Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Digital Extremes Statement + Livestreams

[DE]Rebecca

1 minute ago, Letter13 said:

Believe it or not, but real world issues do affect the digital and in-game world. Opting to bury your head in the sand and sing 'Lalalala' doesn't make it magically go away.

... I mean you could certainly do that if you really wanted to. Simply leave the thread. Pretend it doesn't exist. You don't have to read it or DE's support for equal justice and equal rights if you don't want to.

Rebecca's post is divisive, political and toxic, and only stands for one race, one kind of injustice. My head isn't the one buried in the sand. 

8 minutes ago, (XB1)YoungGunn82 said:

What about all the other injustices in the world Digital Extremes? That doesn't matter because they weren't black? I see.

Other bigotry goes on in public channels in warframe.  It used to be a full blown meme.  They tried to address it by having kickbot ban for it.  Now it's a meme to taunt kickbot with it.  It's disgusting.  It's shameful.  Hopefully DE addresses it better than they have.

4 minutes ago, (XB1)YoungGunn82 said:

Rebecca's post is divisive, political and toxic, and only stands for one race, one kind of injustice. My head isn't the one buried in the sand. 

a lot ppl may have skew the msge behind BLM which is about stopping racism but you should not take the word BlackLivesMatter as a exclusive club where only black people are allow to fight racism. Its about stopping racism and started cuz of black people dying but surely we all can read behind the lines realize its actually about stopping racism not just Blackpeopleonly stopping racism.

People get so fixated on the BLACK in BLM they ignore the fact its really about stopping racism. 

Voltage you keep glossing over the point everyone keeps making that they mentioned it to explain why they won’t be streaming. It was directly relevant. Not to mention you shared a screen cap from Warframe were they stated they chose to not be silent, which just supports them in their decision to make a public statement on their forums about their streams.

11 minutes ago, Voltage said:

This is a video game forum. Twitter, Facebook, and dozens of other outlets are available to express these concerns. Please do not include the Warframe Forums as an outlet for this topic. This thread is irrelevant and there are already pages of nonconstructive posts. I do hope it gets locked which would further prove many players point as well as my own.

This is most definitely a political topic that does not belong on the Forums. Please do not pretend this topic wouldn't be insta-locked if it weren't for [DE]Rebecca posting it. You already had to clean the thread of more than 50% of the pages. That already shows how unnecessary this post is for the Warframe Forums as opposed to a better-suited media outlet. I've seen multiple threads locked and removed over the last 5 years for housing similar discussion for good reason. These Forums exist mainly for Warframe players you know, talking about gaming Warframe. 

There is no way you can say this post has merit here on the Warframe forums. 

It has merit here on the Warframe forums.
Look, there was a way and then I said it!
It affects the game, whether you like it or not.

14 minutes ago, Voltage said:

Directly from the Terms of Service 100% of people here agreed to when making a Warframe Account:

The concept of this thread is not political campainging, but the usage sort of is...

Also, directly from [DE]Bear literally a few weeks ago in another thread:

Source

So sure, you can bend the vague Forums rules in your favor, but I am just expressing common sense that even [DE]Rebecca mentions in her own OP:

This is a Video Game forum. Twitter, Facebook, and dozens of other outlets are available to express these concerns. Please do not include the Warframe Forums as an outlet for this topic. This thread is irrelevant and there are already pages of nonconstructive posts. I do hope it gets locked which would further prove many players point as well as my own.

This is most definitely a political topic that does not belong on the Forums. Please do not pretend this topic wouldn't be insta-locked if it weren't for [DE]Rebecca posting it. You already had to clean the thread of more than 50% of the pages. That already shows how unnecessary this post is for the Warframe Forums as opposed to a better-suited media outlet. I've seen multiple threads locked and removed over the last 5 years for housing similar discussion for good reason. These Forums exist mainly for Warframe players you know, talking about gaming Warframe. 

There is no way you can say this post has merit here on the Warframe forums. 

