logic of yours also translates into all frames should get Nekros Desecrate because not every frame can do that and that's unfair I can't get those extra drops on a frame like Nezha. They are not going to give every frame the ability to boost credits, or boost any kind of loot drop. That is reserved for specific frames and it is part of their kits as standard or via mod. 

Which is why I don't see this changing anytime soon, especially considering that Profit Taker is locked behind some serious grind whereas modes like Index not so much. I would also factor in the sheer amount of Partner videos and guides on doing PT with a Chroma that have been around awhile if they changed it now in the current climate where every perceived nerf is tantamount to preparing for a nuclear detonation. If the sheer amount of flak your position has gotten in this thread is a sample size of the general community then the blowback for altering this now would be significant. Even if they rework Chroma touching the dragons gold at this point is a no go.

So take your own position and hold to it if you wish. If you're playing for entertainment then the rewards you are so apt to get shouldnt matter, and if not then adapt and play the game as it is. You can recommend an improvement surely, but claiming it is unfair is just plain tough cookies. Whatever makes you feel accomplished should not be forced upon the rest of the players in the game.

P.s. Your rewards would only be compromised if taking certain frames lowered the total amount of reward you would get for completing the boss.

late night lol GIF by The Rundown with Robin Thede 

1 hour ago, Haukaido said:

when my original complaint was about the credit boost and nothing else.

you talked about much more than just that.

and what of it, there are Warframes that get extra __ from playing __ in many places in the game.
are you then indirectly suggesting that no l00t Abilities shouldn't exist? well, in a way i agree since the existence of the Ability features means that the game will always assume and expect that you are using them.... but that's not likely to change since that would be positive for the game versus positive for bottom line.

2 hours ago, Haukaido said:

How is you playing a frame that gets more rewards in specific cases 'not really a game'?

IMO, your entire premise is based on some magical nirvana of 'fairness' that, in reality, is an illusion and simply cannot become reality w/o literally make all players earn resources at exactly the same rate which in turn nullifies the gathering and usage of said resources, just give everyone the end results at the same time - which IMO, would make it no longer a game, but just a login-get-stuff-service.

What other than envy or just being a controlling person would make you want to force everyone to earn things at the same rate in a game like this?

On 2020-06-01 at 10:08 AM, Haukaido said:

It is a fact that chroma is the easiest frame to use against PT. u just stand still and shoot the big spider until it dies.
This renders all those game mechanics of PT useless and turn the fight into a boring grind (the irony).
I chose to fight PT using different frames for this specific reason..I want to have fun fighting an "endgame" boss..
And I want to feel equally rewarded for the challenge aswell.

what's unfair about chroma is along with his very boring and straightforward mechanics, he can offer triple credit boost from the boss fight.
so not only are you using a braindead frame, u  are also getting rewarded for it 3 times as much.

I want to see this inequality removed. Either give all frames increased credit boost against PT so that we  can play whatever frame we want against it. or prevent chroma from gaining more credits against this boss.

I don't care how much u buff chroma as compensation , I just want to see equal rewards from all frames when going against a boss fight because finally there is an interesting boss to fight in this game and I want to feel rewarded for it by playing my favorite frames instead of playing the broken meta.

I'm sorry but PT isn't fun nor are the rewards that good, thus the sooner I kill it the better, this is why I use chroma and why many others choose to do so as well. It's "mechanics" are god awful, it's just a bunch of stuns, knockdowns and adds, it's not a fun fight and the longer it goes on the more annoying it is. Chroma isn't the problem, its the way the gameplay is designed that is.

Edited by Sonicbullitt

12小时前 , SneakyErvin 说:

Yeah in SS he was viable too. It is in most other things where you move that he just falls behind since his buff area is so small and also only effects weapons. So you end up with a tank that hits harder than others but lack other things that others have that may be more useful in the situation. Not saying he is better or worse than Atlas, just that I'd prefer Atlas in most other things due to the CC, since the weapons already deal enough damage and you dont need to rely on buffs to get durable.

That's how this game work though. You choose the best for one mission. Chroma is the best at buff weapon right now so even rest of his kits is useless he still is part of meta. But other warframe is better cc/clear mobs/tank than Atlas so he is not in the meta.

Edited by BRZZAFK

7 hours ago, Haukaido said:

Your entire premise for this argument is that you need more credits for trading and making plat so guess what, that's exactly what you're doing. If you didn't care so much about making profit you wouldn't have a problem in the first place.

Edited by -CdG-Zilchy

11 hours ago, BRZZAFK said:

That's how this game work though. You choose the best for one mission. Chroma is the best at buff weapon right now so even rest of his kits is useless he still is part of meta. But other warframe is better cc/clear mobs/tank than Atlas so he is not in the meta.

Oh indeed. Just saying that outside of the few modes where he is meta he is no better than Atlas. In a case where I only had those two to pick from I'd take Atlas for pretty much everything except the "big boss" modes and assassination. Both frames need serious reworks though since there is little reason to pick either for most things.