- As has already been said repeatedly, this is not a political issue. People shouldn't get murdered due to the colour of their skin. Simple as that.
- This is the News section of their own damn forum. Believe it or not, "We're not doing devstreams this week, and here's why" is 100% relevant and 100% belongs here.
- lol, yall are still going on with the "I don't want politics in my video game" shtick despite actively engaging in the topic of your own accord.

10 minutes ago, (XB1)YoungGunn82 said:

Rebecca's post is divisive, political and toxic

Yikes, my dude.

16 minutes ago, Letter13 said:

Desiring equal rights and equal justice is not political. This is 2020. Not the 1860s. 

Office politics:

activities within an organization that are aimed at improving someone's status or position and are typically considered to be devious or divisive.
"yet another discussion of office politics and personalities"

The current topic at hand that people are perceiving as political has no association with DE. The person at hand for causing this entire storm of discontent in the world, but primarily the US, is already charged with murder. Justice is being executed just as quickly, if not for the riots, if it was any other case, if not more so because of public opinion. This to me seems like nothing more than a PR stunt as DE has known how bad region chat is for years, it has been topic of numerous conversations for years . It gives me, and I would assume others, a very sour taste of disingenuous act to earn "good boy points" within the community after the severe backlash from said community recently.

No one is here seriously trying to oppress people of a certain race, no one is here trying to say anything toxic. They are only, and have only, said that this forum has nothing to do with the political nature that has been injected into this thread. If nothing else, if you would look at this thread and treat it as unacceptable if it was not for a DE member posting it, then this is hypocrisy and as such should be either removed, or purged of political nature and instead simply state that there will be no streams because DE is working on fixing region chat without any other reason than wanting to improve the state of the game.

1 minute ago, (XB1)Dex Xean said:

a lot ppl may have skew the msge behind BLM which is about stopping racism but you should not take the word BlackLivesMatter as a exclusive club where only black people are allow to fight racism. Its about stopping racism and started cuz of black people dying but surely we all can read behind the lines realize its actually about stopping racism not just Blackpeopleonly stopping racism.

People get so fixated on the BLACK in BLM they ignore the fact its really about stopping racism. 

Amen.

To quote MLK Jr. "Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere".

3 minutes ago, (XB1)Dex Xean said:

If that is the case then why is it a issue if all lives matter? It is in the name ALL lives matter.

1 minute ago, Helminth said:

If that is the case then why is it a issue if all lives matter? It is in the name ALL lives matter.

Because "All Lives Matter" is being co-opted as an Anti-Black-Lives-Matter (or a "Black Lives Don't Matter") movement. It's an active criticism of the criticism of injustice.

9 minutes ago, -dicht.Akemi- said:

Politics:

activities within an organization that are aimed at improving someone's status or position and are typically considered to be devious or divisive.
"yet another discussion of office politics and personalities"

The current topic at hand that people are perceiving as political has no association with DE. The person at hand for causing this entire storm of discontent in the world, but primarily the US, is already charged with murder. Justice is being executed just as quickly, if not for the riots, if it was any other case, if not more so because of public opinion. This to me seems like nothing more than a PR stunt as DE has known how bad region chat is for years, it has been topic of numerous conversations for years . It gives me, and I would assume others, a very sour taste of disingenuous act to earn "good boy points" within the community after the severe backlash from said community recently.

No one is here seriously trying to oppress people of a certain race, no one is here trying to say anything toxic. They are only, and have only, said that this forum has nothing to do with the political nature that has been injected into this thread. If nothing else, if you would look at this thread and treat it as unacceptable if it was not for a DE member posting it, then this is hypocrisy and as such should be either removed, or purged of political nature and instead simply state that there will be no streams because DE is working on fixing region chat without any other reason than wanting to improve the state of the game.

Im curious because most ppl that actually truely support BLM is not about blacks only getting mistreat but the underlying meaning that they are against racism as a whole what is so bad that DE taking a stance against Racism?

7 minutes ago, Helminth said:

Look its started as a group by black people cause well they are the most vocal at the time about black people dying to racism. I agree that yes ALLlivesmatter would be more more clear and straightforward but do we seriously need someone to make it clear? Can we all not as people realize its not just blacks? that it is all colors? 

I very much wish the phrase "All Lives Matter" was the words used so ppl would stop assuming that BLM is only about Blacks but sadly BLM that name is the most popular phrase cause both sides wont get over the fact its BLACK lives matter instead of ALL lives matter.

32 minutes ago, Helminth said:

Assuming you're actually not familiar with the topic: BLM isn't "black lives are the only ones that matter", but rather "black lives do, in fact, matter".

Think about it this way: you have a child who hasn't eaten his vegetables at the dinner table since birth. You tell him that he should eat his veggies (#EatYourVeggies). He instead looks at you dead in the eye and wisely says that he needs to eat all of his food (#EatAllYourFood) but goes on about as usual.

When you tell your child that eating his veggies is important, it isn't to say that he should neglect everything else. It's that he's been treating his veggies particularly poorly, and it's time to treat them as well as he does the rest of his food.

EDIT: Aaaaaand, as expected, he ignored this entirely but continues to argue against BLM below. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

2 minutes ago, Letter13 said:

Because "All Lives Matter" is being co-opted as an Anti-Black-Lives-Matter (or a "Black Lives Don't Matter") movement. It's an active criticism of the criticism of injustice.

I hate to say it that is different for each person. Injustice and ignorance comes in all colors. No person regardless of skin color should have been treated the way he was. Unfortunately if it was 2 white people or if the skin color was flipped or if it was 2 black guys then this outrage wouldn't even have happened in the first place. All lives matter regardless of skin color it shouldn't be about race it should be about conduct and basic human decency.

Just now, (XB1)Dex Xean said:

Im curious because most ppl that actually truely support BLM is not about blacks only getting mistreat buy the underlying meaning that they are against racism as a whole what is so bad that DE takes a stance against Racism?

The difference is this website is https://www.warframe.com/ not their company website https://www.digitalextremes.com/ 

This website, and all subsections such as the forums, should be about Warframe and not company views or policies if they are not directly connected to Warframe. No one is mad that DE is against racism, I don't think anyone seriously discussing this is pro-racism, it's just that we don't want to see political views of sides we agree, or disagree, with on this forums.

If the mods make exceptions to what political topics are allowed, then it shows as hypocrisy when only some discussions are allowed, if we ban them all on this forums then it's simply a case of those discussions are not meant for this forum. If we take the latter stance, then no one, not even DE, should inject their own views on this forum.

8 minutes ago, Letter13 said:

Amen.

Said as if the man is still walking free today. The man was fired, divorced, and convicted of third degree murder and second degree manslaughter already. And to go even further, the other officers that were there with him were also fired for not intervening. 

I'm not saying this was an ok thing to do, in fact I would say it was an evil thing to do. But the response is completely unnecessary and getting out of hand. Give the justice system a chance to work before you demand justice as if it was ignored.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/06/01/us/minneapolis-police-chief-floyd-response/index.html

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/wife-accused-minneapolis-police-officer-derek-chauvin-says-divorce-filing-n1221271

3 minutes ago, (XB1)YoungGunn82 said:

again you both focus on the word "Black" live matters and still keep using it to push your points.

4 minutes ago, -dicht.Akemi- said:

The difference is this website is https://www.warframe.com/ not their company website https://www.digitalextremes.com/ 

This website, and all subsections such as the forums, should be about Warframe and not company views or policies if they are not directly connected to Warframe. No one is mad that DE is against racism, I don't think anyone seriously discussing this is pro-racism, it's just that we don't want to see political views of sides we agree, or disagree, with on this forums.

If the mods make exceptions to what political topics are allowed, then it shows as hypocrisy when only some discussions are allowed, if we ban them all on this forums then it's simply a case of those discussions are not meant for this forum. If we take the latter stance, then no one, not even DE, should inject their own views on this forum.

There is only one rule and its about supporting a candidate politically on one side. Im assuming in any country. If you have been a long time lurker/reader of the forums like me MOST political threads close down cause they always almost always are either supporting a candidate or its a controversial topic like gay rights or something ppl derail into flaming each other or debate so much they start to get heated and insult each other passive aggressively.

10 minutes ago, Shinobu_Scorpion said:

Said as if the man is still walking free today. The man was fired, divorced, and convicted of third degree murder and second degree manslaughter already. And to go even further, the other officers that were there with him were also fired for not intervening. 

I'm not saying this was an ok thing to do, in fact I would say it was an evil thing to do. But the response is completely unnecessary and getting out of hand. Give the justice system a chance to work before you demand justice as if it was ignored.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/06/01/us/minneapolis-police-chief-floyd-response/index.html

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/wife-accused-minneapolis-police-officer-derek-chauvin-says-divorce-filing-n1221271

The only reason that happened was because there were bystanders who were able to record the event happening. This was not an isolated event. It just happened to be one that was exposed.

Had there been no video of the event and George Floyd simply became another 'statistic,' I can guarantee you that Derek Chauvin would be walking around, scot-free.

The exposure of the injustices against George Floyd isn't only about justice for George Floyd. It's about justice for all of the people whom suffer the injustices that George Floyd was subjected to.

Just now, Letter13 said:

The only reason that happened was because there were bystanders who were able to record the event happening. This was not an isolated event. It just happened to be one that was exposed.

Had there been no video of the event and George Floyd simply became another 'statistic,' I can guarantee you that Derek Chauvin would be walking around, scot-free.

The exposure of the injustices against George Floyd aren't only about justice for George Floyd. It's about justice for all of the people whom suffer the injustices that George Floyd was subjected to.

Just as bombing the middle east wont undo 9/11 rioting and looting wont bring him back either. I 100% support peoples right to PEACEFULLY protest how ever people are not even giving the system a chance to work. Of course things need to change but MLK changed a whole lot and he didn't need to riot. 

To people saying they don't want politics in their game.  Have you not played Fortuna?

It is literally about a group of people being kept as debt slaves, something is also passed on to their children.  They have parts of themselves taken from them when they can't keep up with the debt and have to keep working to avoid more debt.  We the Tenno come in on the side of helping those individuals, which involves "acts of violence" against the oppressors.

Like only thing different is there aren't hashtags in game like #SolariaLivesMatter and you all would be arguing that #Alllivematter.  Yeah no S#&$ lives matter but currently there is a subset of the population who aren't even at the baseline of mattering to a majority of people and all they want is to be on equal footing.  Once we get there then we can talk about all lives matter when they all are actually equal.

3 minutes ago, Helminth said:

Just as bombing the middle east wont undo 9/11 rioting and looting wont bring him back either. I 100% support peoples right to PEACEFULLY protest how ever people are not even giving the system a chance to work. Of course things need to change but MLK changed a whole lot and he didn't need to riot. 

Agreed, to an extent. The looting and violence is bad.

However, the reason that protests are escalating is due to two significant reasons:

1. The Police are escalating the violence & even instigating in some places
  2. The 'system' has repeatedly failed to administer justice befitting of crimes perpetrated by police officers.

The worry is that 'Yes, the system succeeded this time but it will go back to exactly the way it was tomorrow' because that would not be progress, nor would that be justice.

42 minutes ago, Letter13 said:

Desiring equal rights and equal justice is not political. This is 2020. Not the 1860s. 

If it is not a political issue then why didn't DE make a thread about the ongoing Hong Kong protesting?

45 minutes ago, Letter13 said:

Amen.

I'm sorry, I really am. But please don't quote MLK in bad faith. Martin Luthor King didn't want anything to be about race. MLK fought for years for ALL people to be treat as equal. When you quote MLK and begin putting the difference OF race into a discussion or argument you are going against his teachings. Most importantly MLK wanted there to be peaceful protests. I only intended to make one post to this topic and be as neutral as possible but seeing a forum Moderator, someone who is meant to be looked up to by everyone disrespecting Martin Luthor King's message then I am sorry, but I am offended. These riots will only reverse the work MLK worked so hard for.

Archived